Is Bulletstorm Appropriate for Kids, CliffyB?

Gahars

Feb 4, 2008
Is the thread pointless? Maybe, but even if it is, it's just harmless.

And the ad? Hilarious. I need to start watching the rest now...

Larsirius

May 26, 2010
Anyone know if the music is made for the video, or if it exists somewhere in its entirety?

:)

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
That was a pretty good punchline. Liked it more then the other vids. My interest is in this game is slowly but surely rising.
Though Make a "bulletpoint" video with Jennifer Hale (who is VOing in this game and hence is half the reason why I'm interested at all) and I'm as good as sold.

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
strangeotron said:
He's an overrated hack that ripped people off with the atroicious failure of GoW2, made no effort to apologise (quite the opposite), shows zero respect for the people that pay his wages and swans around like fucking gaming royalty. Again the supine gaming media we have continue to piss their pants everytime this guy appears. He's never been called to account for ripping people off, or treating his fans like shit and frankly he needs a fucking good hard slap; he represents everything that's wrong with the gaming industry, the greed, the arrogance. He thinks he's a fucking rockstar. He's really, really, not.
I'm a bit confused. How was Gears of War 2 a failure in any way, shape or form? By all accounts it's substantially more popular than Gears 1, and it was also better designed. It was financially and critically successful.

Either way, the ONLY problem I have with CliffyB is his apparent disdain for PC gamers (Where's my GoW2 and GoW3 Cliffy?!), but he's never earned my ire or even my hate.

Roboto

Nov 18, 2009
John Funk said:
Palademon said:
John Funk said:
Palademon said:
CrystalShadow said:
Palademon said:
I fail to see the importance of devoting a thread to this, John.
Uh, you do realise ANY article or video posted on this site has a thread attached to it by default?

Look around... You'll see it. Unfortunately, the thread sometimes seems to become visible before the article or video itself.
That's weird because I saw this same vid days ago, on this site.
No you didn't. We uploaded it an hour ago. You may be confusing it with this one [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106756-CliffyB-Takes-Design-Pointers-from-Wisdom-of-the-Elders].
That video you just linked I have never seen before.
Well then, I don't know what to tell you. It first showed up in our inboxes this morning, so if you saw it elsewhere we didn't post it. Like we did now.
Hmm... You said you wouldn't spoil it, but the answer was pretty much given as soon as I clicked the link and it took me to an age verifier, LOL! Epic lose :( but Epic® win on the movie

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
strangeotron said:
stop giving this fucking hack cliffyb any more fucking airtime. FFS. Give credit to real game designers that don't shit all over their customer base. I know there are fewer to choose from these days, but surely you can do better than this oxygen thief.
Abbreviated rage ftw. I mean, arftw.

Heh, this is a good way to advertise the game: sheer dicking about. Love it.

KaosuHamoni

Apr 7, 2010
strangeotron said:
Bulletstorm is going to be a joke. The big release is Gears 3 and this is just a cheap beta test. It's like all the people that went to see that Mr Black movie just because it had a trailer for Phantom Menace.
Way to prove that your a jackass infront of the entire Internet. Grow a sense of humour, and keep disruptive comments to yourself please.

OT: Well, there's no such thing as too many over the top shooters. First week PC purchase for me thanks! =]

- Edit -

Now that I've actually bothered to look, you've actually posted several times, and all of the posts are blatant inflammatory language. You want attention, how about acting like a decent human being, especially as you have under 300 posts, and are 1. Not very well established on the site, and 2. More susceptible to Moderator Wrath as a result. Hell, if I were a mod, you'd be on probation by now.

HanselGreta

Professional Lurker
Oct 28, 2010
KaosuHamoni said:
- Edit -

specially as you have under 300 posts
As a well established forum lurker I'd like to ask you something: why is the number of posts of a user links to the relevance of his opinions?

And to stay on topic: Cheesy punch lines and easy humor is'nt for me. Maybe the game's target audience is younger, I don't know, tough I will pass on this one.

Poopie McGhee

Über Sparrow Kicker
Aug 26, 2009
Already Preordered... First game purchase since New Vegas... I personally haven't ever been let down by either People Can Fly or Epic, So I'm fairly optimistic... I trust Cliffy more than Molyneaux, at any rate... Haha.

KaosuHamoni

Apr 7, 2010
Hexaltate said:
KaosuHamoni said:
- Edit -

As a well established forum lurker I'd like to ask you something: why is the number of posts of a user links to the relevance of his opinions?
I tend to find that, no matter how much of a forum lurker you may be, the content of your posts reflect your repute as a person on this site, and, the less posts you have, the more heavily people take your abusive posts as the norm

Anyway, more posts mean that you have more common sense around the site, because you don't get to that high number being abusive, for the most part. I mean you wouldn't see Onyx Oblivion, Heart of Darkness or Ayaline posting like that very often, if at all, would you?

Poopie McGhee

Über Sparrow Kicker
Aug 26, 2009
Hexaltate said:
KaosuHamoni said:
- Edit -

It shouldn't, and it doesn't to me. (I'm just jumping into this conversation feet first). I've been using the escapist for a nice bit, then signed up to make some irrelevant observation or other. I don't post much, as I prefer to read more than to reply. Still, from time to time, there are such things as trolling (this being the internet after all). People who partake in loathsome feats such as those are usually compensated by short lifespans (In the internet sense of the word) which manifests itself by not having a large post count. From what I've seen of the fellow in question, I can not in good faith say that he is one of those creatures, just a person who is in possession of a strong dislike of the man in question (Cliffy B.)..

EDIT: Damn, it took me so long to finish typing that that the person who was asked answered... Oh well... I stand by what I said. (I didn't edit my main post)

Jun 15, 2009
Palademon said:
CrystalShadow said:
Palademon said:
I fail to see the importance of devoting a thread to this, John.
Uh, you do realise ANY article or video posted on this site has a thread attached to it by default?

Look around... You'll see it. Unfortunately, the thread sometimes seems to become visible before the article or video itself.
That's weird because I saw this same vid days ago, on this site.
It was a different one, trust me.

HanselGreta

Professional Lurker
Oct 28, 2010
KaosuHamoni said:
Hexaltate said:
KaosuHamoni said:
- Edit -

I tend to find that, no matter how much of a forum lurker you may be, the content of your posts reflect your repute as a person on this site, and, the less posts you have, the more heavily people take your abusive posts as the norm

Anyway, more posts mean that you have more common sense around the site, because you don't get to that high number being abusive, for the most part. I mean you wouldn't see Onyx Oblivion, Heart of Darkness or Ayaline posting like that very often, if at all, would you?
Just letting you know that my previous post wasn't an attack and was purely informational. Thanks for the thoughts behind your statement, it is appreciated and understood.

Mar 26, 2008
Monshroud said:
I love the fact that it is pics of Cliffy B with Lotion and tissues.... Another great vid for Bulletstorm..
Yeah I had to replay the video to listen to it because I was too fixated on the bottle of lotion and box of tissues in his hands.