Invader Zim - Anyone a fan?

XX55XX

Mar 15, 2011
I remember watching this show way back when it started airing on Nick. I was 10 years old at the time. And my sister was nice enough to buy a DVD for me recently, so I got re-watch some of the episodes.

The cynicism, Zim's incompetence, the misanthropy... I wish Nick would bring it back for another two seasons, maybe.

Personally, it's my most favorite cartoon ever.

OutcastBOS

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2009
I feel in the minority...I never really liked this show. I don't know why, it just...didn't do it for me. Please don't burn me as a heretic internet! D:

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
What does the G stand for? :D

Yeah, i love Zim. Ive been a fan of it ever since the first episode. Even have the complete collection on DVD.

XX55XX

Mar 15, 2011
I can see why people wouldn't like it - each episode is nothing more than an allegory of humanity's stupidity and ignorance.

But that is why I love it.

dorkette1990

Mar 1, 2010
I'm only a rabid fangirl. Who has seen all the episodes. And heard the episode that was never drawn and has only half the audio recorded. And knows trivia about Jhonen Vasquez, Roman Dirge, and the composer (whose name I don't recall, but I still know about his methods and history).

That show made me want to be an animator.

Stein Inge

Jun 9, 2009
I love Zim!

i re-watch the entire thing every six months or so, and it´s just as good as I remember every time!

I still feel uncomfortable and afraid every time I see a moose.... (which is more often than you might think)

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
First off, welcome to the Escapist. (Get out while you can)

I remember Invader Zim. Found it pretty enjoyable. However, a lot of people have gotten very sour about the seires. Mainly because of certain ididotic fans, Gir's popularity getting a bit out of control, Hot Topic selling this shirt and that shirt, fanart, blah, blah,blah.

And frankly I don't care. I'm not gonna let other people ruin my opinion of a show I actually enjoy. I don't care what you think of the fanbase, the creator, I just enjoy the show.

Now that I've finished that, I'd like to say that I loved Professor Membrane!

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
I am a perfectly normal human worm-baby. Of course I like Invader Zim! :D

Hitokiri_Gensai

Jul 17, 2010
DOOM SONGGGGGGG!

*runs in circles singing* WHEEEE!

my girlfriend LOVESSSSSSSS Gir. Like... lovesss. most of her stuff has gir on it.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
XX55XX said:
I can see why people wouldn't like it - each episode is nothing more than an allegory of humanity's stupidity and ignorance.

It's pretty difficult to say that when the most respectable character is in fact human.

XX55XX

Mar 15, 2011
I really hate GIR with a passion though. Don't understand why people like him so much, but I guess people like idiotic characters because they are funny. Even when I was child watching the show, he was too overbearing and completely annoying for the sake of being annoying.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
OutcastBOS said:
I feel in the minority...I never really liked this show. I don't know why, it just...didn't do it for me. Please don't burn me as a heretic internet! D:
Have you the brain worms?! Yeah you probably don't get that if you don't watch the show :p

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
OutcastBOS said:
BURN THE NON-BELIEVER! SHALL YOUR FLESH BOIL FOR A THOUSAND ENTERNITIES AND-nah, I'm just messing with you. It's not like we're bronies or anything...

RedxDecember

Jun 25, 2008
Yes sir. The way they just presented everything, the originality of it all, the color pallete, it scared the hell out of me but I loved Invader Zim. They should bring that back, honestly.

XX55XX

Mar 15, 2011
zehydra said:
XX55XX said:

It's pretty difficult to say that when the most respectable character is in fact human.
I would hazard to say Zim represents the worst of humanity within the show. That, plus GIR, Gaz, and every single other character except for Dib.