Is Samurai Jack the anime of the season and possibly the year

lionsprey

Sep 20, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
Typical, you can never pleased everyone.

As for me, overall I enjoyed the final season as a whole. At long last, I can rest in peace knowing that one of my favourite cartoons has a conclusion unlike Symbionic Titans, Jayce and the Wheel Warriors, Dungeon and Dragons and Thundercats 2011 etc. If you loved cartoons as much as I do, thosee lingering feeling of the unfinished journeys one of the worst!

I liked how different it was from the previous seasons in so many ways. Episode numbers as titles, one contiuntion arc than individual stand alone episodes, the new level of violences but not extreme and Jack finall adapted to the future and his new inner turmoil. Also despite feeling powerless and his effort was for nothing, he was wrong with that given to the final episodes and Ashi meeting the people that Jack had saved.

As for Ashi knowing Aku abilities instantly. That doesn't suprised me. I original thought before it aired that when Ashi did regain control, she would had turned the table by her controlling Aku instead as cliche/ troupe as it sound! That scene with Jack and Ashi in the time portal holding hand was worth it seeing Jack smiling, fulfull his goal! Still I don't get why Aku could make the time portal for himself to enter throught he was that desperate to lived?

Lastly I admit I too wanted to see an epilogue with the changed future but as bittersweet (and similar to Gurren Lagaan) the ending was, someone on YT pointed out the many lived that Jack saved may now be erased due to their lived may have been born from Aku reign of terror. Still their races would not have been erase so I would had wanted to see the dogs, Spartans, the jumping monkey, Scottman people and etc carry on with the peaceful lived.

Despite some complain on the final episode, look at it this way, would you rather have the ending we been presented or have it back in cliffhanger limbo before the announcement of season 5? Not knowing wheather Jack will make it back to the past or slain Aku once and for all. Still I suppose the latter is left to your imagination despite what other will says.
this is actually my main problem with the ending.
in essence jack killed all of the people he ever meet or saw in the future, since they are now ereased from existance. even if their race still exists somewhere the induviduals would all be dead since aku did a whole lot more then just provide the essence for Ashi. personally if i would have made the ending i would have had Jack kill Aku in the future and then travel back with Ashi to kill Aku in the past, and then have them be married and live happily ever after. its chessy i know but jack deserves a break. or i would have Jack kill Aku in the future and then have Ashi send him back to the past alone since she can't enter the time portal herself (this would also explain why Aku didn't just send himself into the future). it's a bitter sweet ending but at least all the characters we know and love wouldn't be absolotly 100% confirmed dead

Trooper924

Oct 20, 2011
MrBoBo said:
Samtemdo8 said:
MrBoBo said:
Samtemdo8 said:
This season is only dissapointing because of so much wasted opportunity.

Instead we get worthless filler like Scaramouche's hijinks, the Giant Worm, Callbacks that were weak (except the 3 Blind Archers one) etc.
Worthless filler?

> Jack starts of Insane

> Girls trained to kill, made insane

> Jack almost dies, gets his mojo back kills them all

> Looks after one regardless of her attempting to kill him

> Starts to see Jack isn't the bad guy

> Sees the good Jack has done, opens her eyes

> Saves Jack from Jack

> Helps Jack become Jack again

> Fall in love

> Attempts to abandon because of this

> Aku uses his attachment against him

Are you sure we watched the same show? Because there is a pretty clear arc from episode to episode. The original show had no arc what-so-ever.
Jack's Resolution with the horsemen stalking him had a terribly uneventful resolution.

Jack getting back his Sword could have been better.

How Jack lost his Sword could have been better.

The resolution with Ashi's Mother is mishandled.

The Giant Worm was only really only background filler. It served no point to the plot.

Scaramouche taking away any and all precious screentime and plot away from the main charcarters.
You can debate the execution, but it simply was not filler. It had a clear arc.
People really need to learn that "filler" means "inconsequential episode intended to pad out the series' length" and not "episode I don't like".

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
lionsprey said:
this is actually my main problem with the ending.
in essence jack killed all of the people he ever meet or saw in the future, since they are now ereased from existance. even if their race still exists somewhere the induviduals would all be dead since aku did a whole lot more then just provide the essence for Ashi. personally if i would have made the ending i would have had Jack kill Aku in the future and then travel back with Ashi to kill Aku in the past, and then have them be married and live happily ever after. its chessy i know but jack deserves a break. or i would have Jack kill Aku in the future and then have Ashi send him back to the past alone since she can't enter the time portal herself (this would also explain why Aku didn't just send himself into the future). it's a bitter sweet ending but at least all the characters we know and love wouldn't be absolotly 100% confirmed dead
The thing is, NO ONE knew what sort of time travel it is until it actually happened like one of the possible time travel theories, changing the past means creating an alternative universe (which is bad when you think about it since it means Aku would still be alived in the future but with no Jack). Actually now I think about it, maybe they did knew which time travel theory is correct perticually Aku due to him destorying all of the time portals.
If that was the case then it kinda reinforce my belief that all of those people whose risked or had their life perish to saved Jack were more or less willing to sacriface themselves to ensure Jack did get back to the past. I mean they all did watched the intro at the start of the episode.
I think they view rebooting their future existance is worth more than continue to be living in a hopeless existance under Aku reign of terror and corruption. Is your self existance is worth more than having a world without a tyranty of an evil overlord?

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
I wouldn't call it anime, although the word is too fluid to be a useful definition, and Samurai Jack has more anime influences than most western TV shows...

The last season has a lot of issues, but filler was not one of them. If anything, the last half was incredibly rushed. Its like they started the season on the regular Samurai Jack pace, and remember 5 episodes in that they only had like 4 more episodes to close the story satisfactorily. While I enjoyed the season, and I am glad the series got to had an ending, all my issues with the season come from the fact it was less than half the length of a regular season: the children of Aku was a cool concept, but once one of them died and Jack made piece with his decision, they stopped being a legitimate threat and dropped like flies; Jack looking for his sword was a good idea for a story, but it took him a single episode and the sword instantly appeared in his hand; I liked the interactions between Jack and Ashi, but both her change of heart and their romance was given far too little room to be explored.