Inversion Delayed By Over a Year

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Inversion Delayed By Over a Year

Namco Bandai's gravity-based shooter won't be coming out until February of next year, as opposed to its original 2010 release date.

Way back in 2009, Namco Bandai announced a new third-person shooter called Inversion. The game certainly sounded interesting, since it featured a gravity manipulation feature, and it was originally scheduled for a late 2010 release. That deadline was obviously missed, and Namco Bandai's announced a much later release date.

Inversion is now scheduled to launch on February 7, 2012. The game is being developed by Saber Interactive (the studio behind TimeShift), and is currently planned for both the 360 and PS3 consoles. According to Joystiq, the game "allows you to create isolated zero-gravity fields, forcing objects caught inside to defy nature's laws and provide some cover against enemy fire."

This is a pretty major release date change. The fact that it's been pushed back by over a year demonstrates that the game still needs a lot of work, but Namco Bandai clearly still believes in Inversion enough to put it out. Hopefully the extra development time is worth it.

Source: Joystiq

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Is that because of the Halo thing?

Please, tell me that's not because of the Halo thing.

I absolutely loved the demo of Inversion they've shown at a gaming convention in Moscow.

Sad news are sad.

Daemascus

WAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!!
Mar 6, 2010
I had totaly forgoten about this. If they pull it off right this could be as fun as portal. With guns.

Jul 22, 2009
So close to the Halo rumour... maybe they're related...

Still, I hope this is to improve Inversion in every possible way they can think of :3 I've liked the look of it so far.

Scabadus

Wrote Some Words
Jul 16, 2009
That's a very precise release date for a game that's been deleyed so much and is still far away from comming out. Wierd.

Makes me think the game got a large new budget after it was announced and interest was seen to be high.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
When a game gets delayed by a couple of months, usually you get the feeling that they just want time to fine tune it and make sure it's not rushed out. But when it's delayed by over a year, that kind of points towards bigger problems, usually it not a good sign :-S

Gahars

Feb 4, 2008
Good

I've been interested in this game, but I've heard almost no hype/details about this.

Gives them a chance to spruce it up and build excitement so it sells well (unlike Timeshift - may not have been perfect, but was definitely under appreciated).

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
JourneyThroughHell said:

I absolutely loved the demo of Inversion they've shown at a gaming convention in Moscow.

Sad news are sad.
what halo thing?

=O

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
teh_Canape said:
JourneyThroughHell said:

Sad news are sad.
what halo thing?

=O
Saber Interactive is rumoured to be involved in the development of the Halo: Combat Evolved HD-remake which is scheduled to come out in the fall of 2011.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
JourneyThroughHell said:
Saber Interactive is rumoured to be involved in the development of the Halo: Combat Evolved HD-remake which is scheduled to come out in the fall of 2011.
ah

well, the halo remake isn't coming out for PC, so...

yeah, I call Bullshit

thanks for the info, bro

OT: I swear that when I read the title of this for the first time I thought it was about some sort of sequel to WallStreet Kid

"Shawwäl hessek"? man these captcha are just fucking with me now

Spoon E11

Oct 27, 2010
I hate to see any developer of any game delay games*. I haven't even heard of this game and it still saddens me.

* except valve; I am kinda used to them pulling the big delay again and again.

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
but.. what? Ehff..... urrrgggh.

Well, if it needs that much time to perfect the game, it'd damn well be worth the extra year of work.
If this is like, an under-8/10 game when it's released, I'll be pissed.
I've been waiting for this since the beginning of last year.

Quesa

Jul 8, 2009
Whew, I got the titles mixed up and thought this was Subversion at first; I guess that delayed announcement is still delayed.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Guess whats appearing in the Vaporware awards next year?

Littaly said:
When a game gets delayed by a couple of months, usually you get the feeling that they just want time to fine tune it and make sure it's not rushed out. But when it's delayed by over a year, that kind of points towards bigger problems, usually it not a good sign :-S
If its a year delay then that means the gravity warping mechanic probably isnt working correctly. Then theres that rumor concerning the Halo:CE remake.

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
i figure if japan can fuck up mind control shooters that let you instantly take control of anyone on the battlefield then they can fuck up anything

ill be suspicious until i see some reviews (from publications not based in japan)

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
I haven't heard of this game before... You a 3ps with gravity manipulation. I'm seeing Gears of War with anti-griv things. Like, you're being rushed so you chuck out a grenade that sends the dude flying straight up into the air... or a spiked ceiling... you're choice.

I like that idea. Am I way off?

The Real Sandman

Oct 12, 2009
Sounds interesting. But if the game is just gonna be a collage of the gravity fucking moments of PREY, Crysis, Dead Space etc. stretched out over 6 to 10 hours, I can see it getting old after a while.

I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. These are the guys who made TimeShift after all.

Fingers crossed that that won't happen. I just hope they integrate it for multiple aspects to the game. But on the other hand, I can think of tons of games that have me take cover behind a box, a wall, or some miscellaneous object. But not many games come to mind when I try to think of one that has me taking cover behind a box, a wall, or some miscellaneous object ON THE CEILING!

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
God I must be really tired or something since I obviously misread that. They are delaying a game to fix it? They aren't going to release it broken and patch it? This delay isn't because of some company's political hooplah? Naw it has got to be a mistake. Shit like that doesn't happen anymore.

Does sound interesting even if I am not a fan of most Namco Bandai games or Timeshift. I will buy it on principle alone.