Is there a dev company whose games you will play, no questions asked?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
No, but there are a few to whom I will always give the benefit of the doubt. Namely Nintendo, Blizzard, and maybe Bethesda. Recently dropped from that list: Bioware

Dr Pyramid Head

Aug 16, 2011
I wouldn't necessarily buy every game without question, but Atlus, Square Enix, Blizzard and Valve all deserve my consideration.

Ironman126

Dark DM Overlord
Apr 7, 2010
Valve and Relic. They can do no evil. And i say this having played every game they have released for the last 15 years and at least liking everyone enough to play it twice.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
Rockstar and BioWare (mainly for GTA and Dragon Age respectively).
I've always enjoyed those 2 series of games and never even wait for reviews. As soon as I have the money, I go and buy the game.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Introversion, what with them wowing me twice and gob-smacking me once. Even their worst game is still pretty fantastic (Multiwinia).

Their upcoming game (Prison Architect) looks like Prison Tycoon if it didn't suck.

Sandjube

Feb 11, 2011
Carpe Fulgur, because their games are fantastic.

Oh and I don't really know if this counts, but Zun.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Lionhead Studios... I love the fable games! :p

I was also impressed with black and white, but not having a gaming PC, or the motivation to get one, I haven't owned it, just watched! And found it entertaining! I was also really impressed with the backing of Kinect that they gave, and the speaches and pitches from Peter Moleneux, who I think is pretty awesome!

Milo and Kate was also a great concept! And I am looking forward to Fable: THe journey to see if they incorperate some of that innovation into the game!

I know people criticise PM for showing things that don't make the final cut, and his habit of cancelling and rushing games, but I just like seeing the innovative concepts and ideas the company bring to the table... I beleive one day they will iron out the bugs, and actually put the ideas into practice, and we will have a pretty cool game on our hands!

skywolfblue

Jul 17, 2011
Nope.

While having Valve or Blizzard or Bioware behind it may help to pique my interest, I ALWAYS read the reviews first to make sure any game lines up with my expectations.

Sexy Devil

Jul 12, 2010
bleachigo10 said:
Insomniac maybe? I can't think of a single bad game they've made, or at least one I didn't like. Then again I haven't gotten to play all of their games so who knows.
Don't ever play Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One. EVER.

Mine is Naughty Dog; played and loved all their games since Crash. Their two kart racers were a little iffy but I still liked them.

J-Alfred

Jul 28, 2009
Not the dev company per se, but any game bearing the Kingdom Hearts logo I will purchase and play.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
"There's never enough time to make everything perfect but there's always time to screw up"

I'm a fan of Atlus, NIS and Bioware but I'd never purchase a game from any company without at least a little research on it.

I'm paranoid that I'll make the same mistake again that I made with Unlimited Saga($80 purchase with no research... $80 wasted). Before that purchase Squeenix was on my aggressively purchase list, I've learned my lesson.

Ben Agar

Dec 4, 2010
Used to be BioWare, back in 09, but now, now the closest developer to that would be Obsidian, Fall Out New Vegas has to one of my favourite games of all time, I just hope they'll make the next one with the engine used for Skyrim, 'cause I'd be all over that like Peanut Butter on toast.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
bioware is pretty much it.i mean come on their worst game was DA2 and that was just mediocore.

TheMann

Jul 13, 2010
While I may sound like a fanboy, Valve. They have yet to make a shitty game. Ever. Also, I'd probably say any game made by Tim Schafer. Therefore, I could probably also say Double Fine. If Bioshock Infinite turns out to be as awesome as it looks, I'll add Irrational Games to the list.