Is Cyberpunk 2077 playable on PS4 Pro?

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
When the game first released I heard that it bricked regular PS4s (which I had at the time) in addition to it being a buggy mess that fell short of many promises.

I now have a PS4 Pro and was considering giving Cyberpunk a try but would like to know if they fixed the game since its launch.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
When the game first released I heard that it bricked regular PS4s (which I had at the time) in addition to it being a buggy mess that fell short of many promises.

I now have a PS4 Pro and was considering giving Cyberpunk a try but would like to know if they fixed the game since its launch.
Fixed is a relative term. It is less buggy and ridiculous than at launch, but I honestly wouldn’t bother playing it in anything other than a PS5/XSX or reasonably high end PC.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
Fixed is a relative term. It is less buggy and ridiculous than at launch, but I honestly wouldn’t bother playing it in anything other than a PS5/XSX or reasonably high end PC.
Just as well. I’ve got a bit of a backlog to clear through, not to mention a few more trophies to get on Nioh 2 before I go around buying more games. I might try it whenever I can finally get my hands on a PS5.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Yeah it's fine, the atmosphere is there, the texture loading and pop in isn't completely absent but the world is mostly convincing.
Sure it would be awesomer on a ps5 but if you feel the itch to play it and it's on special it isn't a terrible way to spend your days.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Even on PS5, does it still have that thing where there would be three of the same person shambling down the street at a time?

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
Honestly, it works on moderate or slightly older PCs well enough. It really shows that it was made for PC primarily and basically ported to the consoles.