Is there a developer who has never failed you?

Blanks

Mar 17, 2009
Square-Enix has yet to fail me, sure you could argue Final Fantasy XII, but i didn't know much about FF or Square until after that and Since i've been introduced to them they've yet to fail me

And Blizzard of course

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
Blanks said:
Square-Enix has yet to fail me, sure you could argue Final Fantasy XII, but i didn't know much about FF or Square until after that and Since i've been introduced to them they've yet to fail me

And Blizzard of course
Okay. Seriously
What THE HELL is wrong with Final Fucking Fantasy Twelve!?
Why do so many consider it a bad game?
Was it Vaan? Was it the Gambit thing? What?
What bad thing did I miss in my multiple play-throughs that was honestly so horrible as to turn away so many fans?

Admiral Stukov

I spill my drink!
Jul 1, 2009
slykiwi said:
thegreatmilenko said:
All the relic games i have played were awesome, so i guess relic
Have you never played Soulstorm or Tales of Valour?
While Dawn of War and Company of Heroes are awesome games, you couldn't consider either of these 'expansions' to be anything but failures.
It was Ironlore that messed up Soulstorm, not relic

Blanks

Mar 17, 2009
Zeromaeus said:
Blanks said:

And Blizzard of course
Okay. Seriously
What THE HELL is wrong with Final Fucking Fantasy Twelve!?
Why do so many consider it a bad game?
Was it Vaan? Was it the Gambit thing? What?
What bad thing did I miss in my multiple play-throughs that was honestly so horrible as to turn away so many fans?

I just couldn't figure it out, the combat was iffy the battles seemed to be unbalanced and i kept getting chased by hoards of monsters and dying
It was mostly the combat that killed it for me, standing around waiting for my attacks to load while monsters freely and relentlessly murdered me (you could argue the same with the ATB but i found this to be way different since free movement was involved)

That was my personal experience with 12 and because of it i didn't like it
(every other Final Fantasy i've liked though ...odd eh?)

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Smilebit. Only played two games from them and both were beyond excellent. Jet Set Radio and Jet Set Radio Future.

EnzoHonda

Mar 5, 2008
Valve. I'd buy "Valve" condoms if they made them. (Joke in there somewhere)

Blizzard. Yeah. Even Blackthorn was a great game.

Looking Glass Studios. This was a painful loss to the gaming industry. Ultima: Underworld, System Shock, Thief. That's a fucking pedigree.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Tale Worlds and their wonderfully playable Mount & Blade.
Valve & Bioware, for being all round pretty good and for actually putting some effort into the different platform versions of their games respectively.

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
Bioware has never failed me, I've played, what? 7 of their games now, Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II, Jade Empire, KoTOR, KoTOR II, Mass Effect, and Dragon Age, loved each and every one of them.

I'd like to say Blizzard, and perhaps I can, I don't think WoW failed me, I think I just burnt out on it, and stopped being interested in it.

Nunatak

Oct 22, 2009
As in developer as a company, I'd have to say Valve.

If we're talking about actual people being developers, I'd like to mention Shigeru Miyamoto if it weren't for the fact that Zelda's been disappointing me as of late, so I have to be picky. Even so, we all know Shiggy still rocks and virtually deserves to be automatically mentioned.

That said, a dev that has -never- disappointed me (even though it's not so impressive a statistic as I've only played two games by him) is Fumito Ueda.

Hedberger

Mar 19, 2008
I would say GSC and their S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series because i really liked all of them but they were still somewhat dissapointing because i expected them to be even better.

Other than that though, i would have to say Valve.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
besides the WAYYY too easy instances, Blizzard has given me tons of fan service.

also, Valve and New Worlds Computing (before Ubisoft bought them) for creating the perfect game, and an amazing sequel.

Beero

Oct 17, 2009
Valve and blizzard. Valve makes games perfect, and blizz is great in artstyle. Both make games, which you keep playing for about years.

jigs160

Oct 18, 2009
2k,blizzard,bethesda,epic games,valve though i dont like half-life series but their games are good
also CAPCOM is my favorite developer:)
edit:DICE how could i forget you

Kud

I'm stuck because demonic spider
Sep 29, 2009
Notion said:
Bioware, Relic and I guess Nintendo.

Edit: Blizzard as well :D
i loved nintendo... untill it started making educational and fitness games...