Iranian Scientist Claims Mastery of Time Travel - UPDATED

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
Does this mean that when foreign powers are forced to overthrow the Iranian government their last resort will be going back in time and vaporizing Barack Obama?

Although if the rest of his calculations are as accurate as his views on the Chinese and copyright infringement then I fully expect the fabric of space and time to unravel like a bootleg designer jumper.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
So Doctor number 12 will be Iranian?

In other news, I just invented a perpetual motion machine AND the frictionless bearing. I'd start making prototypes but you know what those wacky Chinese are like. In the mean time I'm testing my cure for death before moving on the the new model of the bullshit detector. For whatever reason it exploded when I read this article.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Finally I get an excuse to post this video:
So basically he claims to have perfected it, yet has not even built a prototype. Seriously this is cartoonish like crazy, and it took him 10 years to come up with it and he's worried the Chinese will suddenly find ways to make millions of them? I can't stop laughing. XD

Buccura

Aug 13, 2009
Okay Iran, you're starting to reach a North Korean level of silliness. How are we supposed to take evil dictatorships seriously with stuff like this?

-Ezio-

Eats Nuts, Kicks Butts.
Nov 17, 2009
so. he's created that machine from the movie paycheck? I'm sure that'll end well.

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
Sounds like a combination of hate combined with zealous over statement. Also, his device sounds like it reads an individuals future, so even if it hypothetically existed and worked, they'd need a living person, ideally the one closest related to a scenario, to make the device work in the way he is describing...

Yeah I think this sounds a little too far out there.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Iran is no better than North Korea when it comes to their claims. They also revealed this recently: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2274025/Dominant-313-Critics-shoot-Irans-homemade-stealth-fighter-detected-radar.html

Yeah, they expect us to take it seriously.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Getting details from the future =/= time travel.

If your going to make things up, try to make it slightly believable by making sure it is actually labelled right.

Quantum Glass

Mar 19, 2013
Props to the guy if the machine does something like hand you a note saying, "You decompose," and then blows your head off with a shotgun.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
It sounds basically like the guy claims to have manufactured a Magic 8 Ball and we're all supposed to be impressed.

Leaving aside all of the other common sense arguements here, if this machine is supposed to predict things accuratly 5-8 years in the future, how did he actually test this, unless he claims to have used it 5-8 years ago and had the device since then. In which case there are questions about how big the sample audience was, what was predicted, and the accuracy, etc... none of which is information he's providing, just that we're supposed to take his word for it.

It also raises questions about possible futures, and of course whether he's saying you can alter anything you see based on this device.

For the most part I'd imagine the only real "use" for this would be to copyright it so nobody else can examine it, claim you have all kinds of evidence that it works, and then charge people huge amounts of money to have their future told without much in the way of repercussions since it will take 5-8 years for any of that to come to pass.

I believe the scientologists did something similar with their machines, they claimed they can solve all of these problems, but are copyrighted so nobody out of scientology can really examine them or tell much about them, attempts to pry into it meet with lawsuits like most attempts to examine their documents, texts, and equipment. Thus while the goverment can say there is no confirmed medical or scientific value from their devices, the scientologists can claim there is internally, hiding behind how nobody except for them know how they work or are properly used.

My big question here is why this was newsworthy, other than a few laughs.

That said I do think he's right on the money about the copyright problems at least, not that I expect his device would be worth stealing anyway.

Who knows though, maybe the world is about to change radically, I'm not holding my breath though.

Triaed

Not Gone Gonzo
Jan 16, 2009
I have a time machine too. Mine allows you to travel to the future at the speed of 1 second at a time!
I can get 3 days in the future in about 250K seconds

conmag9

Aug 4, 2008
'Scientist': "I can't show you the prototype, but I CAN show you the result of its predictions! It predicts that I will be mocked relentlessly for this!"

Everyone Else: OMG, he was right! The machine really exists!

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
DVS BSTrD said:
And here I thought the Iranian sense of humor was as dead as their homosexuals
Reached for the low-hanging fruit there DVS.

OT: I expect this will go down as well as their stealth fighter. Also, how can you claim success at this stage when you'd need five years to find out. The thing isn't even built yet.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Adam Jensen said:
Iran is no better than North Korea when it comes to their claims. They also revealed this recently: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2274025/Dominant-313-Critics-shoot-Irans-homemade-stealth-fighter-detected-radar.html

Yeah, they expect us to take it seriously.
That picture was a fake, as for an actual fighter with stealth aspects? Do not be so quick to dismiss the idea, the Pakistani Airforce have such a prototype no reason to believe the Iranians couldn't do it either.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
VanQ said:
"The reason that we are not launching our prototype at this stage is that the Chinese will steal the idea and produce it in millions overnight," he said.
Holy shit, I am both endlessly amused by this statement and endlessly horrified by the very concept of such a device in the hands of the Chinese Government. I do NOT want to have to live in that world. I can see 5 years into the future if that were to ever happen because I know for damned sure I'd be at the forefront of the rebel movement.
Funny story actually... but the Chinese actually outlawed time travel for everyone, a while back, stating it was disrespectful to their ancestors... I wonder if they'll keep to that logic...<.<