Iron Maiden RPG in the Works for iOS and Android

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Iron Maiden RPG in the Works for iOS and Android

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1257/1257058.jpg

Complete with time travel.

In an announcement today [http://www.roadhouseinteractive.com/iron-maiden-roadhouse-interactive-and-50cc-games-announce-mobile-rpg-legacy-of-the-beast/], Roadhouse Interactive, 50cc Games and Iron Maiden revealed that free-to-play RPG Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast is expected to release worldwide this summer for iOS and Android devices.

According to the announcement, Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast will focus on the band's mascot, Eddie, as he appears in many forms, each accompanied by unique abilities. There will also be time travel, punctuated by an "expansive catalogue" of Iron Maiden albums and art - including unheard live recordings.

"As a lifelong fan, I have always thought that Maiden's music, lyrics, and cast of characters would provide the perfect basis for a deep RPG experience," says James Hursthouse, CEO of Roadhouse Interactive. "With this game we're creating an outstanding RPG that will appeal to all mobile gamers, including those discovering Maiden for the first time."

"We know many of our fans are gamers and we have long thought that Eddie and Maiden's music and imagery would be perfect for this. It's something we have been looking at revisiting since Ed Hunter way back in 1999," said bassist and founding member Steve Harris. "Now in 2016 it can all be done on a smartphone so it makes it even more accessible for Maiden fans everywhere and also all the gamers out there."

"This is the first time we'll see Iron Maiden's lyrical lore and the rich mythology of the record covers brought together in a cohesive universe, exploring Eddie's immortality and inviting players to control his destiny," added Phantom Music creative director Llexi Leon. "The band's signature theatrics and musical drama set the tone for a unique adventure that's perfect for video games."

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/IronMaiden/status/689054894548910082]

Aside from that, not much else is known of the game. You can sign up for updates on the official website here [http://ironmaidenlegacy.com/].

Nov 28, 2007
On the one hand, mobile RPG is always something that makes me worried, and adding free-to-play makes that worry worse. On the other hand...IT'S IRON FUCKING MAIDEN!

Yeah, I'm split on this news.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Nothing wrong with Iron Maiden, although i haven't listened to them in a long while as their style seemed to stagnate a little quickly for me personally. But their setting/world isn't exactly the most unique by today's standards. This feels a little like a one-note, more gimicky Brutal Legend, with less variety or heart. Now an RPG based in Abney Park's fantasy world...that would be raising an eyebrow. Could even capture various steampunk bands for your own cruel amusements as you sail the aether! Airship pirate RPG is a genre hole that desperately needs filling. Skies of Arcadia is too kid anime styley, need something darker...steampunkier...errm, steamierpunk? Also jazzier. Definitely jazzier.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
2xDouble said:
Don't we already have Brutal Legend?
We do. When I read the title "Legacy of the Beast" my first thought was that it was going to be related to that game. Apparently, it's not. *shrug* Live and see - worst case - we never speak of this game any more and we keep on having Brutal Legend.

Kahani

May 25, 2011
Free-to-play mobile cash-in on '80s nostalgia*, attempting to build a single shared universe from a bunch of entirely unrelated things? It's like they're trying to play "how badly can a game fail" bingo.

*Yes, I know they actually started a bit earlier and are still going now, but the '80s is when they were big.

Anna Magyar

Jan 20, 2016
This is not a new idea. I think the first one was Adventures of Poco Eco that was made for the new LP of electronic producer iamyank. They won all the awards with that game. More and more bands will promote their stuff by mobile apps. This is the new marketing trend of music industry.