-ism's on tumblr

Single Shot

Jan 13, 2013
Commissar Sae said:
Single Shot said:
While I agree with some of the things you are saying, the generalization you draw is flawed. Labels exist as a way of generalizing ideas or groups. The label of feminism should therefore be ascribed to the actions and beliefs of the majority of those who would call themselves feminist, and not the radical minority of crazy people. Feminism at its roots is about striving for gender equality and a stop to discrimination. Those who would pervert it to an ideology of Female supremacy as no more indicative of the broader movement than the KKK is of Christianity or Neo-Nazis of either right or left wing ideas. The Tea Party does not represent all Republicans, as much as they may claim otherwise and their opponents want to.

Hell, the idea of egalitarianism you are championing has roots in both the French Revolution and Marxism. Both of which have been responsible for death and suffering on a tremendous scale. The idea itself is not made worthless by the way some proponents of it behaved. The concept of equal rights for all is not cheapened by the fact that Stalin and Mao used it as the excuse for butchering thousands, neither is the idea of feminism cheapened by the ideals of a handful (and half a million is a tiny number in a world of over 7 billion) of fringe lunatics who claim to speak for the majority.

Feminism has a much longer history than the recent extremists would have you believe, and I for one am behind the ideals of the like of John Stuart Mill, every human being should have the right to equal treatment by the law and the state. That is all. That has always been the fundamental tenant of feminism. Modern iterations have started to change that message, and many more radical feminists are borderline lunatics, but the same can be said of anyone who holds to their ideology dogmatically without trying to understand the perspectives of others or ignores facts when it goes against their pre-conceived notions.

I have rambled a lot longer than I planned to. Anyway, all that to say that everyone, on all sides of this, should try to relax a little and look at things with a more open mind.
But you seem to think that in a representative democracy (effectively what feminism is because while it lacks elections it does have support indicators) the view of the majority, not those in power, is what the movement stands for. The examples you gave are all where the different factions have sub-divided in name as well as belief, a more related example would be to compare someone like Rommel and the non-believing germans to the rest of the Nazi party. They all fly under the same banner so to not oppose organizations that support GENOCIDE, and to then align yourself with their name is to support them by proxy.

Your idea that egalitarianism = Marxism/Mao levels of atrocity is a frankly stupid attack. It's like claiming Atheism was responsible for Stalin or Hitler.
and as a second point they differ because people did/have rose up to speak against those uses of the teaching.

When I talked about NOW I did so because they have almost frequent access to the president of America and are thus in a position to nudge laws in their favour. How does 310 million people in the western world sound as a number? They aren't a fringe group any more if they have access to world leaders.

Equal rights movements have indeed had a very long history. John Stuart Mill was a fairly early example (He often called himself a 'equalitarian' or '(human) rights campaigner' in much of his work according to 10mins on google. Not sure how accurate that is but it would seem to indicate he was a true equalist) but you can follow it all the way back to Rome with some effort. The genuinely oppressed have always argued for freedom.

Honestly, if you could show me evidence that I've somehow missed of influential and high ranking feminists calling out and attacking these extreme sections while fighting all discrimination (even when it's against men) and spreading true facts instead of threatening and blackmailing to keep perceived anti-feminist data unknown. Then, and only then, I would be only too happy to join them.

GeneralBigG

Environmentalist Clarksonian
Jun 26, 2012
Paradoxrifts said:
If a straight white male invokes the name tumblr three times in the dark, in front of a mirror, after midnight, on the thirteenth day, of the thirteenth month then an evil spirit will steal his testicles.

True story.
Thank you for that injection of humour into an otherwise typical "Internet is scum" / "Feminazis-RARAAGGHGRHGRGAHGRAGRH" thread.

Here, have an internet.

Wait, the internet is scum, have something else instead.

Howabouts.......
A cute picture of a kitten and a teddy bear.

SirPigglesworth

Aug 14, 2012
Single Shot said:
Sirpigglesworth said:
Single Shot said:
Protesting against mens-support services for men who have suffered relationship abuse.
distorting and subverting the fact that most of non-mutual relationship abuse is perpetrated by the woman against her male partner, most abusive relationships are mutually abusive, and women are statistically more likely to continue being abusive in their future relationships. (That's the findings when you ask both genders the same question instead of the feminist-funded ones that ask women if they have been abused, and men if they have abused.)
This reminds me of when we had a family violence talk at my school, this lady came on and all of the family violence was a man abusing a woman and all they ways men can abuse women, when asked about women abusing men her response was "It barely happens" and when asked about statistics she said about 50% of men will abuse their partners at some stage of their lives. She also said women are never physically strong enough to abuse men (ignoring the emotional abuse she blamed on men.) I think the local men's refuge has closed down since then.
Yeah, that's exactly why I despise feminism as a grouping. I suggest you look up the statistics since they're quite fascinating when you see them in relation to public opinion. Over half of relationship abuse is mutual. Over 70% non-mutual abuse is perpetrated by the female, and females are more likely to continue abuse into future relationships.
I already knew the correct statistics at the time but I couldn't have interrupted and said "Bullshit" partly because it was a serious thing and partly because I had gotten seriously told off for using correct statistics a few years before I had to have a serious talk with my teacher about the ratio of newborn boys to girls after I said it was more realistically 51% boys to 49% girls so I wasn't going to go though that again with a much more serious topic.

Commissar Sae

Nov 13, 2009
Single Shot said:
The problem is that you have placed Feminism as a unified movement. It isn't. There are no Feminist leaders as such, they don't have a party structure or a hierarchy. If you look up a list of current feminist leaders (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_feminists#Mid_and_late_20th-century_and_all_21st-century_feminists) there are hundreds of different names from all over the world, and they cover the entire spectrum of views on the subject. The only thing they have in common is the belief that women should be equal to men. The very concept of a "High Ranking feminist" doesn't make sense because they have no ranks. Some will be well regarded for their ideas, other will be ridiculed. If you want a specific example Betty Friedan often opposed the radical fringe because it hurt the feminist movement.

To it it straight, there is no one feminist leader, any more than the Civil Rights movement had one leader (MLK is pretty close, but even then.) I used the example of Egalitarianism=Communism as a way to make you understand the problems with your rhetoric. The concept of feminism is no more dictated by the actions of a handful of people than Mao is representative of equal rights between classes.

Robert Marrs

Mar 26, 2013
Tumblr is where all the people who have nowhere else to go end up. It becomes the scapegoat for anyone who wants to discredit a group. It allows people to state absurd opinions with pretty much zero follow up discussion or recourse so of course the people that want to say things they cannot defend whether its due to lack of knowledge or the content being hateful that is where they go. Its a shame that the groups that are being discredited by these maniacs don't stand up and say something though. I can't remember the last time I saw a radical feminist get called out by normal feminists. Generally this is because (regardless of the ideology) at the end of the day they view expressed on tumblr are just extreme versions of what those groups support. They don't want to harm their own movements and causes by splintering things which in turn allows people to generalize everyone in that group based on the fringe members. Basically if you want that to stop happening speak up and say something. Don't apologize for the problem try and do something about it. Police your own ideology or others will do it for you.

EMWISE94

Aug 22, 2013
Honestly, from the sounds of it, its like most people here that describe Tumblr as the savage wilderness where all the internet's scum go to fling poo at each other... might be using Tumblr wrong, well not wrong but, all the negativity that can be found on Tumblr is EASILY avoidable.

Personally, I have a tumblr blog where I post my art and follow other artist blogs and honestly I never see any of the bile mentioned, with the exception of one artist who I follow who is also a feminist, she may be the aggressive feminist that goes looking for the misogynistic bile to shut it down, but she's also rational, willing to discuss things, and isn't out to kill every random skaglick with a Y chromosome. Even so the amount she reblogs isn't toxic and is more insightful stuff rather than hate filled remarks and stuff.

Here's my advice, if you're gonna go to Tumblr, filter out what you're gonna be searching for, like seriously Tumblr is like any other place on the internet, if you try taking it all in you're gonna end up with bile and negativity. find whatever you have an interest in whether it be cars, sports, anime, science etc. you can end up browsing several posts without ever coming across the extremist lunacy that apparently runs rampant there.

Side note: If you asked me to describe Tumblr, I'd say its like a madhouse where all the loons and batshit crazies hang about, they aren't crazy to the point of wanting to have them sectioned, but crazy enough that they do the most hilarious things and you just want to sick around to see what they'll do next.

GryffinDarkBreed

Jul 21, 2008
thaluikhain said:
The Clown said:
A small other thing that bothered me is that people are treating fat-shaming as a deadly sin, I might be wrong, but I see fat-shaming on the same level as calling someone ugly, it shouldn't be done because it's mean to hate on someone for any reason.
Well, it's more complicated than that. Fat people face discrimination in various forms. You get simple stuff like not being able to find clothes in your size, but then you get very sinister medical issues as well. If you look around, you'll see lots of stories about people who've gone to the doctor for one reason or another, and they automatically get a diagnosis of "you're too fat, lose weight". Which has predictable results when it turns out they had some serious, unrelated ailment the doctor didn't bother checking for.

You also get cries to end disability payments for fat people, on the basis that you can't be fat and disbled, or something.
More accurately, they want disability ended for obesity. If you're disabled because you overate your ass immobile. That's what they're on about.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
GryffinDarkBreed said:
More accurately, they want disability ended for obesity. If you're disabled because you overate your ass immobile. That's what they're on about.
Perhaps some of they are, but that's not the case for a great deal of people. A lot of them automatically assume that being fat is the disability, and not a symptom of something else, and that it is therefore the person's own fault.

Single Shot

Jan 13, 2013
Commissar Sae said:
Single Shot said:
The problem is that you have placed Feminism as a unified movement. It isn't. There are no Feminist leaders as such, they don't have a party structure or a hierarchy. If you look up a list of current feminist leaders (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_feminists#Mid_and_late_20th-century_and_all_21st-century_feminists) there are hundreds of different names from all over the world, and they cover the entire spectrum of views on the subject. The only thing they have in common is the belief that women should be equal to men. The very concept of a "High Ranking feminist" doesn't make sense because they have no ranks. Some will be well regarded for their ideas, other will be ridiculed. If you want a specific example Betty Friedan often opposed the radical fringe because it hurt the feminist movement.

To it it straight, there is no one feminist leader, any more than the Civil Rights movement had one leader (MLK is pretty close, but even then.) I used the example of Egalitarianism=Communism as a way to make you understand the problems with your rhetoric. The concept of feminism is no more dictated by the actions of a handful of people than Mao is representative of equal rights between classes.
You seem to have confused set and rigorous leadership for importance by support leadership. Feminism may not be a defined and unified movement acting under a single leader or set of rulers, but it does 'elect' people it's members see as having good ideas to elevated positions with things like higher video views, positions in real world groups and meetings, and other such positions of power. Just because these aren't defined roles as leadership doesn't mean they don't act as a platform for the individuals message to be spread more effectively than the 'average' member. A youtube channel with thousands of subscribers will be seen as a more representative than one with only a hundred for example.

"To suppress free speech in the name of protecting women is dangerous and wrong" Yeah, I like that women. She was what's considered an equality feminist as opposed to the gender feminists that make up the majority of the movement, as such she argued for equality from the female perspective instead of female superiority. That is exactly the approach I have been arguing for in this thread and, as I have said many times before, I agree with true equality.

But considering that, I also see that feminism has repeatedly failed and attacked moves towards equality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iARHCxAMAO0
^^^ And do you know what that speakers crime was? He dared to suggest rape statistics may be (inadvertently) artificially skewed by the system to make things appear worse than they are. The speech was even titled "From Misogyny and Misandry to Intersexual Dialogue"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQzQBTkQZWU
^^^ Another example of feminists protesting against a speech on equality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crTgqIJ6kMY
^^^ Can you call this right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qodygTkTUYM
^^^ Feminists screaming abuse at a public forum debating the possibility of a men's support shelter for abuse victims

And these are just a few examples. It goes a lot deeper than you seem to want to believe and by sharing your ideological name with them you are seen as supporting them in the public eye.

Can you answer me one thing though, what would a moderate equality feminist lose by calling themselves equalists instead? If you have equality in the name of the movement it would become a lot harder for these extreme elements to hide and gain perceived support within the movement.

Paradoxrifts

Jan 17, 2010
GeneralBigG said:
Paradoxrifts said:
If a straight white male invokes the name tumblr three times in the dark, in front of a mirror, after midnight, on the thirteenth day, of the thirteenth month then an evil spirit will steal his testicles.

True story.
Thank you for that injection of humour into an otherwise typical "Internet is scum" / "Feminazis-RARAAGGHGRHGRGAHGRAGRH" thread.

Here, have an internet.

Wait, the internet is scum, have something else instead.

Howabouts.......
A cute picture of a kitten and a teddy bear.
Hath not a straight, white cis-gendered male gamer eyes? Hath not a straight, white cis-gendered male gamer hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions; fed with the same cheese Doritos & Mountain Dew , hurt with the same Noob Tubes, subject to the same swamp ass, heal'd by the same health drops, warm'd and cool'd by the same air conditioning units as a tumblr feminist is? If they prick us, do we not bleed? If they tickle us, do we not laugh? If they poison us, do we not die? And if they wrong us, shall we not revenge?

If they are like us in the rest, we will resemble them in that. If a straight, white cis-gendered male gamer wrong a tumblr feminist, what is his humility? Revenge. If a tumblr feminist wrong a straight, white cis-gendered male gamer, what should his sufferance be by tumblr feminist example? Why, revenge.

The villainy they teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction.

:p

GeneralBigG

Environmentalist Clarksonian
Jun 26, 2012
Paradoxrifts said:
Hath not a straight, white cis-gendered male gamer eyes? Hath not a straight, white cis-gendered male gamer hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions; fed with the same cheese Doritos & Mountain Dew , hurt with the same Noob Tubes, subject to the same swamp ass, heal'd by the same health drops, warm'd and cool'd by the same air conditioning units as a tumblr feminist is? If they prick us, do we not bleed? If they tickle us, do we not laugh? If they poison us, do we not die? And if they wrong us, shall we not revenge?

If they are like us in the rest, we will resemble them in that. If a straight, white cis-gendered male gamer wrong a tumblr feminist, what is his humility? Revenge. If a tumblr feminist wrong a straight, white cis-gendered male gamer, what should his sufferance be by tumblr feminist example? Why, revenge.

The villainy they teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction.

:p
I am happy to join with you today in what will go down in history as the greatest demonstration for freedom in the history of our nation.

Five score years ago, a great Internet Denizen, in whose symbolic shadow we stand today, signed the Emancipation Proclamation. This momentous decree came as a great beacon light of hope to millions of straight, white, cis-gendered male gamer slaves who had been seared in the flames of withering injustice. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of their captivity.

But one hundred years later, the straight, white, cis-gendered male gamer still is not free. One hundred years later, the life of the straight, white, cis-gendered male gamer is still sadly crippled by the manacles of segregation and the chains of discrimination. One hundred years later, the straight, white, cis-gendered male gamer lives on a lonely island of poverty in the midst of a vast ocean of material prosperity. One hundred years later, the straight, white, cis-gendered male gamer is still languished in the corners of Internet society and finds himself an exile in his own land. And so we've come here today to dramatize a shameful condition.

In a sense we've come to our network's capital to cash a check. When the architects of our web-ublic wrote the magnificent words of the HTML Constitution and the Declaration of IPv4-dependence, they were signing a promissory note to which every Internet Denizen was to fall heir. This note was a promise that all denizens, yes, straight, white, cis-gendered male gamers as well as tumblr feminists would be guaranteed the "unalienable Rights" of "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." It is obvious today that the Internet has defaulted on this promissory note, insofar as her citizens of cis-gendered, heterosexual maleness are concerned. Instead of honouring this sacred obligation, America has given the straight, white, cis-gendered male gamer people a bad check, a check which has come back marked "insufficient funds."

But we refuse to believe that the bank of justice is bankrupt. We refuse to believe that there are insufficient funds in the great vaults of opportunity of this nation. And so, we've come to cash this check, a check that will give us upon demand the riches of freedom and the security of justice.

We have also come to this hallowed spot to remind the Internet of the fierce urgency of Now. This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism. Now is the time to make real the promises of democracy. Now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley of misandry to the sunlit path of gender justice. Now is the time to lift our nation from the quicksands of gender injustice to the solid rock of brotherhood. Now is the time to make justice a reality for all of Cthulu's children.

It would be fatal for the nation to overlook the urgency of the moment. This sweltering summer of the straight, white, cis-gendered male gamer's legitimate discontent will not pass until there is an invigorating autumn of freedom and equality. Two thousand and thirteen is not an end, but a beginning. And those who hope that the straight, white, cis-gendered male gamer needed to blow off steam and will now be content will have a rude awakening if the network returns to business as usual. And there will be neither rest nor tranquillity in the Internet until the straight, white, cis-gendered male gamer is granted his citizenship rights. The whirlwinds of revolt will continue to shake the foundations of our nation until the bright day of justice emerges.

But there is something that I must say to my people, who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice: In the process of gaining our rightful place, we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred. We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into physical violence. Again and again, we must rise to the majestic heights of meeting physical force with soul force.

The marvellous new militancy which has engulfed the straight, white, cis-gendered male gamer community must not lead us to a distrust of all tumblr feminists, for many of our tumblr feminist sisters, as evidenced by their presence here today, have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny. And they have come to realize that their freedom is inextricably bound to our freedom.

We cannot walk alone.

And as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall always march ahead.

We cannot turn back.

There are those who are asking the devotees of civil rights, "When will you be satisfied?" We can never be satisfied as long as the straight, white, cis-gendered male gamer is the victim of the unspeakable horrors of White Knight brutality. We can never be satisfied as long as our bodies, heavy with the fatigue of travel, cannot gain lodging in the motels of the highways and the hotels of the cities. We cannot be satisfied as long as the straight, white, cis-gendered male gamer's basic mobility is from a smaller ghetto to a larger one. We can never be satisfied as long as our children are stripped of their self-hood and robbed of their dignity by signs stating: "For Tumblr Feminists Only." We cannot be satisfied as long as a straight, white, cis-gendered male gamer in Twitter cannot vote and a straight, white, cis-gendered male gamer in Reddit believes he has nothing for which to vote. No, no, we are not satisfied, and we will not be satisfied until "justice rolls down like waters, and righteousness like a mighty stream."

I am not unmindful that some of you have come here out of great trials and tribulations. Some of you have come fresh from narrow jail cells. And some of you have come from areas where your quest -- quest for freedom left you battered by the storms of persecution and staggered by the winds of White Knight brutality. You have been the veterans of creative suffering. Continue to work with the faith that unearned suffering is redemptive. Go back to Twitter, go back to imgur, go back to South Facebook, go back to Geocities, go back to Buzzfeed, go back to the slums and ghettos of our northern sites, knowing that somehow this situation can and will be changed.

Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends.

And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the Internet dream.

I have a dream that one day this network will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Geocities, the sons of former straight, white, cis-gendered male gamers and the sons of former tumblr feminists will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the site of Twitter, a site sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a network where they will not be judged by the cis of their gender but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day, down in tumblr, with its vicious feminists, with its governor having her lips dripping with the words of "interposition" and "nullification" -- one day right there in tumblr little straight, white, cis-gendered male gamer boys and straight, white, cis-gendered male gamer girls will be able to join hands with little tumblr feminist boys and tumblr feminist girls as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight; "and the glory of Cthulu shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together."

This is our hope, and this is the faith that I go back to The Escapist with.

With this faith, we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith, we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our network into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith, we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

And this will be the day -- this will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with new meaning:

My computer 'tis of thee, sweet LAN of liberty, of thee I sing.

LAN where my fathers died, LAN of the Protocol's pride,

From every mountainside, let freedom ring!

And if the Internet is to be a great network, this must become true.

And so let freedom ring from the prodigious likes of Facebook

Let freedom ring from the mighty musicians of Myspace

Let freedom ring from the heightening Hashtags of Twitter

Let freedom ring from the snow-capped Soirees of Second Life

Let freedom ring from the curvaceous curves of ChatRoulette

But not only that:

Let freedom ring from the /b/ board of 4chan

Let freedom ring from r/EnoughInternet on Reddit

Let freedom ring from every list article and video on Cracked

From every FTP, let freedom ring.

And when this happens, and when we allow freedom ring, when we let it ring from every topic and every post, from every site and every board, we will be able to speed up that day when all of Cthulu's children, straight, white, cis-gendered male gamer men and tumblr feminist men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old straight, white, cis-gendered male gamer spiritual:

Free at last! Free at last!

Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
I love Tumblr, it gives all the people that think heart disease is the heterosexual white mans way of opressing obese people a place to go circle jerk and leave the rest of us alone.

Commissar Sae

Nov 13, 2009
Single Shot said:
Can you answer me one thing though, what would a moderate equality feminist lose by calling themselves equalists instead? If you have equality in the name of the movement it would become a lot harder for these extreme elements to hide and gain perceived support within the movement.
You lose over a hundred years of history and cultural meaning. It would be like asking the Democratic Party to change its name because the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea shared it. It is a false claim that something new using the name somehow debases the entire movement and ideology. Hell, that is why there are so many forms of Feminism, and to say that because one person is a lunatic that has support delegitimizes the moderates, who while they may not be as vocal, do form the majority of the movement.

Single Shot

Jan 13, 2013
Commissar Sae said:
Single Shot said:
You lose over a hundred years of history and cultural meaning. It would be like asking the Democratic Party to change its name because the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea shared it. It is a false claim that something new using the name somehow debases the entire movement and ideology. Hell, that is why there are so many forms of Feminism, and to say that because one person is a lunatic that has support delegitimizes the moderates, who while they may not be as vocal, do form the majority of the movement.
A) Are you really losing anything when the 100 years of history you talk about is filled with bile and hate?
B) No. it would maybe be like asking the tea party to stop calling themselves just republicans because of their similar, yet differing, views so there was a clear way to differentiate between them. Feminism and 'extreme' feminism are the same group, not similarly names, unless the extreme parts have started spelling it with a 'P' while I wasn't looking. Pheminism?
C) Have you read anything I've said? I POINT BLANK AGREED THAT THE MAJORITY ARE BOTH MODERATE AND PRO-EQUALITY!!!
D) So you agree they aren't as vocal? So you must acknowledge the public face of the movement is dominated by the vocal (Read more extreme) parts and that they are poisoning it from within? Good Christ, this is like pulling teeth from a rock and expecting to find gold.

Here's what I'll do. I will make a list below, post where I lose you.

1) The majority of feminists are equalists (equality feminists) and believe in equality.
2) Some feminists use the movement to spout bile and hatred of men.
3) This small section is the most public and the most active.
4) By being the most active and the most public they control the public perception of the movement.
5) Because feminism as a movement is so large, this small group of hatemongers appears to have more support that they may actually have.
6a) This perceived support has historically allowed them to both suggest changes to legislation
6b) and avoid responsibility for abusing men.
7) This is a problem for the movement.
8) They get away with it because the 'feminist' umbrella extends to anything remotely pro-women/pro-feminine features (It's in the name. FEM-inism)
9) Other feminists do jump in and support their 'sisters in arms', in part because they are taught false facts by the more extreme elements. This can be part of an indoctrination process. E.G. Men abuse more in relationships/Women never abuse ... 1 in 4 women will be raped ... ect... <<< No. None of those examples are real facts.
10) These same people would not be able to congregate under the banner of 'equalism' because under that anything not for equality would be called bulls**t immediately. We all know what equality is, but feminism changes depending on the user and the context.

P.S. If you have a better idea for rooting out the nutters that hide behind the feminist banner please share. Until then I'm going to keep preaching about the hate spewed from their demented minds as proof that feminism needs to die.
If your political party started campaigning for the slaughter of children, you'd move to a party with the same ideal's as your old party used to have. You would not keep supporting them.