Is it wrong to type in colors most of the time?

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
I've taken to writing in colors and I was wondering, Does people typing in colors annoy you or does it brighten up your day? (or does it do nothing)

child of lileth

The Norway Italian
Jun 10, 2009
If it's one solid color the whole post, I don't mind it. If they do it in rainbows for no reason, then it gets annoying.

Kpt._Rob

Travelling Mushishi
Apr 22, 2009
As I recall from back when I started here reading the forum rules, they prefer that colors only be used for emphasis. I think writing in colors all the time takes away from the... well... specialness? of having colors. It's fun every now and again, but if you do it all the time it's overwhelming, so it's best to just save it for emphasis.

MikailCaboose

Jun 16, 2009
child of lileth said:
If it's one solid color the whole post, I don't mind it. If they do it in rainbows for no reason, then it gets annoying.
Or when it's an absurdly bright color and it becomes a pain to read. Like that middle yellow one.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
I have never seen colours on the escapist. That made my eyes tingle.

OT
It does annoy me, but it does make the text a little awkward to read for people who are colour blind (my friend cannot see the L and O clearly enough) . So its a little inconsiderate.

[Edit]
She can read
Something that is block colour, but not
rainbow

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
child of lileth said:
I'm probably going to stop because it takes a huge amount of effort to type a 4 letter word in rainbow let alone a sentence.

unoleian

Jul 2, 2008
MikailCaboose said:
child of lileth said:
Or when it's an absurdly bright color and it becomes a pain to read. Like that middle yellow one.
Yes, this. Anything posted in yellow= Automatic ignore. I wouldn't even bother with it.
---

What's wrong with black? It's easily readable, and unless you're starved for attention or wanting to say "look at me!!!!!" color posts can be tiring sometimes. Best used for emphasis, possibly a spot of fun now and again, and little else.

skitzo van

Mar 20, 2009
Well I'm color blind, and I can't see the third letter in that word you wrote in different colors, so I'm going to guess it's a "k". So yes, it does annoy me when people type with cokors.

Pielikey

Jul 31, 2009
I don't really mind unless it's something stupid and hard to read.

Or you know, invisible for no reason.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Depends on the colour. Some are ok but bright ones on a white background really do my head in.

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
Pielikey said:
I don't really mind unless it's something stupid and hard to read.

Or you know, invisible for no reason.
I only type in yellow because its in a certian order. And the invisible is just weird, what color is that? Ivory?

goldenheart323

Oct 9, 2009
child of lileth said:
If it's one solid color the whole post, I don't mind it. If they do it in rainbows for no reason, then it gets "extremely" annoying.
fixed.

I agree with this & Kpt.Rob

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
So it is wrong to want to spice up your posts? Now I'm depressed.

I am sorry to have wasted your time