Internet Scavenger Hunt Now Live! Complete the Challenge. Win Prizes.

s0osleepie

May 20, 2010
Internet Scavenger Hunt Now Live! Complete the Challenge. Win Prizes.

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/AMDAPU]

Perfection is not an accident.

The new AMD A8 APU combines high performance processing cores, enabling breakthroughs in visual computing to satisfy even the most intense gaming requirements. Playing PC games with AMD technology will guarantee brilliant character augmentations and spectacular close-quarter takedowns. Your enemies won't know what hit them.

Thanks to AMD and Sapphire Technology, The Escapist community has a chance to win a plethora of AMD prizes and a copy of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. These prizes include a grand prize of Sapphire A8 APU + Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 GPU [http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=2&gid=1093&sgid=1095&pid=1255&psn=000101].

To enter for your chance to win, all you have to do is take part in our Internet Scavenger Hunt. Learn about AMD's APU technology and complete the quiz. Easy peasy. Prizes are open to residents of the following seven countries: United States of America, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Poland, and Romania!

To find out how participate in the event, enter the contest, and collect a new limited edition badge, head over to the contest page by clicking here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/AMDAPU].

Please note: If you run into any technical issues, you may submit a bug report here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contact/subject/tech].

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
You must be at least 18 years of age and a current resident of the United States of America, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Poland, or Romania to win any prize listed above.
What kind of arbitrary list of countries is that?!

Oh well, I guess I should be glad that someone in Europe will be able to enter... *grumbles*

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
YAY, finally a competition I can enter....and have.

If I win, I'd love to see what Shogun 2 will look like with a new graphics card. Either that or I look forward to seeing the amount of smoke that comes out of my pc when I install this thing.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Well, I got all the questions correct. That battery one was annoying. Too bad I can't win anything for it :(

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
Catchy Slogan said:
Why do I get the feeling that I just willingly watched an advertisement?
Because you have. This contest just made sure you paid attention to the same ad that's been playing all week before videos and stuff. Good marketing in my opinion.

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
trollnystan said:
You must be at least 18 years of age and a current resident of the United States of America, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Poland, or Romania to win any prize listed above.

Oh well, I guess I should be glad that someone in Europe will be able to enter... *grumbles*
Yeah I love how it gets more obscure Romania WTF?
What about Fictionesia?
In all serious I wish I could partake in this...

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
s0osleepie said:
Prizes are open to residents of the following seven countries: United States of America, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Poland, and Romania!
*sits in a corner of New Zealand and cries* I have really got to find a way to get to the USA somehow... where's a portal gun when I need it.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I would complain about Mexico not participating but who am I kidding there's no chance in hell for me to win that.

Jhoomaso

Mar 14, 2011
Is anyone else having issues with #5? It says "Explained in THIS VIDEO" and when I click it, it brings me to a bunch of different videos, so I dunno which one has the answer, Ive watched them all and put in all kinds of answers, i though I paid attention well, is it not bringing me to the right video or am I just not paying enough attention?

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
Sweet, I've been doing some digging on APUs to build computers for family and friends, this quiz saved me a ton of time by consolidating a lot of information into one area. Still gonna do some more digging, but I'm even more excited to see what these can do for low-mid range computers.

Andaxay

Thinking with Portals
Jun 4, 2008
Open to the UK?! SWEET, I'm entering based purely on that.

... Plus I wouldn't mind a free copy of Deus Ex.

... And the AMD stuff.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Glad we're finally seeing some competitions that aren't restricted to USA only.

Hope I win, i've been saving for some new parts for my PC for a while now and it's tough, seems like whenever you try and save money for something a dozen other things turn up that require your immediate revenue.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
trollnystan said:
I dunno, all of those countries are wealthy countries with big technology sectors, except for Poland, which I understand does have a big gaming industry, and Romania, which is... where... Dracula lives? Wait, no, that's Romenia.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Jhoomaso said:
Is anyone else having issues with #5? It says "Explained in THIS VIDEO" and when I click it, it brings me to a bunch of different videos, so I dunno which one has the answer, Ive watched them all and put in all kinds of answers, i though I paid attention well, is it not bringing me to the right video or am I just not paying enough attention?
Just google it. That's what I did.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Well, I guess it's good that it's not exclusive to the US anymore; slow progress is progress nonetheless. Still, I have yet to fathom how Australia keeps getting missed. Yes, Australia. You know. That other country continent.