Is it Just me or or do more people find the Walking Dead a crapy show??

Jeff O'Krafka

May 29, 2011
For being really big into zombies and post-apocalyptic movie's and games. But I just can't seem to get into the walking dead I just find it very dry not interesting. I have already watched the 1st season but I dunno. What does everyone else think??

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
The comic is great. But the show itself is pretty terrible. Too much stupid drama and people making stupid decisions. Not enough zombies.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
There's a saying that tends to float around here: different strokes for different folks. Understand that, and the better off you'll be.

If you weren't impressed with the first season, then give the second (and personally my favorite) a chance. Yes, it has people arguing more than it has zombies, but you really learn to enjoy watching the story unfold as time goes on. I wouldn't condemn it just yet.

[sub][sub]That is, until you get to the end of Season 3. Then condemn all you want.[/sub][/sub]

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Telltale game>Everything else

The show is OK at best, im counting season 3, lets hope season 4 makes it better.

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
I think it's okay. I watched the first episode and thought it was just another boring zombie show/movie. Some months later I played the game and saw what the appeal was, so I gave the show another chance and actually like it. I like that the zombies are just a small threat in the walking dead, and the humans are the real one. It's much more believable and what I imagine would happen if there ever was a real zombie outbreak.

LAGG

Jun 23, 2011
Yes, it's pretty bad. The whole "drama" is around people doing dumb stuff.

This sums it up:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IdiotPlot

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
Jeff O said:
For being really big into zombies and post-apocalyptic movie's and games. But I just can't seem to get into the walking dead I just find it very dry not interesting. I have already watched the 1st season but I dunno. What does everyone else think??
It honestly feels like Heros with zombies. Long dragged out plots that are solved quite often predictably.
I stopped watching after they blew through 3 episodes trying to find someone who clearly is fricken gone.

Though I will admit I don't have much interest in zombies to begin with.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
Season 1 is good.

Season 2 starts a downward trend which accelerates toward the middle/end.

Season 3 ...some eps are better, some are worse. Overall a wash.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I kinda liked the show up untill the point that sheriff guy gets reunited with his family (eventhough that first episode was a big, fat 28 Days Later rip-off). After that it goes down hill, with the final episode of the season nailing the coffin shut. God, that was so fucking stupid.

Telltale's installment blows the TV show out the water, through the atmosphere, and across the Moon.

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
It was okay at first.

Then stupid stuff kept happening over and over (with some good stuff in between) but I held out hoping it would get better overall.

Then the season 3 finale came around and killed the show for me.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
TheScottishMexican42 said:
You should play the game. One of the best stories in gaming.
Now, only if the game was worth playing. Because it is a game after all.

the_green_dragon

Nov 18, 2009
I enjoy the show, the production values are good and the zombies look good. I feel we're kind of 'starved' for good zombie movies (WWZ is awesome) and the AMC's walking dead seems to provide enough for now.

I would love to see more 'Dawn of the dead' and 'Zombieland' stuff but at the moment this isn't too bad.

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
I enjoy it. If you expect a standart action zombie movie, then of course you will be disappointed.
This is a drama show, so lots of talking and drama.
As to people making stupid decissions to drive the plot. Yeah, but i seriously don't mind so much. It's usually certain people that make the stupid decissions, so i can simply hate them for it and move on (example Lori).
And it's not as big a idiot plot as, say, Dragon Age 2 with Anders and Merril.

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
I'm not sure i call it crappy.

I see why many perceive it as such, but that is coming from a very high standard. Meaning yes, compared to Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, Real Humans....it's crap.

But when seeing TV programs as a whole, it's still pretty good.

THAT SAID, i don't know how long i can stand the the show being SO DISAPPOINTING.

GREAT first episodes, lackluster rest of the first season.
Season Two starts and ends amazingly, but in between basically nothing happens.
Season Three hits the ground running, with some crazy awesome first episodes, the promise of a great villain, and an intense setup for a fantastic showdown. Also, "Clear", one of the best Episodes of ANY series in recent years.

And then the hotly anticipated Season Three finale...comes and goes with a wimper. Plottwist that seem like cheap excuses, a complete ruination of the massive tension built up by the episodes before, making them pointless in retrospect.

...and now i'm not sure if i'll even bother with the fourth season

Thomas Barnsley

Mar 8, 2012
I'd say it is definitely overrated. Not crappy though, but it isn't as good as fans make it out to be. I'd still watch it though.

The game is great though, as many people have already said.

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
OH yes. The Walking Dead is an exercise in wasted potential. The pilot was the best episode, the best season was the second one, and the entire premise is a waste. My friends and I all agree that it would've been WAY more interesting if Rick was the only constant character in the show, and it just followed his endless journey to find his family, who the audience knows is obviously dead. He would meet different people along the way, even temporarily join groups for a short time, but in the end, for one reason or another, he would always end up alone again.

Seriously, TELL me that wouldn't be a better show.

Ravesy

Apr 16, 2012
I honestly thought it was more liked than the posts here show... I thought all 3 seasons were pretty good as has my other half and friends, yes there were some weak episodes/plots, but overall I've really liked it. Didn't think I would be in the minority!

Dirge Eterna

Apr 13, 2013
I can't get into the series because I had read the comics before the show was even announced. I just can't get into the story changes and the way the story is cut up and put back in an order that doesn't make sense. Never mind the people who are alive that shouldn't be.....

Kristian Fischer

Aug 15, 2011
I never read the comics and only saw two or three eps of the show. Not "crapy", just terribly uninteresting. Enough with the zombies, already.