TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
oliveira8 said:
TsunamiWombat said:
oliveira8 said:
TsunamiWombat said:
leaman474 said:
TsunamiWombat said:
Jesus, how many games is blizzard developing?

I guess this is how they get around Activisions demand for 1 title per year. Stagger them by working on half a dozen at once.

So we got Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, Mystery MMO, and now this which I shall dub Project X.
Their also developing a WoW expansion at the same time!
So, they're set for the next 6 years... Benefit of having Activisions resources I guess.
Not really no...it does help tho. But last year WoW alone made profits of 1 Billion dollars...
I meant manpower mostly so they could actually WORK on six games at once.
Oh manpower...Even before the merge with Activision Blizzard had opened many many job openings. Many of which were for the new next gen-MMO and other projects.

But one of the deals was that Blizzard remained an independent studio from Activision.
Still they must've gained SOMETHING or else why sell?

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
TsunamiWombat said:
oliveira8 said:
TsunamiWombat said:
oliveira8 said:
TsunamiWombat said:
leaman474 said:
TsunamiWombat said:

I guess this is how they get around Activisions demand for 1 title per year. Stagger them by working on half a dozen at once.

So we got Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, Mystery MMO, and now this which I shall dub Project X.
So, they're set for the next 6 years... Benefit of having Activisions resources I guess.
Not really no...it does help tho. But last year WoW alone made profits of 1 Billion dollars...
I meant manpower mostly so they could actually WORK on six games at once.
Oh manpower...Even before the merge with Activision Blizzard had opened many many job openings. Many of which were for the new next gen-MMO and other projects.

But one of the deals was that Blizzard remained an independent studio from Activision.
Still they must've gained SOMETHING or else why sell?
Lots and lots of money, plus the possibility of someday expanding into the console market. As its hinted in a news in this very safe website.

Renikor

Mar 23, 2009
leaman474 said:
TsunamiWombat said:

Into The Maelstrom Baby!

runtheplacered

Oct 31, 2007
Eric the Orange said:
Malygris said:
... "fifth franchise," ...
Uh, I can only think of 3, Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo. Unless you count World of Warcraft as separate from the RTS Warcrafts.
I don't know if this is what they're referring to or not, but look at their games back in the 90's. They actually use to be fairly diverse. Racing games, fighting games, platformers, etc.