Irish: are any of you it?

Marmal4de

Apr 4, 2010
My dad is a big mish mosh of mostly English and Irish ancestry that is evident in our family name. I don't identify as part of the Irish nation but some people here in Israel find it cool that I have a bit of unusual ancestrey (in Israel that generally means not from Eastern Europe or the Middle East) in me.

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
ZydrateDealer said:
Al-Bundy-da-G said:
I'm drunk so technically im both Irish and russian.

OT:I'm about quarter scottish so pretty close like stepping over a line close. but the rest is quarter jap quarter pole and a mix of belgian and indios
Actually, technically you're a racist.

OT: Dwi'n Cymraeg. So not one of you crazy fun loving Gaels. (Gaels are the Scots, Irish and Manx so yeah you're close enough to them to annoy them with your heritage have fun. ;) )
technically the drunk thing is a joke, i put jap because im typing this with a ps3 remote and it takes forever to spell anything, and indios is the name columbus called native americans which in spanish means " in god. So racist no, poor attempt at a joke yes.

p.s. i really a little lit that wasnt part of the joke sorry for the confusion.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Not native Irish, my mother's side are all Irish and my father's side has a little. My grandma was an Irish immigrant. I could probably get an Irish Citizenship. My parents made sure they spelt Aengus in the most Irish way.
So yeah, I'd consider myself Irish. I consider myself an Englishman first and foremost, though. Even though my bloodline is barely English at all.

My dad's side is fucking everything. They have Welsh, Scottish, Irish, English, French, American, Spanish, basically everything west of Germany.

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
I'm Irish. Both of my parents are Irish, I was born in Ireland, I have lived in Ireland my whole life. Is that enough Irish for you?

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I know I'm part-Irish on my mother's side, but that's it. Dunno much about my dad's side for... complicated reasons.

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
Live in England, born in England, English parents, English grandparents.

I have been to New York once. I can be Irish plz? Kthxbye.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
You really could have just said "Are any of you Irish"

OT: I'm part of pretty much everything. Irish, Scottish, German, Polish, Italian, Spanish/

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
As some people have said, its pretty annoying to hear people living here in America say that they are Irish (especially on St. Patrick's day). I mean come on, my ancestry is Sami (Laplander) and Irish but I've never been to those places much less lived there for an extended period of time, so I don't consider myself Finnish/Sami or Irish, I consider myself American.

So no, not by nationality (which I think is what the OP is asking), but as far as ancestry is concerned, yes, I'm about half Irish.

Watchmacallit

Jan 7, 2010
Father's side is Irish. Born in Aus though and my mum's side is Croatian.

From what I've been told my father was an atheist...Which I assumed was odd for an Irish man.

IcyEvils

Sep 9, 2009
Born and have lived all my life in Tyrone, so... I guess I'm Irish, but I have no problem saying I'm British either (catholic family, silly ignorant friends, UK passport).

When on holidays, if it's customs or official business, I'm from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

With girls? I'm a toe tapping Irish leprechaun ;)

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Verlander said:
Wow, I still can't get my head around how that question was put.

OT: No, and nor are most people who claim to be. Unless you, or your parent was BORN in Ireland, AND grew up there, then you are not Irish, regardless of whom you ancestor may have been.
I don't know about that to be honest.A friend of mine was born and raised in France and to the best of my knowledge he doesn't have a drop of Irish blood in him.He's been living here for years though and now holds Irish citizenship.He considers himself to be Irish now not French.Does the fact that he wasn't born here make him not Irish?

OT: 100% Irish myself.Born and raised in Cork

effilctar

Jul 24, 2009
similar.squirrel said:
Verlander said:
quote]
..it could be said that you're only Irish if you're born and raised there.
I wasn't born here, nor do I have a citizenship [I'm saving money for one at the moment]. But I grew up in Ireland, and I would consider myself to be Irish due to that.
The legal stance is that you're Irish if you're born in the Republic of Ireland or have a parent who's an Irish citizen at the time of your birth.

Get_A_Grip_

May 9, 2010
Yeah. I'm Irish. Irish parents and spent my whole life in Co. Louth. Which makes me more Irish than 90% of this thread it seems.

i don't plan on leaving the Island for another half decade at least.