iPods, iPhones Banned From Gates Household

kaziard

Oct 28, 2008
the mans a monster!!! OH THE CALAMITY!!! WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!.....sarcasm overdone?

MosDes

Jul 16, 2008
He bans them cause he knows they are better than his product, and the Creative Zen is better than both iPod and Zune (much longer battery life and durability).

Honestly, I believe this shows a sign of weakness, for the very reason listed above. If he offered his Zune to the kids along with some cool attachments or something, why would his kids insist on getting the iStuff?

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
Honestly, I think he's perfectly just in this. So what if he doesn't want his kids to have something by his arch-rival in the market place? Woo, Steve Jobs doesn't make an extra $1200.

Although, I love threads like this 'cause everyone goes "Omg, who cares? Apple suck anyway." If it was Steve Jobs who didn't let his kids use Windows or an Xbox, you'd all go "Omg, who cares? Microsoft suck anyway."

lizards

Jan 20, 2009
who cares i dont have one and dont want one just get an mp3 or a cell phone and hell i dont have either im happy with my microsoft computer and 360

lizards

Jan 20, 2009
Radelaide said:
Honestly, I think he's perfectly just in this. So what if he doesn't want his kids to have something by his arch-rival in the market place? Woo, Steve Jobs doesn't make an extra $1200.

Although, I love threads like this 'cause everyone goes "Omg, who cares? Apple suck anyway." If it was Steve Jobs who didn't let his kids use Windows or an Xbox, you'd all go "Omg, who cares? Microsoft suck anyway."
no i would call apples founder (?) a basturd (sarcasm)

i wouldnt care then either but i wouldnt add the "(compay here) sucks anyway"

Dramatic Flare

Frightening Frolicker
Jun 18, 2008
Actually, considering Bill is Pres of Microsoft his kids all have blackberries with music playing apps installed.
Or zunes.
Or iRivers, which are better than iPods anyway.

Varchld

is drunk and disorderly.
Nov 8, 2008
The ceo of a company not letting their family use the competitions products is obvious if you stop to think.
It's not uncommon for a high profile person to be seen using a compeditor's products and the media take it and run with it and it causes way too much bad publicity for them.

Phyroxis

Witty Title Here
Apr 18, 2008
"Hey Bill, wanna come over here and help me program my Zune? OH WAIT, you cant. I have an iPod just like everyone else"

CUnk

Oct 24, 2008
ScarfaceNY said:
CUnk said:
Bill Gates is a brute. Someone needs to call social services and get those kids out of that environment.
Dude are you Stupid or just mentally retarded its an ipod not a big deal no need for Social Services for an Ipod dude id trade and ipod to live in there shoes anyday
I hope your conscience lets you sleep at night after Bill Gates has bashed his kids' heads in with their contraband mac books. He's a monster who must be stopped.

robinkom

Jan 8, 2009
I already commented on this but I just thought of a silly scenario of Gates disciplining his kids when they misbehave.

Bill: "You got a D in Computer Sciences!? That's it, you go to your PC right now and type 'format C:' !"

Kid: "But, father..."

Bill: "No buts! Or you'll be listening to your Zune music from a Windows 3.1 machine!"

Kid: "But 3.1 doesn't support Zune..."

**chucks a 3.5" floppy at child a la old-school mothers who used to throw shoes**

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
I feel their pain. As the children of Bill Gates (!!^*&*(^*%!) not having an iPod is not going to make any difference whatsoever, you're ultra rich, you can get an iRiver!

Joeshie

Oct 9, 2007
NoMoreSanity said:
Geez Bill, don't be such an ass, give your kids what they want instead of your own crap, its a proven fact by most that iPod is better than Zune.,
I don't think so Tim. As someone who has had an iPod and now owns a Zune, the Zune is miles and away better than the iPod.

thatstheguy

Dec 27, 2008
Keane Ng said:
Can you imagine having to go to school and seeing everyone with an iPod, and you can't have one just because your dad is Bill Gates and he forces you to bring your Zune to school everyday?
Is that supposed to be a joke? I don't have an MP-whatever player because I honestly don't care enough. Besides, whatever disposable income I can scrape up goes to gaming.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Ohh no I have billions of dollars but no Ipod, better go kill myslef

Every 1 knows chicks dig Ipods, not solid gold porches

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
dogstile said:
oh, no! the rich kids have to follow rules! ***** ***** whine whine

seriously, these kids are gonna have it made in later life, why the hell is this considered an issue, i know plenty of people who are banned from having a phone of any sort, or an mp3/4, at least they get something out of it
Lol, I was reading this thinking, these kids can have almost anything money can buy, who the hell cares about an iPod. For the money Bill Gates has, he could buy his kids the real bands and have them follow his kids playing live tracks.

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
I would think Gates would want his kids to own a 360 if they can't have an iPhone, but would be okay for anything they want for handhelds (if you don't count the iPod and iPhone as handhelds).

I like the Zune actually, it has radio, and it doesn't have to go through iTunes when you put stuff on it. It doesn't have apps, but I'd honestly be quite happy with a Zune (I have a 1st generation iPod video).

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
That's pretty unfair. If they want an iPod instead of a Zune then why not let them? It's not exactly screaming out loss in trade, in fact, Bill Gates showing that he's OK with his kids owning the competition's products sends a clear message that he doesn't care because it's clear Microsoft's products are superior enough that such ownership doesn't matter. It would show he's comfortable with the competition, whereas this simply screams out that he's afraid of a little competition. In a competitive market, the whole point of capitalism, which raised him to his pedestal in the first place...