Is A Tomb Raider Movie Reboot Coming Soon?

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
45,698
0
0
Is A Tomb Raider Movie Reboot Coming Soon?


Remember that recent talk out of Warner Bros. [http://www.eidos.com] may have the same idea for the movie franchise.

io9 [http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=24074], as a spokesperson for the actress simply responded that, "She's not involved in the movie at all."

How much truth there is to this is impossible to say, but there's no question that put in a bid [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/88582-Eidos-Pondering-Makeover-for-Lara-Croft] to acquire control of the company. As such, a simultaneous reboot of both the games and the movies doesn't seem unreasonable.

Whether or not it will actually accomplish anything is a different question entirely.


Permalink
 

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
6,732
0
0
Apparently they didn't learn from their first set of mistakes...

Megan Fox is bloody aweful, the movies will be just as bad as they were the first time.

For starters they'd be much better off casting Kate Beckinsdale or another talented and good looking actress whose actually ENGLISH and is familiar with action roles.

Secondly, they shouldn't emphasize the movies as "sexy movies" like they did before, that didn't work last time, it won't work this time.

Last and but not least, they should just give it up, you can't make a good Tomb Raider film, the concept is too damn derivative.
 

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
1,454
0
0
Well, this Megan Fox rumor sure as hell isn't true, but at the very least whoever came up with it is on the right track. If they wanted to reboot the franchise giving Angelina the axe would be a good first step. While she may be a good actress if movies like Changeling are any indication, all she brought to the table in the Tomb Raider movies were her body. That's it. That's probably the only reason they hired her.

I agree that Beckensale would be a good replacement if she'd be willing to do it. She knows her way around an action scene, she's got the looks and she's definitely got the talent.
 

Kukakkau

New member
Feb 9, 2008
1,898
0
0
wouldn't they use the model who acts as lara at games conventions etc?
saw her on the XBL features - she is a gymnast and looks the part so she could do the stunts and play the part
 

Avida

New member
Oct 17, 2008
1,030
0
0
Kukakkau said:
wouldn't they use the model who acts as lara at games conventions etc?
saw her on the XBL features - she is a gymnast and looks the part so she could do the stunts and play the part
Im assuming thats because she is a gymnast and not an actor
 

ace_of_something

New member
Sep 19, 2008
5,995
0
0
Kukakkau said:
wouldn't they use the model who acts as lara at games conventions etc?
saw her on the XBL features - she is a gymnast and looks the part so she could do the stunts and play the part
Alison Carroll?
But can she act?
Then again there wasn't acting in the first movies...
 

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
2,877
0
0
Dammit, I saw the word Reboot first and got excited, I thought we were getting some more Bob and Matrix...

Well I suppose it couldn't hurt too much to reinvent the idea. The games do it all the time anyway. The films were rather lame, so maybe a re-imagining will help breathe some life back into the stale old bird.
 

SomeBritishDude

New member
Nov 1, 2007
5,081
0
0
...Why?

If your going to make a video game movie, use a game that isn't a copy of movie!!

For thoughs who haven't quiet worked it out: Indiana Jones + Boobs = Tomb Raider
 

dthree

Hey!
Jun 13, 2008
165
0
0
I have a hard time pointing blame at Jolie since it's difficult to assess an actor's performance with a train wreck of a script and a pathetically misguided director. Nope, that movie sucked before 1 foot of film was shot.
 

Kukakkau

New member
Feb 9, 2008
1,898
0
0
Avida said:
Kukakkau said:
wouldn't they use the model who acts as lara at games conventions etc?
saw her on the XBL features - she is a gymnast and looks the part so she could do the stunts and play the part
Im assuming thats because she is a gymnast and not an actor
true. but she is playing the part at all these conventions and things and not too badly i might add. if theyd asked serious question in the interview i might have believed she was lara croft

i didn't think there was acting quality in the tomb raider movies . saw an advert for the movie on tv a few days ago - Angelina Jolie flinches when she loads her pistols and they snap forward (sorry i don't know what that's called)
plus her face can barely manage expressions which makes it hard to understand the character
 

sam13lfc

New member
Oct 29, 2008
392
0
0
Please ignore this post, my browser tells me i have just switched to someone elses account somehow, i need to test if this is a glitch on my end or theirs
 

Avida

New member
Oct 17, 2008
1,030
0
0
sam13lfc said:
Please ignore this post, my browser tells me i have just switched to someone elses account somehow, i need to test if this is a glitch on my end or theirs
That was me, switching accounts was in no way intentional, did anything happen on your end? I informed Virgil.

Kukakkau said:
true. but she is playing the part at all these conventions and things and not too badly i might add. if theyd asked serious question in the interview i might have believed she was lara croft

i didn't think there was acting quality in the tomb raider movies . saw an advert for the movie on tv a few days ago - Angelina Jolie flinches when she loads her pistols and they snap forward (sorry i don't know what that's called)
plus her face can barely manage expressions which makes it hard to understand the character
Oh, she was interviewed, well i suppose that changes things - i just assumed she walked around a bit before posing for the cameras and prehaps cutting some red tape somewhere.

And on the advert - You were watching her face during that? :p
 

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
435
0
0
galletea said:
Dammit, I saw the word Reboot first and got excited, I thought we were getting some more Bob and Matrix...
That would be too awesome, therefore it will never happen. (Sadly.)
 

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
1,454
0
0
Avida said:
sam13lfc said:
Please ignore this post, my browser tells me i have just switched to someone elses account somehow, i need to test if this is a glitch on my end or theirs
That was me, switching accounts was in no way intentional, did anything happen on your end? I informed Virgil.
That's weird, something similar happened to me at about the same time.
 

Avida

New member
Oct 17, 2008
1,030
0
0
Vanguard1219 said:
Avida said:
sam13lfc said:
Please ignore this post, my browser tells me i have just switched to someone elses account somehow, i need to test if this is a glitch on my end or theirs
That was me, switching accounts was in no way intentional, did anything happen on your end? I informed Virgil.
That's weird, something similar happened to me at about the same time.

Yeah, it happened to dozens of people last night, theres two threads about it, one was called 'error' then 'check out this error' and then it may have changed to something else I'm not sure. Anyway a server admin came into the thread and told us all its apparently been fixed, just a glitch, no malicious intent.

If you've already seen the threads now, my bad.

Out of curiosity, who did you switch to? - Anyone more interesting than my guy?
 

Frybird

New member
Jan 7, 2008
1,632
0
0
Meh, can't look really forward to that because i don't really have an idea how to make a decent Movie out of Tomb Raider.

I'd rather have a Serious Sam Movie based on the first games. It could be some kind of action comedy that almost spoofs Indiana Jones and the Mummy Trilogy where lots of monsters get shot in the face. That would be great...