Is anyone replaying any old games?

Silvertongue

Jul 2, 2008
In anticipation of the new Golden Sun game coming out for the DS, I've started replaying the second GBA game, as well as starting to replay Fire Emblem: the Sacred Stones just for the heck of it.

What I want to know is, has anyone else given in to the hankering to dust off an old copy of anything, and if so, what?

Dec 14, 2009
Vampire the Maquerade: Bloodlines.

Going through a run right now with my Malkavian, I can't really play with any other character because of how hilarious the dialogue is...

Stop sign: ...

Malk: No, You stop.

Malk: YOU STOP!

Malk: AHHH STOP!

Malk: You've made a powerful enemy this day, sign.

Silvertongue

Jul 2, 2008
Zekksta said:
Golden Sun 1 and 2
FF6
Fire Emblem (Sealed Sword/Sacred Stones)

Seems we have similar taste in old games lmao.

I've replayed all of them recently, waiting for my new GFX card to arrive in the mail haha.
Niiice. Very nice indeed. We should talk, Zekk...mind if I call you that?

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
the oldest games that i play on any sort of regualr basis are starcraft, tibrium sun and cultures.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Super Castlevania IV to tide me over until Lords of Shadow drops in price.

You might know SCIV as the Castlevania game with the best rendition of Bloody Tears. You know it's true.

Silvertongue

Jul 2, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:

Going through a run right now with my Malkavian, I can't really play with any other character because of how hilarious the dialogue is...

That reminds me of Michael Swain's Blockhead flash video series. But anyway, I really like your avatar.

Back on topic: I never played that game, as I was too young and impressionable to when it came out. Is it any good?

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
Tried to finish the last 3 remaining missions on hard in F-Zero GX the other day. Still no success... I've completed the entire damn game with the exception of the last 3 mission races on hard. It simply cannot be done.

Silvertongue

Jul 2, 2008
Hazy said:

You might know SCIV as the Castlevania game with the best rendition of Bloody Tears. You know it's true.
It also introduced Simon's Theme. That song gives me a total Eargasm.

Dec 14, 2009
Silvertongue said:
Daystar Clarion said:

That reminds me of Michael Swain's Blockhead flash video series. But anyway, I really like your avatar.

Back on topic: I never played that game, as I was too young and impressionable to when it came out. Is it any good?
Ah yeah, it's fucking great. It's a one of kind game. I don't really understand why vampire RPGs in an urban setting aren't made more often. you can catch it on steam but be sure to patch it with the Unofficial patch 7.2 (or if a newer version has been released).

IrradiatedFish

Sep 24, 2010
Silvertongue said:
Hazy said:

This game had a phenomenal soundtrack period. My favourite is Forest of Monsters.

Silvertongue

Jul 2, 2008
GoldenEyes said:
Silvertongue said:
Hazy said:

This game had a phenomenal soundtrack period. My favourite is Forest of Monsters.
Rather ashamed to say I never played it all the way through. V.V

BelmontClan

Nov 15, 2009
Silvertongue said:
Hazy said:

To me it's a toss up which soundtrack is the best: Super Castlevania IV or Symphony of the Night

As to games that I've replayed, I'll pop in Symphony every so often. I'm working on FF8 now, not as a replay but as a game I've had since it first came out and never passed. It's the oldest game I currently own that I haven't passed. I know it's broken but I've been enlightened by the "Squall's Dead" theory so I'm playing through just to see if it's true.

Kiju

Apr 20, 2009
I still hook up my Sega Genesis to play some Ecco The Dolphin, Biohazard Battle, and Road Rash every now and then, when I want some simple, but quality entertainment compared to the mediocre drivel that's starting to stink up the game market.

Not to mention some Jungle Strike. :p

KRbertsproduck5

May 29, 2010
I've been playing some Airplane on the Fairchild lately. also a tad of Spiderman 2 on game cube but thats not as cool