It's About Time :: Resistance: Fall of Man

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
I like your last three four paragraphs, more personality. Then other people hate that becuase it isn't professional or some bullshit.

Demons_Bane

Sep 9, 2009
I liked your review and i will be certainly reading more in the future.I had the same feelings about the game and i think many over look it. One thing to ask though do you usually only review single player?

Stranger of Sorts

Individual #472
Aug 23, 2009
Demons_Bane said:
I liked your review and i will be certainly reading more in the future.I had the same feelings about the game and i think many over look it. One thing to ask though do you usually only review single player?
No but I felt that the multiplayer in this game was thrown in at the last minute. Although I have to admit, 40 man sniper lobbies were always quite fun. When I get round to doing Resistance 2 they'll be a chunk of that on multiplayer as I spent quite some time on it. 8 man co-op was awesome

Stranger of Sorts

Individual #472
Aug 23, 2009
dmase said:
I like your last three four paragraphs, more personality. Then other people hate that becuase it isn't professional or some bullshit.
I actually wrote the last 4 paragraphs a day after I wrote the beginning so that may explain it. I was trying to be more serious but I must have relaxed into what I usually do.

Demons_Bane

Sep 9, 2009
Stranger of Sorts said:
Demons_Bane said:
No but I felt that the multiplayer in this game was thrown in at the last minute. Although I have to admit, 40 man sniper lobbies were always quite fun. When I get round to doing Resistance 2 they'll be a chunk of that on multiplayer as I spent quite some time on it. 8 man co-op was awesome
Oh man i wont lie to you i spent so much time playing 8 man co-op i kinda missed out on a lot of work i had to do.When exactly are you taking reference from playing the multiplayer?? Is it recent because if there are still people playing it then it would be awesome if you informed me.When i played its multiplayer it was quite refreshing and balanced at the time :D

Stranger of Sorts

Individual #472
Aug 23, 2009
Demons_Bane said:
Stranger of Sorts said:
Demons_Bane said:
Oh man i wont lie to you i spent so much time playing 8 man co-op i kinda missed out on a lot of work i had to do.When exactly are you taking reference from playing the multiplayer?? Is it recent because if there are still people playing it then it would be awesome if you informed me.When i played its multiplayer it was quite refreshing and balanced at the time :D
I got this game at a time when I wasn't really into multiplayer at all. The purchase of Call of Duty 4 and an ethernet cable soon changed that. I went back to Resistance to see what the multiplayer was like but I saw it as overshadowed at the time so didn't spent too much time on it.

Resistance 2 was different though, I got to level 30 with the Recon (I think that's what that class is called). The amount of damage you dished out with headshots after buying one of the upgrades was insane. Got all the co-op trophies and everything.

Something else I have realised I missed out in the review, that would be Intel. The backstory about the Cloven in that was gripping.

Demons_Bane

Sep 9, 2009
Stranger of Sorts said:
Demons_Bane said:
Stranger of Sorts said:
Demons_Bane said:
I got this game at a time when I wasn't really into multiplayer at all. The purchase of Call of Duty 4 and an ethernet cable soon changed that. I went back to Resistance to see what the multiplayer was like but I saw it as overshadowed at the time so didn't spent too much time on it.

Resistance 2 was different though, I got to level 30 with the Recon (I think that's what that class is called). The amount of damage you dished out with headshots after buying one of the upgrades was insane. Got all the co-op trophies and everything.

Something else I have realised I missed out in the review, that would be Intel. The backstory about the Cloven in that was gripping.
Personally i always found that when constructing a critical analysis of something the author must dictate the game fairly then scrutinize the content how he or she feels fit. Always remembering to keep the story telling in their analysis to a minimum just a piece of advice.

Stranger of Sorts

Individual #472
Aug 23, 2009
Demons_Bane said:
Personally i always found that when constructing a critical analysis of something the author must dictate the game fairly then scrutinize the content how he or she feels fit. Always remembering to keep the story telling in their analysis to a minimum just a piece of advice.
What's that in relevance to? This review?

Demons_Bane

Sep 9, 2009
Yes, you said that you forgot to add about the clover backstory but i was just wondering if maybe adding that would be a little too much. Don't worry anyway i am prone to senseless rambling.

Stranger of Sorts

Individual #472
Aug 23, 2009
Demons_Bane said:
Yes, you said that you forgot to add about the clover backstory but i was just wondering if maybe adding that would be a little too much. Don't worry anyway i am prone to senseless rambling.
No it's cool, it would only be a passing mention that there is an element of story to it.

Mirrored Jigsaw

Feb 25, 2009
A quick mention of the multiplayer wouldn't have gone to waste. It's one of few games that I actually LOVED the multiplayer in, and with the variety of weapons, match types and maps, I'd say it's better than Modern Warfare by a long shot.

EDIT:
Stranger of Sorts said:
...No but I felt that the multiplayer in this game was thrown in at the last minute...
I understand that since it didn't bring a whole lot of new concepts to the game it could feel tacked on, but the multitude of weapons is a far better selling point than perks and assorted bullshit like that. It's just naturally well suited for online multiplayer, and that goes pretty damn far.

MasterMongoose0

Nov 3, 2009
Resistance has horror parts?
Eh... that's a bit of a stretch. I'd say it's incredibly tense (huge damn gaps between checkpoints + not always having enough ammo + persistent enemies), but not horror. And this is coming from someone who thinks all remotely scary games are scary :p

I loved Resistance: FoM's blend of Half Life 2, Call of Duty, and Halo, though. Resistance 2 shaved away the Half Life 2, which made the game feel like just another "Me-too" shooter. I stuck it out for all 12-15 hours of the original game and couldn't be bothered to finish the admittedly gorgeous sequel that was only 8-9 hours. I got to the last level, groaned at the forced linearity and the removal of my beloved weapon wheel from the original, and just lost the will to play.

Still pumped for the end of the trilogy.