Is Anita Sarkeesian actually doing more harm to feminism than good?

CrystalViolet

May 14, 2014
It seems like people's opinions on Anita Sarkeesian and Gamer Gate (I can't believe that's even a thing) are bitterly divided. It seems like you can't really have an opinion on one side or the other without being labelled a misogynist or social justice warrior. There seems to be no middle ground.

But that's not why I started this thread. I actually couldn't give a shit about the question I just asked. I wanted to do a little experiment for my own amusement. If you've read this far, please don't properly answer my question. Talk about Sarkeesian, talk about something irrelevant, but don't answer my question and don't quote each other. Just write something that sounds legit but use the word "panda" somewhere in the text. Let's see how many people's rage buttons get pressed by the title and start spewing their opinions.

KokujinTensai

Feb 11, 2009
I think the problem with Anita is that many view her as an outsider who started "wagging her finger" at the culture. She isn't considered a "gamer" so some wonder why she has the right (or more accuracy the legitimacy) to criticize gaming culture.
I believe if it were a woman from the industry or the culture (Like Felicia Day) the negativity wouldn't be as pronounced as it is.

Then again this is just my opinion.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I don't think the panda is the issue necessarily, but rather, it's the vitriol and blind hatred that the panda is faced with that has created the problem we see today. The poachers created their own panda-monster. Let it speak, you don't have to listen.

It's pretty fucked up that pandas abandon their young so easily though. How the fuck did they survive Darwinism?

EDIT: Wow, people need to learn to read OP's. LOL!

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
If you're wondering if people only read and respond to thread titles, and don't read the OP properly, you're right.
I can attest to this, based on a number of threads I've made with poorly worded thread titles, that everyone responded to without reading my post.

Which made me a sad panda.