iPod Explodes, Melts Kid's Underwear

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
Voltano said:
sooperman said:
Keane Ng said:
iPod Touch owners, be sure you've got a fire extinguisher handy at all times when you've got your hardware in your pocket. You never know when it might explode.
Yes I do. Never. I own an iPod Touch, and I am more than confident that it will not explode at random in my pocket. This kid was doing something weird with it; mabybe it was an app, maybe he got it hot, maybe he did something to the hardrive.
Did you know that if you leave a PSP in the sun for too long, it will explode like a hand grenade? Same thing happened here. This kid found the thing that will make an iPod Touch explode. By accident, I'm sure, but he did.

I just know.
Myth busters did an episode where jaw breakers left in the sun can lethally explode their contents to possibly mimic napalm. We tend to forget that while the product was made by some company, the product ends up in the hands of some consumer that is probably going to do something it wasn't designed for, which could lead to hazardous results.
Umm so you agree or not? ^_^

Dec 18, 2008
Goldbling said:
Mayotard94 said:
hey you have to realize that the iPod touch and all iPod models are only DESIGNED in California and are created in CHINA. Don't call me a racist cause I'm asian too and I just find this ridiculous...or maybe i'm in denial...because I've had my iPod touch for awhile.
No one accused you o being racist, your just projecting so badly you could tilt your head and show off power point presentations. And i'm pretty sure all of have seen the DESIGNED IN CALIF.
MADE IN CHINA tag when you open your iPod
projecting so badly, I could show off power point presentations...hmm, that's a new one. kudos to you for thinking of a creative insult. And yes I am aware no one was accusing me of being racist but I had to point it out before some "ilovetheworld" person came along and commented on that. Good that everyone notices those stupid labels since they seem to be everywhere (especially the designed in California thing). Nevertheless it sees I strayed from the topic which is the exploding iPod. It's possible that the kid used a charging method that wasn't approved by Apple. Because if you think about it, there are a lot of similar charging kits that closely resemble apple ones. It's possible that the mother purchased one of these with the Ipod and her son charged his iPod through it. When he brought it around with him it's possible that the heat from his body (the spandex underwear could've been a contributing factor) plus the poorly (possibly overcharged) iPod could have caused it to explode. I know some of this makes absolutely no sense but I was typing what could've been possible. Care to disagree?

Goldbling

Nov 21, 2008
Mayotard94 said:
Goldbling said:
Mayotard94 said:
hey you have to realize that the iPod touch and all iPod models are only DESIGNED in California and are created in CHINA. Don't call me a racist cause I'm asian too and I just find this ridiculous...or maybe i'm in denial...because I've had my iPod touch for awhile.
No one accused you o being racist, your just projecting so badly you could tilt your head and show off power point presentations. And i'm pretty sure all of have seen the DESIGNED IN CALIF.
MADE IN CHINA tag when you open your iPod
projecting so badly, I could show off power point presentations...hmm, that's a new one. kudos to you for thinking of a creative insult. And yes I am aware no one was accusing me of being racist but I had to point it out before some "ilovetheworld" person came along and commented on that. Good that everyone notices those stupid labels since they seem to be everywhere (especially the designed in California thing). Nevertheless it sees I strayed from the topic which is the exploding iPod. It's possible that the kid used a charging method that wasn't approved by Apple. Because if you think about it, there are a lot of similar charging kits that closely resemble apple ones. It's possible that the mother purchased one of these with the Ipod and her son charged his iPod through it. When he brought it around with him it's possible that the heat from his body (the spandex underwear could've been a contributing factor) plus the poorly (possibly overcharged) iPod could have caused it to explode. I know some of this makes absolutely no sense but I was typing what could've been possible. Care to disagree?
I don't, in fact the fact thats it was spandex may be the whole thing, lots of static, and like I said tight ass emo jeans might have contributed

Voltano

Dec 11, 2008
sooperman said:
Voltano said:
sooperman said:
Keane Ng said:
iPod Touch owners, be sure you've got a fire extinguisher handy at all times when you've got your hardware in your pocket. You never know when it might explode.
Yes I do. Never. I own an iPod Touch, and I am more than confident that it will not explode at random in my pocket. This kid was doing something weird with it; mabybe it was an app, maybe he got it hot, maybe he did something to the hardrive.
Did you know that if you leave a PSP in the sun for too long, it will explode like a hand grenade? Same thing happened here. This kid found the thing that will make an iPod Touch explode. By accident, I'm sure, but he did.

I just know.
Myth busters did an episode where jaw breakers left in the sun can lethally explode their contents to possibly mimic napalm. We tend to forget that while the product was made by some company, the product ends up in the hands of some consumer that is probably going to do something it wasn't designed for, which could lead to hazardous results.
Umm so you agree or not? ^_^
Yeah. I mean, I have a HP notebook here that had two problems over the past month with a hard drive dying in it and every time it resets or turns on it would emit three beep tones to indicate something is either wrong with the system board or graphics card. I've had the notebook for two years now and probably did something it wasn't meant to do in order to cause those problems. Thankfully its still in Warranty and HP has a pretty good service on that part.

Of course my situation is nothing compared to this, but it still has a feel of kid doing something the ipod touch is not meant to do and not wanting to take responsibility of his actions.

I III II X4

Nov 14, 2008
Brotherofwill said:
Again my theory of kids being pussies nowadays continues, back in the day that would have made for an awesome playground story.
Dude, I know...hell, I'd be blabing to whoever would listen to me.

"Yeah, and I was just standing there when all of a sudden it exploded!!"

Still, burns suck, and he probably won't be able to go near any electronic hand-held device without some form of apprehension.

Anyway, did I laugh when I read this article? You know it.

sooperman

Feb 11, 2009
One of my friends has a notebook, and every few months or so she has to get it swept and cleared out, because it keeps dying. I think theres something wrong with the battery, but I dunno =/

I mean, I am pretty sure that an iPod is not pack with any explosive or hazardous materials. Could have been anything, but I don't even think it exploded, I think it combusted and caught fire.

Arbre

Jan 13, 2007
LethalBargi said:
Lmao, things happen its life emotional problems my ass, imagine a kids in Iraq how they feel, or kids whose parent are in the US military how they feel when they found out their parent died.
We care from the day they can buy Apple or Microsoft stuff. Otherwise, who gives?

sooperman

Feb 11, 2009
Arbre, what does that even mean? I don't think that is remotely English.