Is Steam The Sith Lords patched?

David Bray

Jan 8, 2010
As the original Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords was full of bugs and cut content, is the new Steam release an ammended or original version?
Has anyone played it and found out?

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I doubt it, but there are fan patches out there so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
David Bray said:
Fappy said:
I doubt it, but there are fan patches out there so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
And i can use them with the Steam service no prob?
As far as I can tell you should be able to. Steam didn't stop the first games modding scene

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
David Bray said:
Fappy said:
And i can use them with the Steam service no prob?
Judging from Bloodlines, I'd say you only have to disable the automatic updates: 1. There aren't any new official patches coming any time soon. 2. Steam may "helpfully" update your game back to vanilla otherwise.

Other than that, I don't see any problem patching a Steam game.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
STEAM automatically only ever uses official patches, never unofficial or fan made ones. Meanwhile to the best of my knowledge Kotor 2 has never officially been touched up or redone, this would still be the same version that was released years ago.

So if you're talking about whether you still need to manually download and install the Restored Content Mod the answer is yes.