Is there anything the Xbone has done right?

Tom_green_day

Jan 5, 2013
To be honest, I rather like it. I just won't be getting it because I'm a Sony user and there's no point changing when both MS and Sony's consoles are equally lacking to evolution in console gaming.

PoolCleaningRobot

Mar 18, 2012
We actually did have a thread like this. That was weeks ago so I'll just repeat what I said then

I like how they designed the xb1 to have as much air flow as possible so it'll run quiet and uses less power

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
That controller looks pretty sweet. I look forward to using it on PC.

Other than that? The PR disaster it's created Microsoft is hilarious and a sight to behold.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
exobook said:
With all the threads about how the new Xbox one will destroy gaming is there anything the console has done right? Here is the things I can think of:
Bring console power up to the ability of present PC gaming systems
Actually, no. Microsoft would like us to believe that, but you can easily find prebuilt PCs that are much more powerful - not to mention custom built.

Fully intergrate the home media system revolution that has taken place over the last decade or so
I've been doing it with my PC ever since I got broadband. So also no.

Thats it, can anyone think of anything else that the Xbox One has done right?
Not right now, but I'm guessing that they'll get enough attactive hostages exclusives to get people to buy it.

eels05

Jun 11, 2009
They've made my next gen choice clear for me.
I may even just bulk up my PC to gaming specs and be done with the consoles for now.

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
They're releasing at the right time, they haven't lied about the specs and shown fake game demos (like some others have in the past). But the short answer is no. They've done nothing right.

exobook

Sep 28, 2011
Doom972 said:
exobook said:
With all the threads about how the new Xbox one will destroy gaming is there anything the console has done right? Here is the things I can think of:
Actually, no. Microsoft would like us to believe that, but you can easily find prebuilt PCs that are much more powerful - not to mention custom built.
Yeah but atleast consoles aren't going to be struggling to fit things onto 512 MBs of RAM anymore. 8GBs of RAM isn't going to stop being the industry standard for a while (despite what people with 64 GB RAM set up thinks).

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
It's made me REALLY excited about E3: This could be another Sega Saturn after all. Imagine hearing that it's releasing at $500 and you can get yours...RIGHT NOW.

Serious answer: I can't think of anything it's doing right. It seems to have fixed the Kinect but then they went overboard and turned it into an Orwellian Nightmare machine. If Microsoft has FINALLY commissioned Rare to make a new Banjo and Killer Instinct though I'd say that's what they did right. Sadly those games will be released on a platform that 9 out of 10 gamers aren't going to buy.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Personally, I applaud their decision to accomodate gaming into their next-generation hands-free TV remote/surveillance system.

Ratties

May 8, 2013
Done right by the fact that alot of people bitching and complaining about it, will probably end up buying one. Buying into the craze right now because it's popular to hate them on forums. On some level, there will be quite a few people that won't buy it. Bet you that most of the people will see a game come out for it that they really want, they will plunk down the money.

Strelok

Dec 22, 2012
exobook said:
LOL, um no:

On topic: What I do like is the cloud gaming aspect, that is the future of gaming in general. Just I am not sure the world's internet connections are ready for that. For example a game uses the cloud to off load some of the higher graphics functions, and your internet goes down, if those functions are required the game will not work until connection is restored. That leaves many failure points from your connection, the router the ISP, the server structure. Not sure that everything is up to this task yet, it will be someday, I just hope Micro$oft's ham handed bumbling into it to early does not spoil it for everyone after Micro$oft is finally gone forever from gaming.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
It's certainly made me happy to know I can put the money I'd have spent on it into upgrading the 5yr old parts in my computer next year. It's also made me really start using Steam's big picture mode on my TV to play certain games. (zero difference from using my 360 expect the games run smoother and at a faster frame rate, and the interface isn't cluttered with a bunch of bullshit stuff I never use.)

I mean I was already kind of doing that, I haven't used my 360 in nearly 4 years, so I technically graduated to a new generation a long time ago. My computer is lacking a blu-ray player, but that's easily remedied with a trip to best buy and a screw driver.

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
CriticKitten said:
It's amazing how many people say "the controller", because it ....really isn't all that different from the last one, from the looks of it.

So it's not a good statement when your best feature is something your last console did well already.
It's the best of what's been revealed so far. And you can't deny the 360 controller had issues.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
It umm... it ummm... well, it's gone to... umm... uhh... Aha! It boosted the sales of Wii U's and it made Angry Joe rant. Oh, and it saved my dad money.

Anathrax

Jan 14, 2013
Forlong said:
Anathrax said:
It isn't this hunk of junk:
snip
I wouldn't go that far. They do look alike.
snip

...Well damn, I really have no idea what this console did right except for the MAYBE the controller. If you look at it in a different perspective you could say that this console is basically a "HOW TO CRASH AND BURN - CONSOLE MARKET EDITION" book and you should hope other console manufactures in the future should avoid mimicking it like the plague.
[sub][sub] I also have no bloody clue what the heck the guy in the gif is doing.[/sub][/sub]

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
Personally, NEITHER console has done anything to make me think I want one of them. For example, on the whole DRM front, I wouldn't think for a second that Sony doesn't have a similar plan up their sleeve. The console makers aren't the one's pushing for that technology - the publishers are.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
...It may have finally succeeded in mobilizing gamers to try to put a halt to anti-consumer corporate policies?

I can dream.