Is there a developer who has never failed you?

Winter Rat

Sep 2, 2008
Bioware and Valve come close, but they've all eventually broken my heart. Damn you valve, why did you have to make Left4Dead not worth it? I thought you were different!!

Seldon2639

Feb 21, 2008
I'd normally say Bioware, but they managed to mess up the Sonic RPG so badly that my heart is filled with disappointment.

For my money:

Intelligent Systems. Say what you will, but they make good games. Epic RPGs, with solid plots and fun systems. Fire Emblem, Pokemon, they've not gone wrong yet.

Camelot. They haven't made much, but the Golden Sun games were suitably fantastic, and I was a fan all the way back to Shining Force. Every game has been awesome.

Atlus. Oh, goodness. How do you even begin with the company which basically defines the JRPG in our generation? Shin Megami Tensai, Trauma Center, even freaking Demi-Kids was a fantastic game. If you like RPGs, or plot, or really any kind of awesome story, and are able to either like or look past the linearity and anime looks, there's almost no way to go wrong picking up at Atlus game. Just look for the Jack Frost.

Bloody Crimson

Sep 3, 2009
Huh....Well the pokemon team [be it gamefreak or something] and the ones who brought me .hack, I think it was Namco.

Then oh good Square Enix.

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
BioWare and Epic. Well, Epic kinda took a shit all over PC gamers when it didn't release Gears 2 on PC, but besides that LITTLE PROBLEM, I still like them.

under_score

Nov 14, 2009
I would have said creative assembly before Empire, but now probably Bethesda, Blizzard and the Pokemon guys

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
Easily Valve and Bioware. The one that's real special to me was always Irrational Games though. Such amazing work they did. They got morphed into 2k...north maybe and made Bioshock.

But prior to that they owned my soul with the Freedom Force games among others. And don't even get me started on Looking Glass Studios.

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
Blizzard and Valve for sure. POSSIBLY gamefreak if they aren't affiliated with Pokemon Battle Revolution. Nintendo no longer places on this list because of Pokemon Battle Revolution.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
rockytheboxer said:
Bioware and Valve come to mind for me.
Only Valve.

Because Obsidian was allowed to make a game called Neverwinter Nights 2 and it was a POS I felt cheated by Bioware.

Sep 13, 2009
Gearbox. Everything I've played by them, I loved.
And Relic, though I'm not a big fan of any of their games, I don't hate them, so, them, I guess.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
James_Sunderland said:
Croteam.

Look it up.
Serious Sam FTW!

OT: Rockstar. I've never played a Rockstar title that hasn't lived up to my standards.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
Furburt said:
Valve!

I wuv them so.
It was Valve until they announced L4D2. I'm sorry but I haven't waited this long for L4D2, give me Half Life Ep3 you bastards!

2K haven't. :) BioShock love <3

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Black Isle for pretty much as long as they were around. I would have concurred with the BioWare one, but I'm playing Mass Effect for the 10th(!) time, and I still hate the Mako no matter how hard I try not to. They also abandoned ship on KOTOR2, which was a huge let down :(