Is this the Best E3 in Years?

Newway12

Oct 21, 2014
In my opinion E3 had been kind of boring the last few years. This year has actually made me kind of excited. I believe its because they have kept leaks to a minimum and the event is about games rather then TV movies etc. What do you think.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
I don't really follow E3, although I do enjoy some hype. It's fun all on its own.

2015 is shaping up to be the best year in gaming for a very long time for me, as an RPG/Strategy fan.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
First time I ever watch it live, I'm definitely psyched for The Last Guardian, FF7, Shenmue 3, No Man's Sky and Zero Dawn.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Yeah, it's been waaaaay better than any previous year I can recall.

A lot of cool announcements and releases to be hyped about. I have way too many games to play in 2016 >.>

Jan 27, 2011
It's been alright.

I mean, Dishonored 2 with playable Emily OR Corvo? Hell yes, I'm interested.

On the other hand, all that Nintendo had that piqued my interest was Star Fox Zero. The rest was stuff we already knew about, or it was kinda meh.

Bear in mind, all I have is a PC, a 3DS and hopefully a WiiU in the not too distant future (damn funds not being in good shape)

It feels like they not only blew their load last year, but also in the days leading up to E3. The smash bros minidirect from the other day would have spiced their presentation up a bit, not to mention Earthbound Beginnings.

BakedSardine

Dec 3, 2013
I would give a lot of credit to Sony's VP Shawn Layton as far as getting Last Guardian moving and getting the FF7 and Shenmue 3 scoop for their conference. I remember in his first presser he made an off handed comment about Vib Ribbon, insinuating that it was coming to PS4 (which it wasn't and wasn't his intention). With fins kind of demanding it, he just said "I'm the CEO, make it happen."

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/10/06/vib-ribbon-finally-releases-in-north-america-tomorrow/

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Fallout 4 with Mods on my Xbox.
Halo 5 and it's Warzone mode looks really good.
Backwards Compat on Xbox means there is a lot of games I'll be replaying.
Horizon: Zero Dawn is making me want a PS4.

It's been my favourite E3 so far. Now I have to wait till Gamescon for Scalebound and Crackdown.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Sadly the only game to have really caught my attention aside from Dishonored 2 is Horizon: Zero Dawn, and from what I understand that's a PS4 exclusive so I'll likely never get to play it. Alas, such is life.

Also no hilariously awkward cringe-worthy presentations this year, that's disappointing. Normally every E3 seems to have at least one ridiculous show that's just entertainingly painful to watch ala historical crab weak points or sweaty yelling presenters, but I haven't seen anything like that yet. Booo!

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
I dont think theres been this many reveals that have piqued my interest in a single E3, ever.

And if a few more of Sony's exclusives earn thier Certification of Not Shit, i might just decide to get a PS4.

R.K. Meades

Oct 1, 2014
This year had Horizon, No Man's Sky, Dreams, Star Ocean, Dishonored 2, new Nier, Shenmue 3, Final Fantasy VII Remake, The Last Guardian, a new Rainbow Six that looked promising, and For Honor looked like it could be fun. E3 usually offers a few decent announcements buried under a pile of fluff. 2015 really gave me something to get excited about.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
Well FF7 made it the best one ever for me. I was not interested in anything going in except SFV but damn they have all announced some good stuff. I think last year only Bayonetta 2 and Xenoblade X got my interest.

I was disappointed there was no Dissidia news tho unless I missed it but pretty sure there was none. Overall I cant remember being more excited for games after an E3 than this one outside of 1 or 2 games I am usually indifferent.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Not even close; MS was average, EA was dull, Ubi was embarrassing, and Sony was average. So far only Nintendo and Square had anything of significant interest (also considering how Nintendo isn't over yet due to them streaming the Treehouse; Fire Emblem: Fates is up right now on livestream). All in all, average E3.

Tilly

Mar 8, 2015
Nope! Not for me at all. Sony was really the only who impressed. They were the only ones who surprised really. Everything else was either expected or fairly formulaic.

Last Guardian, FF7 and KH3 all mega exciting though. Shame none are particularly close.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Considering all the bombs dropped, it's a bit short-sighted to think that this won't be one of the most fondly remembered E3s of all time. Forget about The Last Guardian or the FF7 remake, Nier fucking two!!!!

Flammablezeus

Dec 19, 2013
As far as I'm concerned, the title for this year's E3 is The Amazing Bethesda: featuring No Man's Sky.

It was great for Bethesda alone, but as a whole it really wasn't great. I like the focus on the games, but the games themselves were lacking for the most part.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
It was alright. Microsoft had a pretty poor showing when it came to actual gameplay. Their 3 biggest games, Halo 5, Gears 4, and Tomb Raider, are all examples on how not to do demos. Halo was a lot of running (Warzone looks fun enough, however), Tomb Raider was practically just one large QTE, and Gears 4 was a lot of walking. Dark Souls 3 was leaked way before, but I am sure that people are excited for that one, Recore at least looked interesting, and Sea of Thieves is pretty much what I hoped AC4 should have had for multiplayer, and Fallout 4 mods (exclusive?) is a HUGE thing to reveal. That being said, though, backwards compatibility is certainly a big 1-UP over Sony, and anything is an excuse to phase out my Xbox 360, so it is nice to see that such a feature is coming to this console.

EA bored me to death, even though they had a strong start with Mass Effect, and a strong finish with Battlefront, the entirety of the middle contained quite literally nothing of interest (Fuck Plants vs Zombies).

Ubisoft, however, had a pretty good show, from what I saw, but I never got to watch the whole thing, considering that had work the next day, and I didn't quite fancy staying up to watch them flaunt AC onto the stage and show us the next step in their plan to drain the franchise of anything unique or interesting.