It would have been nice if we had gotten a good space exploration TV show during the 2006-2015 time period

AstroCadet69

Sep 30, 2021
Country
USA
Actor Shea Parker was imprinted with a lifelong love of space and sci fi due to Star Trek being aired on TV every year from the 80s to the 90s.

I did not know that show had quite a impact.

Looking back I find it kind of sad there wasn't any good shows during the 2006-2015 time period with space exploration as a theme that would be suitable for middle to high school students as well as their parents to enjoy.

There was "Battlestar Galactica" and it was amazing but I don't think every teen would be allowed to watch it. I am talking about something that would have a wider appeal. There is Star Wars and I loved the Clone Wars but it is more fantasy than science.

I am talking about something with wider appeal that gets people interested in science.

We didn't get a decent Trek show until quite recently.

Would having a good space exploration show on during the late 2000s to mid 2010s time period would have had a positive impact on American society?

Looking back I find it sad there wasn't enthusiasm for space travel and working toward a better future back during the early 2010s.

In my typical upper middle class suburb during the 2000s to early 2010s young men seemed more interested in video games and/or sports and TV shows we more of a girl thing with shows like "Gossip Girl", "Keeping Up with the Kardashians", and "Jersey Shore" being all the rage.

Perhaps to compete it would have to be more sexier and edgier.