Is the PS3 version of Batman Arkham City "superior"?

I-Protest-I

Nov 7, 2009
mjc0961 said:
DefinitelyPsychotic said:
Now, before everybody gets all riled up, that is a question I'm asking. I'm not stating it as fact.
Then why didn't you word it as a question? You wrote a statement and then just tacked on a question mark at the end. Move the "is" to the front and add a "the" behind it, that's all you had to do. "Is the PS3 version of Batman Arkham City superior?" Easy.

As for why the review scores are a little higher on PS3, why don't you look at who gave the scores and actually try reading the reviews for yourself and see if they say anything? Basically it sounds like you want us to read the reviews for you and report back so you don't have to read them. Really, this is a question you can quite easily answer on your own.
You're acting upset, stop acting upset.

goldendriger

Dec 21, 2010
Maybe less loading times because of an installation? Imagine waiting 20 seconds for a loading screen as opposed to not waiting at all. I mean technically wise, they're pretty much identical, thats one of the only differences i can think of

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Nonono, don't worry.

PC version is, that's why they're pampering it two weeks longer.

StrixMaxima

Sep 8, 2008
PS3 has better hardware. Thus, it should play better than X-BOX, which is Devonian equipment right now.

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
Well Arkham Asylum was better on the PS3, but only marginally. I usually check on lensoftruth.com which always compares PS3/360 versions, and as I said the PS3 had a slightly better graphics and performance, that and you could play as joker. Depending on the developers I can now tell what games will be better on what system. Rockstready has shown better results on the PS3.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Yes. Yes it is. Why? Because it has trophies, while the 360 only has achievements. How often do people tell you that you've achieved something? Now, compare that to how often you get a trophy. How about a gold trophy? Or even a PLATINUM trophy! Shiny...

I'm betting that it might have something to do with the PS3 being slightly more powerful and running Blu-Ray, but honestly, does it really matter? Unless that game is completely unplayable on one system, I'm betting the experience will be the same for everyone: Shear AWESOMENESS!

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
The PS3 being slightly more powerful and running on Blu-Ray is probably why.

everythingbeeps

Sep 30, 2011
As others have said, it's usually because of the different publications. If you really want to know if there's a difference, look at one site/publication's review of both versions. For instance, look to see if Gamespot or IGN game both versions the same score, or whether the score was slightly different. Usually they'll be the same, which means any differences are negligible.