Is it possible to be THIS bad at Portal?

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
you know, it may not be that some people aren't smart enough for Portal (believe me, i know some very smart people that have quit because it was too hard for them) it may just be that there is a LOT of special thinking that goes into Portal that some people can't wrap their heads around (remember how there are different forms of intelligence? yeah, just like that)

HHKelevra

Jun 5, 2010
Azaraxzealot said:
you know, it may not be that some people aren't smart enough for Portal (believe me, i know some very smart people that have quit because it was too hard for them) it may just be that there is a LOT of special thinking that goes into Portal that some people can't wrap their heads around (remember how there are different forms of intelligence? yeah, just like that)
I don't know, this is pretty much the first puzzle of the game. At this point, all the game is asking is that you have a grasp of basic human problem-solving skills.

Some masochistic part of me wants to see her actually try to figure out Propulsion/Repulsion Gel.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
If you're standing up, then Sit the fuck down!

Hahahaha
"I whip my portal back and forth, I whip my portal back and forth."
"SHUT UP!"

Darby

Jul 21, 2010
To begin thinking with portals, one must first start thinking at all.
She's obviously been asleep for way longer than Chell. The brain damage is much worse.

KaosuHamoni

Apr 7, 2010
Irridium said:
El Poncho said:
I felt like shouting at the screen D:
I was shouting at the screen.
I was screaming "PORTAL THE WALL! THE WALL! OVER THERE!!! GO THROUGH THE ORAN- NO NOT THAT WALL YOU DUMBASS!! YES THERE! THE WA- [sub][sub]oh my god[/sub][/sub] THAT WALL! YES GOOD! NO NO N- oh I give up...

The entire time... -.-

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
This IS iJustine. The Queen of mediocre comedy/gaming videos. And just generally sucking at video-games. What'ja expect.

At least Toby's actually past the 2nd. Fucking. Puzzle.

Frontastic

Aug 3, 2010
Everyone keeps saying how familiar he sounds and I agree.
To me, he sounds like Wesker which made the whole thing even funnier.

Cpt Corallis

Apr 14, 2009
Is it just me or does she sound a little like Dory from Finding Nemo?
Also, her and Wheatley are perfect for each other!

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
The announcer made me think of Patrick Stewart and once he stopped talking i had to stop the video because i couldn't handle THAT much stupid and i've sat through videos of Big Fazeek.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
Frontastic said:
Everyone keeps saying how familiar he sounds and I agree.
To me, he sounds like Wesker which made the whole thing even funnier.
I was thinking more like Plankton from SpongeBob. Maybe a bit toned down, and trying to be Wesker.

Anyway, I don't see how anyone could think that her video stupidity is real. She gets paid to be a moron. Why wouldn't she act stupid?

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
tomtom94 said:
Yeah. Well, as someone whose mother would probably suffer the same, there are some people for whom video games just don't make sense.

My mum can play Wii Bowling, and Wii Tennis, but she is always slow and needs help - she'll miss the ball more often than not on the latter and always looks confused playing the former.

It's the exact same reason why I've never tried asking her to play anything any more complicated, and certainly not a traditional, joypad-controlled game. Some people just don't "get" video games, because they came after the chance came for the brain to develop the necessary synapses for the reactions, I guess.

So yes, it is quite easy to be THAT bad at Portal.
Well to be fair that's more of a generational difference - parents are always pretty unlikely to play or be able to play games due to them not being around when they were younger and learning. Of course there are exceptions

Your mother struggles with the idea behind it and the motor skills for it
ijustine struggles with the basic principle of problem solving with thought...and gets paid for acting like a retarded 4 year old

If only life was always that easy -.-

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I can understand having trouble with the late game puzzles, but this is ridiculous. At least she admits that what she did was embarrassing though.

Bags159

Mar 11, 2011
That guy's voice is like Morgan Freeman + Totalbiscuit.

I really hope she's that bad on purpose. I thought she had it at 8:00.

Youtube comments said:
Everybody, it's obvious she has not played this game before, and you would suck too if you just started to play it. Have you seen her Dead Space 2 episodes? She wasn't good at first, but now she getting alright. So just chill the hell out. If you don't want to watch it, Don't Watch It.
Not sure if srs.

JakeyBoyKrixl

Nov 2, 2010
What do you expect from someone who pretends to be a gamer, but actually has no passion for it and only makes videos for some extra cash? I am very disappointed that over 100,000 people find this entertaining to watch. I mean, more subscribers than people like Proton Jon and NCS? Come on, that's just ridiculous, she only deserves about 25. What's even worse is she already has almost as many subscribers as Classic Game Room, WHY YOUTUBE, WHY!?