iPods, iPhones Banned From Gates Household

Psypherus

Feb 11, 2009
There are better smartphones than the iphone and I think the Zune is better so I wouldn't mind being his kid if it meant having to sacrifice bing able to have an Apple product

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
Why would you want an ipod anyway? There are superior products on the market...

ScarfaceNY

Nov 12, 2008
CUnk said:
Bill Gates is a brute. Someone needs to call social services and get those kids out of that environment.
Dude are you Stupid or just mentally retarded its an ipod not a big deal no need for Social Services for an Ipod dude id trade and ipod to live in there shoes anyday

MalloClam

Forum Mollusca
Mar 1, 2009
Geez, I'm sure glad I'm not the son of one of the richest men in the entire world. Growing up Gates must suck something hard.

Rooster Cogburn

May 24, 2008
I think this is just Bill being a discerning consumer. There are much better alternatives to both the Ipod and the Iphone. I sure wish I had bought them...

Bored Tomatoe

Aug 15, 2008
I hate Ipods, and love my zune to death, but restricting your kids just based on brand seems a little silly.

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
I know it's been said a plethora of ways already, but I'd just like to add to the sarcasm pile we've created.

"Oh no! Our lives just won't be complete without an iPod! We'll be the laughing stock of our school simply because our daddy, the richest man on Earth, refused to buy us a product made by his arch-rival! I guess I'll just have to get him to buy me a small African nation, bulldoze the entire thing, and make an exact replica of it out of jellybeans and unicorn tears, just so I'll feel better about myself."

Boo-friggidy-hoo.

luckshot

Jul 18, 2008
i don't have an ipod or iphone either, in fact the only i that i do have is the personal pronoun. partly because i don't see the need to constantly have music playing (i prefer being able to hear a conversation) and partly because the iphone is stupid

hippo24

Apr 29, 2008
Ohh god the children of one of the richest men in the world cant have ipods...gasp
I guess they have it rough with all that money that could easily be used to buy equal or better products...

RedDiablo

Nov 8, 2008
That's a bit too strict. I mean, we know you are the CEO of Microsoft, but you can't hate Steve Jobs that much. Lighten up and don't give in to bias.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
NoMoreSanity said:
Geez Bill, don't be such an ass, give your kids what they want instead of your own crap, its a proven fact by most that iPod is better than Zune.,
I'm pretty sure it's a matter of opinion. I started out loving my Ipod... but now it is an object of hatred due to small annoyances piling up. And for the love of God Jobs, give us replaceable batteries! Is it that hard to do?

But I think that the man's entitled to do what he wants. They're his kids: he makes the rules.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I (think) lost my iPod a while ago. I think most Apple products are overrated, especially the iPhone. That said, I really want one, it'd be much better than my T-Mobile crap of a phone.

Anyway, boo freakin' woo, so what? Is this really shocking? A competitor not buying another competitors product? Though I do find it funny in a morbidly happy way.