it is impossible to make ramen noodle soup in the microwave!

ryanxm

Jan 19, 2009
i cant make it come out right ever! it always floats to the top of the water leaving most of it to not actualy be cooked! can anyone give me a suggestion on how to keep the noodles down?

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Crack them in half and just leave them alone.
Then cook it for five minutes. And that's that. If you get really desperate, though, try soaking a paper towel and putting it over the bowl.
EDIT: You could also try using a larger bowl.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
You can make ramen noodles in the microwave? That's news to me. I always use the stove.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Take them out half way through, break them apart, mix, return to the microwave.

Jaxs

Jul 19, 2010
Not that I know of. Besides, what's wrong with using a stove top? Boil some water, throw them in, cook them for 3-3 1/2 minutes and your done.

Griphphin

Jul 4, 2009
I crack the noodle block in half, then in half again, fill a cereal cowl with it and water, and microwave for 4 minutes or so. I stir, and microwave a bit more, stir and microwave one last bit. I then dump in the mix and stir, making sure to pull apart the noodles so everything gets the seasoning.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
We need to get the "Is it a good idea to microwave this?" guys on the case.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
Break the noodles thing into quarters and then add in the seasoning mix. Microwave in a large bowl for 4 minutes or higher. Then enjoy. If you can't be arsed with that just use the stove.

arsenicCatnip

Jan 2, 2010
I just crush the noodles, then set the microwave timer for 6 minutes and let it be. After they're out of the microwave is when I add the seasonings.

child of lileth

The Norway Italian
Jun 10, 2009
Stir them occasionally? I never had that problem when I cook them, so I have no idea. How big is the pan you're cooking them in?

Edit: I misread the title. I thought that was a question instead. Anyway, stovetop works much better.

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
Yum Yum noodles are the best, screw everything else!

(that's right, I've managed to bring fanboyism even to this thread)

lykopis783

Jul 17, 2008
Yes, in fact it's the only way I even know how to make it. I have magical microwave skills. The easiest way of all doesn't actually involve the noodles IN the microwave though. Just microwave some water til it's boiling hot, then put the noodles in and cover the bowl with a plate or a book or something. 5 minutes later VOILA! perfect noodles. No stove necessary.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
Macgyvercas said:
You can make ramen noodles in the microwave? That's news to me. I always use the stove.
Been making them since I was a little kid in the microwave. Well not so much anymore since I discovered foods can actually taste like something, I don't tend to eat it anymore.

Even forgot to put water in the bowl once or twice. The noodles smell like something dead and the spice packet contents will catch on fire.

10zack986

Dec 5, 2009
I boil water, pour into bowl with noodles, cover. The steam should soften the exposed surface.

Top Ramen sux, Maruchan for life.

warprincenataku

Jan 28, 2010
You can in fact just boil the water in the microwave and pour it over the noodles and in about 5 minutes the heat will cook them.

Incidently, boiling them in the microwave will have the same effect. If you had a container with a lid... don't shut it tightly, that could solve your floating problem.

ArMartinez02

Mar 10, 2010
well depends, if u use instand 3 min in high, but if u do out of the package, i heat the water in mic first then add ramen, and then i wait till it softens,

coolman9899

May 20, 2010
Manaman said:
Macgyvercas said:
Been making them since I was a little kid in the microwave. Well not so much anymore since I discovered foods can actually taste like something, I don't tend to eat it anymore.

Even forgot to put water in the bowl once or twice. The noodles smell like something dead and the spice packet contents will catch on fire.

lololoooolloloolol did the mix really catch on fire... XD

unoleian

Jul 2, 2008
10zack986 said:
Top Ramen sux, Maruchan for life.
Werd.

---

I dunno exactly my "technique," but they always come out fine from the microwave for me. I have a plastic bowl the brick fits perfectly in. Just enough water to cover the noodles. Micro for a couple minutes. Fork 'em apart. A couple more minutes. Add seasoning. Instant stomach-filler. Stovetop is always preferable, but not always ideal for time.