Internet-Addicted Chinese Youth Break Out of Boot Camp

hottsaucekid

Sep 20, 2009
CloggedDonkey said:
They probably played this song the entire time they where escaping:

OT: Anyway, good on them. Not only did they stand up against China, if in a small way, they would need balls the size of small planets to run from any kind of camp.
OHH you beat me to it,great song.

anyways i think i might be addicted to the internet but i really dont care what others think the internet is awesome

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
I support my nerdy brothers and sisters in arm! Arise comrades! Solidarity! Throw off the shackles of the oppressors!

Arise, you prisoners of 'net starvation!
Arise, you wretched of 4chan!
For anonymous thunders condemnation:
A better world's in birth!
No more tradition's chains shall bind us,
Arise you slaves, no more in thrall!
The earth shall rise on new foundations:
We have been nought, we shall be all!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Wow...Steve McQueen would be so proud XD Well, its certainly not the great escape but it is certainly something if you are that far along...

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
It would have been so much cooler if they were caught because one of the Camp Commandants Tweeted "Good luck" and they all Tweeted back "Thank You".

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
Damn, thats a hell of a story for them to tell, even if it didnt work.

Can't blame them, imagine its the same for any kid who gets put somewhere he doesnt want to be

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
They should have used Noclip or Notarget codes in the dev console to break out.
Come on. Do you guys see it too? I'm not the only one right?

Bek359

Feb 23, 2010
Moral of the story? Never, ever stiff a cabbie. They will punish you somehow.

bismarck55

Mar 1, 2010
John Funk said:
Simalacrum said:
Aw godammit John, I haven't seen the Great Escape yet! D:

I hope your happy with yourself!
Dude, 1963. Statue of limitations on this thing.
statute.

Also wtf? why? I haven't seen great escape yet either.

Its not like spoiling splice where where the dude has sex with dren and then dren rapes the dudes girlfriend and you can totally see it coming. Oops.

Oh, I guess spoiling stuff I don't like is fun.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
John Funk said:
Which actually does make it like The Great Escape after all, huh? (Whoops, spoilers.)
No! Whats the point in even watching it anymore? Anyway, the supervisors just lucky it wasn't the violent games addiction facility just down the road... Manhunt can do terrible things to people. And if they'd spent a bit of time on MGS, they probably wouldn't have been caught . These kids have missed a trick here, they should only play stealth games from now on! Then they can escape anything at anytime easily.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Simalacrum said:
Aw godammit John, I haven't seen the Great Escape yet! D:

I hope your happy with yourself!
Me neither. I don't think that was funny.
Blitzkreg said:
Thats seriously sad that they had to fight their way out. They should be in that camp. Seriously? Thats kind of sad that theyre THAT addicted.
I was rooting for the camp aswell. They should get their asses treated (or kicked which will probably happen anyway).

I can imagine them sitting in a dark corner all hunched together one of them coming:

Hey guys, check it out, I got a fake iphone with internet access. Smuggeled it in this morning. 30$ per facebook update, 5$ per tweet. Then they fight to the death for the device, the bloodied winner updating :"I just totally committed homicide. Lmao, sweet!" which will get 2 triumphant likes.

Fuck, I should go in a camp.

madrick11

Aug 24, 2009
It's a shame that things were bad enough that these kids tried to escape. If they're addicted to the internet THAT much, then the parents should step in and do something instead of dumping their problems on others.

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
24 million suffer from internet addiction? Why is that news? This is a country of over two billion we're talking about. 24 million is just a drop in the bucket.

I wonder how many of these kids escaped because they needed internet or escaped because of the living conditions? I wouldn't be surprised if a few of the kids would quite easily swear off internet forever if just so they wouldn't be sent back.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
If they're addicted to the internet, they need to get that sorted. Although I don't see the point in a camp, just take away their internet devices and give them some books.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
FREEDOM!

*yank*

Nope, you have to be reeducated.

If China won't change on its own, the people will eventually change it for themselves.