is RAGE gonna suck?

RyanDodd

Jul 30, 2011
Okay, so I love fallout 3 and New vegas, and have seen many other gamers compare RAGE to those games.
I would be more than happy to have a fallout clone to keep me tied over till the next fallout comes out, but I'm definitely on the
fence about Rage, yes its by ID Software the creators of the first person shooter (before romero and carmack split, carmack giving us endless
sequels to game franchises, romero giving us ugh 'Daikatana' but also giving us inadvertently 'Deux Ex' but that is another topic)

Anyway what do you think, will RAGE suck, or will ID deliver a shooter with more soul to it than the bland corrider shooters it's been pumping out for the last decade?
I realise this may seem a loaded topic, but bear in mind I'm a fan of ID, and of Fallout so would love to see RAGE be a good game.

Dizzy_Desu

Jan 29, 2011
I think it's worth remembering that id hasn't developed a game since Doom 3 in 2004, and in all honesty I didn't think Doom 3 was all that great. And if I were to be brutally honest, I'd say that Quake 2 wasn't very good either and Quake 3's multiplayer exclusive while fun, wasn't very substantial. I think I'll keep an eye on it after it releases to see what everyone thinks first, but because of how, for a lack of a better word, bad games have been recently, I won't be buying it on release day.

FPSMadPaul

Master Of The Smurfs
Sep 27, 2010
I hope not, I have it pre-ordered and from the gameplay trailers released it looks fantastic.

TheDooD

Dec 23, 2010
It depends pretty much on whats your mindset coming into RAGE. All I know for sure it's gonna suck for the used market if it bombs cuz nobody is gonna pay to unlock the rest of the content if main part is ass. Also we have no idea whats to come with DLC to keep the game alive.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
To be honest, from everything I've seen so far, trailers, tv cameos, etc, it just seems to be another bland post apocalyptic shooter. I'm honestly sick of the whole oh look brown, rust, and derbies, which ends up being uninspiring and forgettable.
If it ends up good, then great, but I personally don't see much to look forward to and I wouldn't be surprised if it is garbage.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
What good has ID done lately? Doom 3 was a disaster, Quake III was decent only because of polished multiplayer and Quake 2 was similar...

ID has zero faith with me, Rage will probably be dull as gray.

I guess they made Quake 4? Didnt they? But that was so forgettable I cant remember anything about it. ID hasnt been great since Doom 2.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I watched the behind the scenes series they made a couple of times, and I must say that what they showed looked really good and very fun to play. If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's this series of videos:
There's a couple of them. At first I didn't expect much out of this either, but then I watched those videos and I got a lot more excited for it.

Dizzy_Desu

Jan 29, 2011
tzimize said:
What good has ID done lately? Doom 3 was a disaster, Quake III was decent only because of polished multiplayer and Quake 2 was similar...

I guess they made Quake 4? Didnt they? But that was so forgettable I cant remember anything about it. ID hasnt been great since Doom 2.
Quake 4 was licensed out to and developed by Raven Software, id just published it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raven_Software

scoopz

Sep 15, 2011
I think it looks brilliant. Can't wait to play it. From the videos I've seen I will have endless hours of playtime.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
It looks imaginative and extremely well-made. The environments, enemies and weapons all look really cool, from what I've seen.

It also looks to be an FPS with more RPG elements than a lot of modern RPGs have, without for that matter sacrificing its FPS gameplay.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
I don't know, none of us have played it yet.

Therefore, how can any of us answer that question? Speculation off of gameplay trailers and the like? That's not really fair. How much "fun" or how "good" the game is only matters on a personal basis. Only time will tell if the game will "suck" or not.

Kekkles

Feb 19, 2010
I've played it and it's nothing like Fallout/New Vegas. Nor is it anything like Borderlands. It is its own game and I absolutely loved the experience playing it.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
questionnairebot said:
If I like it I will buy it for myself. If not then I will beat his copy.
...If you don't like it, why would you bother with finishing it?

(Wait, I probably already know the answer to this one.)

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Dizzy_Desu said:
tzimize said:

Quake 4 was licensed out to and developed by Raven Software, id just published it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raven_Software
Right you are. ID still havent impressed me since Doom 2 though :) At least not besides in a once-in-a-lan kind of way.