Irrational Releases New BioShock Infinite Screens

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Irrational Releases New BioShock Infinite Screens

If this is January 8, then we must have some new BioShock Infinite screens for you to look at!

Why January 8? Because that's the name of the archive these screens came in. Hey, it's not easy coming up with snappy intros for yet another batch of screenshots from a game you've likely already preordered. Anyway, we've got four of them here, so let's have a peek.

[gallery=1002]

First up, what I assume is manly hero extraordinaire Booker DeWitt unloading on some poor schmuck with what appears to be an oversized Sten gun. Next is an oddly dispassionate-looking Elizabeth about to clock you with a big textbook. Third is the Wall Street Bull, who has presumably done away with his bearish rival once and for all and is now turning his attention toward you. Last but not least is a big room demonstrating reflection and occlusion effects.

Are you excited? I bet you're excited. And here's an exciting reminder: BioShock Infinite [http://www.amazon.com/BioShock-Infinite-Xbox-360/dp/B003O6EB70/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357666716&sr=8-1&keywords=BioShock+Infinite] is just a couple months away! The game comes out on March 26 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Not excited simply because I have been burnt so many times when it comes to games I have been hyped for, that I am forcing myself not to be. I am definitely getting the game though, but I will not pre-order yet because I am not sure who to get it from.

The graphics are looking pretty nice, but seem a lot better than game-play footage. So I am imagining that these screens were taken from a very high end PC running at top settings.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
FelixG said:
I dont know why... but from the thumbnail of image 2 I thought she was holding an xbox getting ready to smack someone with it... I need to get more sleep before reading articles around here...
I thought she had a gun and was doing a pose with it, so it's not just you.

FelixG said:
Legion said:
The graphics are looking pretty nice, but seem a lot better than game-play footage. So I am imagining that these screens were taken from a very high end PC running at top settings.
Wait, there is a way to play a game other than a high end PC running at top settings? :p
Well, unfortunately my PC cannot handle it on decent settings and I currently cannot justify the cost of upgrading, so for unfortunate souls such as myself we have to make do with the console version.

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
DVS BSTrD said:
GAH! A woman with a physics book!
She'll smack you right in the gender roles! :p
Nah, the appropriate comment is "Silly woman, that's not how you use a textbook!"

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
A 12 year old with Quantum Physics books? She's about to start some shit Zed!

Wonder if the developers did that on purpose, because the character really does look about 12.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Elizabeth does look younger in that screenshot, so maybe that scene is taken from a flashback to her younger days, when she would run around Columbia with her gang, hitting people with large textbooks. Back in the 1912, kids didn't have videogames to make them violent, so books had to fill that role.

Jamesonian

Jan 8, 2013
Loved the art direction of Bioshock I and 2 but this one looks like a Disney version. Please make me wrong...

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
There's quite a lot of girl physicists. And some of them are hardcore gamers too. Adorable creatures. I met my gf in a physics class :)

Seriously can't wait for this. I was a bit disappointed at first when I found out that the protagonist has a voice, but now I'm digging it. And the game looks fabulous. Lots of pretty colors.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
According to Disney, the bull's nemesis is giant metal birds, but seeing as the giant metal bird in this game is also your nemesis, I don't know if getting its attention is the best idea.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Is it me, or do the her arms look oddly short in that second picture?

Maybe it's just the angle.

The

Jan 24, 2012
Casual Shinji said:

I have a feeling her arms shouldn't be able to bend at that point.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
The said:
Casual Shinji said:

I have a feeling her arms shouldn't be able to bend at that point.
I think it's her head. It could benefit from being a bit smaller.