Is there a developer who has never failed you?

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
Blizzard, lived WC2 and 3, liked WoW for a long time untill the gameplay started getting boroing, but thats just the way me and MMO's get along.
I almost get a boner when i see new stuff about Diablo 3.

neve rcared for starcraft though, nothing against it, i just already had warcraft, so there was no need for it.

I also like how they keep supporting their games, Diablo 2 is still waiting for it's last content patch (which is FREE, not some sleasy 5-10$ DLC) even though it's almost 10 years old.

Emilin_Rose

Aug 8, 2009
Nippon Ichi Software. Even its poorer titles are still better than most of the stuff being put out today. Not to mention the characters are all sugar coated and yet flawed enough to be likeable Flonne not withstanding.

DrDeath3191

Mar 11, 2009
Macgyvercas said:
DrDeath3191 said:
Nintendo. I expect to see this answer a lot.
They failed me. They're releasing the black Wii in Japan only, and I wanty that black Wii.
You could... you know... paint it if it means that much to you.
AshPox said:
Notion said:
Bioware, Relic and I guess Nintendo.

Edit: Blizzard as well :D
i loved nintendo... untill it started making educational and fitness games...
But you should consider that even these games are of high quality. (And who decided Brain Age was educational?! You perform simple arithmetic for the majority of the game!)

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Macgyvercas said:
DrDeath3191 said:
Nintendo. I expect to see this answer a lot.
They failed me. They're releasing the black Wii in Japan only, and I wanty that black Wii.
It's being released in Britain too... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Console-Sports-Resort-Controller/dp/B002TOKYE2/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1258290305&sr=8-15

deadagain33

Jun 11, 2009
Valve (even though big waits)
Blizzard (even though they "unbalance" WoW, who still plays that?"
Relic... Used to be good, but have since let me down

Admiral Stukov

I spill my drink!
Jul 1, 2009
tkioz said:
Bioware has never failed me, I've played, what? 7 of their games now, Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II, Jade Empire, KoTOR, KoTOR II, Mass Effect, and Dragon Age, loved each and every one of them.

I'd like to say Blizzard, and perhaps I can, I don't think WoW failed me, I think I just burnt out on it, and stopped being interested in it.
Another one fails at not knowing that Bioware had nothing to do with KoTOR II

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
stukov961 said:
tkioz said:
Bioware has never failed me, I've played, what? 7 of their games now, Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II, Jade Empire, KoTOR, KoTOR II, Mass Effect, and Dragon Age, loved each and every one of them.

I'd like to say Blizzard, and perhaps I can, I don't think WoW failed me, I think I just burnt out on it, and stopped being interested in it.
Another one fails at not knowing that Bioware had nothing to do with KoTOR II
Oh bite me, it's a years old game, I'm not obsessive enough to remember little tiny details about every game I play.

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
Funcom, Looking Glass Studios, Tale of Tales, Valve and Team Silent.
They are the grains of brilliance in this veritable sea of mediocrity.

writteninmyveins

Mar 18, 2009
im gonna go for naughty dog apart from them ditching Jak and Daxter but they made it up with uncharted and bioware such amazing games from both of them

NuclearPenguin

Oct 29, 2009
knight of zendikar said:
Mordaci said:
Bioware. Bioware. Bioware.
Everyone else has failed me atleast once.
Bethesda failed me with Oblivion
Blizzard failed me with Diablo 3 (Too much time >.<) and WoW (I want WC4 Damnit!)
Valve has failed me by fucking with my good steam account ._. (If thats valves fault and not steams I dunno)
SEGA failed with Sonic... He does not need a sword or to become a werewolf! >.<
Bethesda failed you with oblivion??? Any game capable of robing me of 140 hours of my life including dlc is not very disapointing. I know the imersion could have been better but still how can you hate it.
I do not hate it. I just dont like it in comparison to their previous work (Morrowind)

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
I feel odd in the waves of Bioware and Valve to say that mine is thatgamecompany. Haven't played Cloud, but flOw and flower are two of my favourite games (flower is at number 3 to be precise). Had I played the Jak & Daxter series I'd probably say Naughty Dog, since all of the games I've played of theres I've loved.

Ringo666

May 20, 2008
Again...Valve,Blizzard,Nintendo,Satan and the from the dead ones Psygnosis And old Black Isle.
E.A. anybody?(hehe)

Osloq

Mar 9, 2008
Bioware: Everything they've made that I've played I've fallen in love with. An honourable mention from me is Shiny Entertainment. I only played the earthworm Jims and sacrifice but I loved all three of those games to the restraining order sort of level.

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
Radelaide said:
Furburt said:
Valve!

I wuv them so.
It was Valve until they announced L4D2. I'm sorry but I haven't waited this long for L4D2, give me Half Life Ep3 you bastards!

2K haven't. :) BioShock love <3
I'm miffed about the wait for Episode 3 too, but Valve's still on my list.

Generator said:
Insomniac and Naughty Dog have both been very consistent with the games they produce. However, I'm strained to say that I haven't had any problems with them since both of them dropped some of my most beloved series.
Indeed. The Spyro and Crash series were far better when they were still in the hands of thier original developers.

AshPox said:
Notion said:
Bioware, Relic and I guess Nintendo.

Edit: Blizzard as well :D
i loved nintendo... untill it started making educational and fitness games...
This is the other reason that Nintendo is no longer on my "Never failed me" list.