Is it weird to get naked in front of animals?

PatrickXD

Aug 13, 2009
No, I don't really mind if an animal see's my manly bits. But I'd rather it didn't.

Less on topic, you realise that this website has thousands of visitors? Most, if not all, threads get well over 10 comments.

Mandalore the Gear

Jun 13, 2011
My pets lick their own genitals... in front of me, my wife, company. They don't care, so why should we. Besides haven't we all seen two dogs getting it on in some neighbors front yard in board daylight?

bluesession

Sep 8, 2008
I don't think is weird to be naked. After all I was born naked and no matter what the society thinks being naked is the most normal thing.

Therefore I don't mind my pets see me naked, I see them naked all the time and they don't seem to care... :)

Android2137

Feb 2, 2010
Why do people feel embarrassed if animals see them naked? They're animals. They're naked too (unless you make your pets wear clothes too). If your pets are staring at you while you're changing or showering, there's probably a not-icky reason behind it. I know when my cat watches me shower, it's just because she's thirsty.

CplDustov

May 7, 2009
At first... but then you realise that naked is something everyone is at some point in their life. A dog is unlikely to care because why would it? People are basically taught culturally that naked is weird. You might feel akward. I did at first... but the dog didn't make a deal out of it so after thinking about it for 5 seconds I stopped caring....

So not really.
Get a job. Talk to the girl. Go to the gym regularly. Sorting life out is not something that really ends per say.

guise709

Feb 2, 2010
Since I go to the gym to swim I've grown to not be that insecure since I have to change in the lockers everytime I go. So yea if my dog sees me naked I don't care although he always leave the bathroom when someone is going to use it.

platinawolf

Oct 27, 2009
No, not really... Then again, they are rats... Wouldn't let them near my junk but that has more to do with my frail skin than their frail minds :p Would I walk into the same room as them naked? Sure do :p

Vornek

Jan 25, 2011
I don't do it.
Mainly, because I'd like to keep my genitals without any cat claws embedded into them.

-V

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
No, I don't think it's weird, I just don't since I currently have 5 young cats and I'm a guy (Learned that lesson about a year ago).

Vonnis

Feb 18, 2011
Think of it this way: your dog is always naked. If it doesn't care, why should you?

Aeroastrix

May 2, 2011
"You! Stay away from animals, its not legal, not even for me! There is no moral. Maybe someday, I'll set up a petting zoo for people like you..."

Who can guess what game that quote was from!

anyways, a dog DOES know what its looking at, its not like it can't distinguish it, why do you think dogs try to hump your leg when they get horny...because they want to get it on!....(with you) whether they know or don't know, I prefer not changing in front of my dog, because like multiple ppl here, its just creepy the way they stare at you

then again my dog is a bulldog, so he'd rather just go lie in the living room than stare at me changing...

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Mine stares at me, but I think he might be thinking "that looks different to me!"
One time though, I started getting undressed and my cat was staring at me without looking away (usually, he'll look, then get bored and look at something else) so I turned away from him and got undressed. He got up, walked over and stood in front of me again to stare at me some more.
I'm going to assume he thought I was hiding something from him, he doesn't like that.

That gif made me lol.

Dystopia

Jul 26, 2009
I once saw a film about some guy who died in a car crash leaving his wife and young son behind, then he was reborn in the body of a retriever puppy and rejoined the family, but in dog form.

So yes, I tend to avoid it. You know, just in case...

Chrinik

May 8, 2008
Nah, I don´t care about my animals seeing me nakes...what for? It´s not like they show any kind of different behaviour, comment it or turn around and tell my junk size to their friends...

Animals very well know the difference between naked and clothed...for them, it´s like you dropped your fur coat. You are still the same person.
Contrary to what most people believe, an animal is NOT always able to recognize you if you dress up...for example, one time I put on nothing but an NBC mask and my dogs barked at me until I took it off...they can recognize your face even over your smell.
The other time, I wore the rubber hood as well, same deal, until I took the mask off.
Only after a couple of times my dogs now even recognize me in NBC gear, which means they REMEMBER the different ways you look...not just scent.

The point I´m getting it is that animals aren´t as stupid or uncaring as people might think, they know you, and especially your face...any kind of strange behaviour they will recognize.
But they won´t care if you are naked or not.

PS: They also might notice you getting sick even before you do.

AwesomeExpress

Packages Delivered: 84 / 1900
Feb 4, 2010
Yeah, I think it's weird.. but also, if animals recognise us by our smell, then it really doesn't matter. Because, it's not like they don't know who we are just because we're wearing different clothes, so what does it matter if they see us naked? ..We see them naked all the time. O.O And we pet them.

Criquefreak

Mar 19, 2010
My thanks to the many pet-phobic nakedness injury imageries, it was a great laugh and I'll never understand how you guys live with those things.

I think the determining factor is intent of actions. Whether there was nakedness for the sake of practical utility (such as changing clothes, hygenic practices, or personal comforts) or whether it was motivated by a cross-species exhibitionism (futile, except in comedic-tragic imagery).