It's bad but does that make it not fun?

Gladion

Jan 19, 2009
nick n stuff said:
Gladion said:
nick n stuff said:
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King. Best Jrpg and one of the best rpgs i have ever played. The fact that it was on the PS2 was impressive too as the graphics and scale of the game was awesome. just talking about it makes me want it again...to ebay
Little question: how is this topic-relevant?
cos it's understood that this game was only suitable for the bargain bin in supermarkets ... that's why
Okay, never heard of that, isn't this one even the game that gave japanese kids a day off from school or was it one of its prequels?
Still, I figured this thread was about games that are actually bad but you enjoy playing rather than games that are generally hated but you like.

Optimus Hagrid

Feb 14, 2009
People, I present to you: MORAFF'S DUNGEONS OF THE UNFORGIVEN.

S'alright.

More Fun To Compute said:
Some people say that games like Killer7 and Shadow of the Colossus are bad to play so I'm personally not going to let that stop me. I thought that both played very well.
What? killer7s controls aren't bad, just unconventional, even pretty satisfying when you get the hang of them.

Sephychu

Dec 13, 2009
Some people say that games like Killer7 and Shadow of the Colossus are bad to play so I'm personally not going to let that stop me. I thought that both played very well.
These people are silly, those games are pure beauty.

For me Madworld. Repetitive? Yes.
I get to shove people into woodchippers. Screw thou.

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
Pirates of the Carribean for Xbox. It was supposed to be Seadog's 2 but some thing happened with Disney. The game sucks honestly for what it is and the straight cheese of it but for some reason I like it.

ALso Heroes: Kingdom Under Fire on Xbox. It does have a fanbase but it is small but I absolutely enjoy that game. (Not buggy, just an odd concept I think)

MisterShine

Him Diamond
Mar 9, 2010
Irridium said:
because if it had a bit more time and polish, it could have easily been better than KOTOR 1.
Radeonx said:
KotOR 2 could have been, in my opinion, one of the best RPGs ever.
I've said it once, a hundred times, a thousand. I'll say it til' my fingers are weathered down stumps from typing it.

The completed Kotor 2:
http://www.deadlystream.com/forum/f123/sith-lords-restored-content-mod-final-1-5-version-here-1158.html

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
Optimus Hagrid said:
What? killer7s controls aren't bad, just unconventional, even pretty satisfying when you get the hang of them.
Preaching to the choir here.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
Everyone hated the werehog stages in Sonic Unleashed. Said it was like a God of War rip off.
Which it was. That's why I like it, it's God of War that you can play when your grandma's around, no awkward sex scenes or masses of gore.
If Chip didn't exist, that'd probably be one of my favourite games. Yes, that's just how annoying I find Chip.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
ReinofFire said:
Who said that Shadow of the Colossus was bad?
I'm with this guy. There isn't a single thing bad about that game.

GhostKnifeFish

Aug 19, 2009
Shadow of The Collossus is an amazing game. I wouldn't let anyone tell me otherwise.

Nikajo

Feb 6, 2009
yep alpha protocol. Yeah it's rough round the edges but to be honest it's nice to play a game where what you chose to do actually has an effect on the storyline, unlike other games that propose this but don't deliver (I'm looking at you Farenheit!). I found it thoroughly entertaining!

xthetenth

Jan 8, 2009
Final Fantasy VIII. I quite enjoy it, but enough people call it bad that I'll stick it on this list. I couldn't get through the first disk of VII, but there's something about VIII that I don't mind. The plot is a warped caricature of something decent at least (which I'm not sure I'd say about VII, but tastes vary), and the horribly broken battle system is one of the most hilarious I've found. Sure it's punishing if you don't think it through and ludicrously powerful once you get it working and abuse the enemies scaling level with you (protip: when power is only tangentially linked to level at best, DO NOT DO THIS), but there's a certain charm to merrily one-shotting my way through the game.

Oh, and Kotor 2 was excellent. With writing as good as that got from time to time, I only cared that it was playable.

irishdude

Feb 4, 2009
xthetenth said:
Final Fantasy VIII. I quite enjoy it, but enough people call it bad that I'll stick it on this list. I couldn't get through the first disk of VII, but there's something about VIII that I don't mind. The plot is a warped caricature of something decent at least (which I'm not sure I'd say about VII, but tastes vary), and the horribly broken battle system is one of the most hilarious I've found. Sure it's punishing if you don't think it through and ludicrously powerful once you get it working and abuse the enemies scaling level with you (protip: when power is only tangentially linked to level at best, DO NOT DO THIS), but there's a certain charm to merrily one-shotting my way through the game.

Oh, and Kotor 2 was excellent. With writing as good as that got from time to time, I only cared that it was playable.
i f#cking love ff8, but agree with what ya said about, also bladestorm 100 year war bad game but love it to.

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
MisterShine said:
Irridium said:
because if it had a bit more time and polish, it could have easily been better than KOTOR 1.
Radeonx said:
I've said it once, a hundred times, a thousand. I'll say it til' my fingers are weathered down stumps from typing it.

The completed Kotor 2:
http://www.deadlystream.com/forum/f123/sith-lords-restored-content-mod-final-1-5-version-here-1158.html
Really helps us console players /sigh.

And I loved the Tex Murphy Series. As bad as the acting was, and as weird the puzzles, I loved every minute of them.

Spy Killer

Feb 4, 2010
Mercurius507 said:
Earth Defense force was (from a technical perspective) an awful game but SOOO much fun I could play it for hours.
Dude. EVERYONE loves the EDF. Arcady Japanese shit to the max!

Apr 28, 2008
MisterShine said:
Irridium said:
Radeonx said:

The completed Kotor 2:
I don't have the PC version, and the PC version isn't sold anywhere near me, so that doesn't really help me.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
killer7 is great, just started my third run of it.