Interstellar War and Xenocide Can Be Fun! (In Twilight Imperium)

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Interstellar War and Xenocide Can Be Fun! (In Twilight Imperium)

The Escapist staff react to the sudden and unexpected annihilation of a faction in their office Twilight Imperium game.

Read Full Article

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Man, you wipe out just one sentient species and suddenly the whole galaxy turns on you. Jerks.

Elijah Newton

Sep 17, 2008
I'm enjoying this - my friends and I played a PBEM Twilight Imperium some years ago, and this brings back all kinds of good memories. ( I was The Barony of Letnev, which I'd envisioned as Goths! In! Spaaaaace! )

Thanks for posting.

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Barda236 said:
I love this series. It reminds me of a series of articles on PCGamer about several games of Civilization 5. Any plans to continue this with games other than Twilight Imperium once you finish that one?
We'll definitely look into it! There's many optional rules in Imperium we haven't played around with either, so we may start up a new game afterwards with a different set as well.

Fleetfiend

Jun 1, 2011
I really loved this article, and the flavorful way it was presented! I adore Twilight Imperium, and enjoy seeing it get some love. Moar! The Naalu Collective shall rise!

Kahani

May 25, 2011
Ah, I see the classic tactic of "I have too many ships to actually fit on the board properly" is in full effect. Always remember Maxim 37 - "There is no overkill".