iPod Explodes, Melts Kid's Underwear

Goldbling

Nov 21, 2008
mike1921 said:
And to that, the kid's probably not going to trust technology again, or at least, not easily. And in this modern world, thats a big handy cap.
Than this kid is an idiot. I'm 13 and would never stop trusting technolagy because one appliance blew up. Don't say "you wouldn't be this logical if it happened to you" I had cancer and still think it's retarded to avoid everything someone says may cause cancer and am pretty sure I wouldn't avoid whatever caused my cancer if I knew what it was.

Either this kid is so sensitive I don't think he should be sueing for mental trauma period (it's like a mentally unstable person sueing you because your dog gave him suicidal thoughts and than the dog bit him. Sure he could sue for the dog biting him but having you accomadate for this person's mental unstability is ridiculous) or he's not traumatized.

I'm fine with everything but the claims of mental trauma and sueing the wrong people. they should be sueing apple not that one store.
^this...+ more

did you know air causes cancer?, its true

just because an iPod blows up with or without it being random, you just have to let that go. The kid is going to have to understand there was somthing wrong with wearing tight ass jeans that cut the cerculation off in your legs

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
How old is this kid? If he has an iPhone, I'm guessing older than 16. I know if my phone exploded in my pocket, and I was around that age, I'd be fucking pissed, but I wouldn't be flinching at the sight of a touch-screen phone. Maybe if he was 15 or under. Maybe. But then, what parent would get a kid that young a phone like that anyway?
No, no one older than 13 would be flinching at the sight of a touch-screen phone. Also I know plenty of people under 16 with that phone.

A parent with a fair amount of disposable income and a kid who really wanted it?
Goldbling said:
did you know air causes cancer?, its true
I'm curious, are you saying that because you read it somewhere that seriously meant it or are you making fun of.......pretty much everything causing cancer?

letsnoobtehpwns

Dec 28, 2008
Severe emotional trauma. Wow... what a little pansy... and I just went to challenge day at my school yesterday (a program that says it's ok to be open and emotional) and I think he needs to suck it up and stop being such a *****!

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
10 bucks says the kid didn't read the safety manual telling you not to put any electronic devices out in the sun for extended periods of time. Another 10 bucks says he probably pulled it out of his wet pockets in the rain to get it excessively wet in the past.

Haliwali

Jan 29, 2008
Should she sue? Yes, I believe she is within her rights. However, I believe she may be overplaying this a [/i]wee bit.

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Some of you guys are taking this more seriously than I thought you would. You're all fine upstanding citizens!

letsnoobtehpwns

Dec 28, 2008
iPods don't just "explode". He probably set the damn thing on fire and stuck it in his croch while he was wasted.

Ezzay

Feb 28, 2009
I laughed, if only for the complete randomness of the event.

An IPOD Exploding, god he must have been listening to some horrible music...

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
First Sony with exploding laptops and now Apple with Ipods? Fuck suicide bombers, we're going to get killed by computers.

Ezzay said:
I laughed, if only for the complete randomness of the event.

An IPOD Exploding, god he must have been listening to some horrible music...
"We are the Cheeky Girls..."

keyper159

Dec 13, 2008
The original reason for suing should have been simply because of the malfunctioning I pod, and there should definitely not be a lawsuit over the lack of a warning about "exploding I pods. Its like the people who sued Burger King for coffee burning their mouths, or like McDonald's apple pies. It just makes no sense.

Fineldar

Jun 8, 2008
He should get a prosthetic testicle. Even if he doesn't need one, it would be an awesome party
trick. He can tell everyone how he can slam on his nuts, whip it out, and punch it real hard. Of course he has to be sober enough to not take out the real one.

Marble Dragon

Mar 11, 2009
This doesn't make a bit of sense. First of all, how was Apple supposed to know that the thing would explode? I agree that the kid couldn't have been being very careful with it, that's for sure. If your cat scratches you because you pull its tail, you don't sue the pet store. Second of all, why is she blaming the store? They didn't make the product, they didn't test it, and they're probably trying hard to stay afloat. This world is a mystery that I don't think I'll ever solve...

Fronken

May 10, 2008
I dont really see what's so funny about this, the mom is doing the right thing suing Apple for it, i mean a company shouldnt be able to even sell products that can explode and set fire to things if they are in a compressed space, for example a pocket, these things are supposed to be able to be put into pockets without there being any risk of things like this to happen.

Citrus Insanity said:
...but at least this lawsuit is justified. It's a nice break from the related stupid and ridiculous suits that occur every other day.
Yes, some of the lawsuits are just ridicilous, this one though it fully justified.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Keane Ng said:
And what of the friend who had to take his pants off? There's gotta be some psychological fallout there - that friendship's never going to be the same.
Waaaaaait wait wait wait wait....What?

Okay theres laying it on thick and theres LAYING IT ON THICK. Glad to know this is a soccar-mom we're dealing with here. Because that statement was just grossly unessissary and untrue.

If anything, I'd imagine having an ipod or anything explode for that matter would be 'cool' to stupid little boys of that age. And if the boy is of 'that age' (7-12) why the hell does he have an ipod touch to begin with? Tch. I wish cases like this could be dismissed for 'idiotic parenting' clauses.

Suit is justified however since I'm gonna guess kid had some other manner of melted candy substance in his pocket as most other boys do at that age. I'm gonna recklessly call out a 'bogus' in this case. ipod touches were really boring and dumb to make anyway, I can see the dangers of overheating one because of the substance used to create the 'touch' quality. So Apple are entirely at fault for that... but good greif...

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
And if the boy is of 'that age' (7-12) why the hell does he have an ipod touch to begin with? Tch. I wish cases like this could be dismissed for 'idiotic parenting' clauses.
The idiotic parenting only made it so it would've exploded in an older person's pocket. Also, what's so wrong with giving ipod touch to younger people?