Is Torchlight better than Titan's Quest?

Dirty Apple

Apr 24, 2008
Just recently I purchased Titan's Quest, and have been enjoying it so far. There is some inherent repetitiveness, but that's to be found in any hack and slasher. I've heard a lot of good buzz with Torchlight though, and I'd like to get some feed back from anyone who's played both.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Here's what you need to know: Torchlight is literally a pallet-swap of Fate. Get the demo of Fate, imagine it slightly better, and you'll know if you like Torchlight.

I do, but TQ is better.

EDIT: Scratch that. There's a demo on Steam, try it.

Screens

Oct 31, 2008
I find Torchlight to be more light hearted than Titan Quest, although both are very good.
If you want replayability, I suppose Torchlight might win by a sliver, but Titan Quest at least has online multiplayer.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
I only played the demo of Titan's Quest, but I found Torchlight was easier to get in to because it had much better pacing. I found it really easy to loose an hour or two in Torchlight, where as Titan's Quest was a lot of wandering around and back tracking.

hamster mk 4

Apr 29, 2008
Titan's Quest had a strange habit of crashing my computer, where as Torchlight runs fine. In that I would say Torchlight is far superior. You will not get as much replay out of it as you get from Diablo. The character specific skills are not as varied as Diablo and a lot of the skill tree elements are shared. I still say get it if you are into that sort of thing. You can spend $20 in far less amusing ways.

If you still want to hack and slash but want something a little different try Mount and Blade. That game so far ranks highest in my enjoyment gained to money spent scale.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
lacktheknack said:
Get the demo of Fate, imagine it slightly better, and you'll know if you like Torchlight.
Or get the Torchlight demo and imagine it longer, might be easier. :p

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
D4zZ said:
lacktheknack said:
Get the demo of Fate, imagine it slightly better, and you'll know if you like Torchlight.
Or get the Torchlight demo and imagine it longer, might be easier. :p
Didn't realize there was a demo. Whoops.