Iron Sky Invasion Brings Moon Nazis to Consoles

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Iron Sky Invasion Brings Moon Nazis to Consoles

The Nazis from the dark side of the moon are coming to your console.

Udo Kier [http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Sky-Blu-ray-Digital-Copy/dp/B007ZZKWHY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345480280&sr=8-1&keywords=Iron+Sky], whose presence should tell you all you need to know about this flick - in case the whole business about Nazis from the dark side of the moon didn't do the job for you.

Anyway, Iron Sky the film is now on its way to becoming Iron Sky the videogame thanks to a deal between director Timo Vuroensola and German publisher Topware Interactive, which announced the forthcoming Iron Sky Invasion at Gamescom. There isn't much in the way of detail at this point but the game will follow the plot of the film, with players strapping in as pilots for either the invading Nazis or Earth's defense force in a great battle in outer space.

Iron Sky Invasion is being developed by Polish studio Reality Pump, whose previous work includes the Iron Sky [http://www.amazon.com/Two-Worlds-2-Xbox-360/dp/B0016NRS8M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345480456&sr=8-1&keywords=two+worlds] itself, the concept is so brilliantly cheesy that I can't help but think - and even dare to dream - that it might just work out to be awesome.

Iron Sky Invasion is slated to come out in November in both a standard and special "Gotterdammerung" edition for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC and Mac.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
But we've already had Nazis on the moon! Admittedly they were the undead, but still.

Vkmies

Oct 8, 2009
Hate to be 'that' guy, especially since I am finnish and everything, but you wrote "Vuroensola" instead of "Vuorensola". Trust me, it's spelled like so. :)

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Im actually kind of optimistic for this. Most movie games suck becuase they often go from concept to completion in less than a year and are made exclusively for the benefit of cross-promotion with the movie.

In Iron Sky's case the movie is out and remains an unkown gem of utter bizzareness to the masses. So the game can take its time and hopefully not completely suck.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Sure, why not?

I'd play it, but I'm not sure how well it would play.

Then again it's kind of a weird movie that leans towards the so bad it's good area, so the game might be good.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
Inb4 Godwin's Law
...Oh wait :p

Edit: Ah Screw it! Sarah Palin or Space Nazis: which ones are the bad guys again?
Andy Chalk said:
Iron Sky Invasion is slated to come out in November in both a standard and special "Gotterdammerung" edition for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC and Mac. Hate to be the party pooper, but we all know what happend the last time the Germans spread themselves over too many fronts :(
Honestly, If those were my only two choices, i'd side with the Space Nazis.

Jack_in_theGreen

Apr 20, 2012
The movie was hardly worth a damn (Udo Kier only being in it for 5 minutes... ). The cheesiness is OK but awful acting and bad scripting SI NOT...

But maybe the game IS good... Who knows... We'll have to wait and see.

Two-A

Aug 1, 2012
I don't know about this, movie plots hardly translate well into games. That said, I haven't seen the movie. so I don't know if the plot would be good for a game. But I'm not holding my breath

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
Movie tie-in game made by a studio with zero experience in the genre and have consistently proven to produce turds, including one of the worst games of all time. Yeah, this'll really go well.

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
Been following the movie's production since it was first announced, so I was incredibly thrilled when I first got to see it.

Such a waste, such an incredible disappointment.

I was expecting pure, fun schlock, what I got was a movie that tried to be everything at once and missing the mark on absolutely every aspiration. It wasn't funny enough to be a comedy, the premise of Moon Nazis alone only holds up in the trailers, not in the actual movie.

It also features some of the weirdest tonal shifts I've seen, very comparable to the Phantom Menace. You go from slapstick comedy (Sarah Palin shenanigans) to genocide to action to unfunny political jokes in less than 2 minutes' time.

I wasn't expecting a great movie, I wasn't even expecting a good one, but Iron Sky even got all the basics wrong. The premise of Moon Nazis really is not funny enough to save the entire movie, since all the other jokes fall flat and the action is interrupted by weird and out of place scenes at pretty much every point.

Oh wait, this is about the video game... well, I learned my lesson when it comes to high hopes with this franchise.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
Woah woah woah the Udo Kier? As in the YURI Udo Kier?

I had not heard about this at all before....and now it sounds cheesey but kind of awesome. And it has Udo Kier! What a legend. Will have to check this out now.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
SnipErlite said:
Woah woah woah the Udo Kier? As in the YURI Udo Kier?

I had not heard about this at all before....and now it sounds cheesey but kind of awesome. And it has Udo Kier! What a legend. Will have to check this out now.
if you like bad movies every once in a while you will love this. it has a scene that is a shot for shot reenactment of THAT scene from the downfall. and Udo kier eats peanuts while detailing his plans for world domination.

thespyisdead

Jan 25, 2010
this is actually interesting, though i do hope they make it work, instead of botch it up and burn in hell for all eternity for doing so

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
teebeeohh said:
if you like bad movies every once in a while you will love this. it has a scene that is a shot for shot reenactment of THAT scene from the downfall. and Udo kier eats peanuts while detailing his plans for world domination.
I certainly enjoy a bad movie, in fact I actually sat the whole way through the infamous Plan 9 from outer space....Hm. Downfall imitation and Udo Kier with peanuts. That's the film set then I guess (Y)

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
SnipErlite said:
teebeeohh said:
I certainly enjoy a bad movie, in fact I actually sat the whole way through the infamous Plan 9 from outer space....Hm. Downfall imitation and Udo Kier with peanuts. That's the film set then I guess (Y)
a word of warning: while udo kier is really good in this and his scenes are easily the best(that and the UN) he is not in a lot of it so don't go in expecting a Kier extravaganza.

luccone

Sep 13, 2012
Personally I thought the movie has the most incredible visual effects and modeling I have seen in a while. It is true the story comes a bit as a shock and may border the political incorrectness but hey they film was done with 7,5 million and looks like a 50 million movie to me. This film looks amazing in the big screen with those wide shots of moon. Will be coming out in Spain on the 10th of October.

Iron Sky La Pelicula [http://es.ironsky.net]

Iron Sky en Facebook [http://www.facebook.com/ironskyes]