Internet Nostalgia

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
I was 7-8 and I had Dial-up, had to be off the internet to make a call. That sound haunts my dreams...

Klarinette

May 21, 2009
OptimusHagrid said:
Can we talk about nostalgic websites?
Yes, yes we can! Don't mind if I do :D
First of all, I remember that the first browser I used was Netscape Navigator, mainly because it's what all the school computers had and it's all I knew. I remember in middle school, there was an email server called Cyber Smile on the ZZN newtwork. That's where my first email address was, which was stupid because I knew all of like, eight people.

Later on, there was the old Comedy Central website, which was fiendishly difficult and annoying to navigate. OOH! And then there was Angelfire where I had my first website/online journal. I was an HTML master by the end of that nonsense. Such tacky pages. Utopia... did the Utopia thing. There was an online game site that had a bunch of chatrooms and stuff in it... used to go there a lot. Can't remember for my life what it's called. I joined MySpace seven years ago. Joined Facebook just about four years ago.

I don't remember what I used to do before that. Someone mentioned something about not knowing what to do once they were online--yeah, me neither. Not really. Aside from chatting, I didn't even think about anything else.

Cinnamonfloss

Mar 21, 2010
ghostrider409895 said:
I remember the first time I ever had Internet, I was about six or so. My family had one of those disks that offered free AOL for three months. The first website I went on was Cartoon Network. I remember it was the coolest thing, because I think that was also where I played my first electronic game. My favorite one was the one about Code Name: Kids Next Door. Of course after the three months we got rid of it, and we did not reinstall Internet until I began the seventh grade.

I miss those times, when I was young. The thing I miss most was that it was a lot eaiser to be ammused. For me personally, I just had a lot more fun. Now unless something is spectacular, I just cannot get too excited about it.
Oh gosh.
I remember when you went onto that CN: KND site there would be a loading screen with a hand on it and my sister and I used to always put our hand up agaisnt it and actually think it was scanning our hands.
What?
We were only kids! Sheesh.
Oh yeah, dial up and THAT STUPID NOISE IT MADE OH MY GOD.

Flap Jack452

Jan 5, 2009
My earliest internet experience was watching my dad "play" the game Underlight, which was really just him role playing with other people. I'll never forget the portal sound in that game.

The first time I remember being online was to go a website that was printed on the back of a Trix cereal box or something like that, the games all sucked.

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
Must have been.. 3 years ago? Something like that.

So yeah, I kinda came late to this party.

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
I was 5 when we got dial up.

I spent a lot of time playing Disney flash games. It was a ***** to load, though.

ShawnRiles

Jun 13, 2009
In 2001 we got our first computer and dial up. I can't remember when we got high-speed, but when we did. I probably did a pelvic thrust of great justice.

TriggerHappyAngel

Self-Important Angler Fish
Feb 17, 2010
we first got Internet when i was 12 (17 now), it was DSL and i used(wasted) it by playing Runescape all day long :p

NotAPie

Jan 19, 2009
I was 8 when we first got it, I was 10 when I finally got to use it.
I spent most of my time on yahoo chatrooms, I met my first girlfriend on there man!

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
I believe I was six at the time. Ah the memories, when I look back I caused us to get a lot of viruses. But I wasn't my fault, I was young and didn't even know what a virus was at the time. I spent most of my time playing flash games, I was really bored back in those days.