It's Drunken Space Marines vs. Horny Elves in BoneCraft

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
kingcom said:
Ghengis John said:
Armored Prayer said:
Could they get sued for this? I have a felling Blizzard might not like this.
If Game's Workshop can't sue blizzard, (and they have every right to) then blizzard can't sue anybody. That said I think a previous interview with the developer of the game says it all:
Not this crap again....
If it were crap you wouldn't have to hear it so often.
ThrobbingEgo said:
Armored Prayer said:
Sued for elves, orcs, and space marines?

You're kidding, right? [http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/]

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
scumofsociety said:
and to be fair the WoW/starcraft elves & marines do look a bit different to GW stuff.
Oh yeah, cause the grunts in gigantic powered armor spacesuits taking orders from officers with Hapsburg Germanic uniforms thing was totally a generic setting by the time a developer who's first big hit started out as a WarHammer game got around to it. To be fair it's a blatant rip-off. But that wasn't the point of my post. The point was the man calls himself Hod.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Ghengis John said:
scumofsociety said:
and to be fair the WoW/starcraft elves & marines do look a bit different to GW stuff.
Oh yeah, cause the grunts in gigantic powered armor spacesuits taking orders from officers with Hapsburg Germanic uniforms thing was totally a generic setting by the time a developer who's first big hit started out as a WarHammer game got around to it. To be fair it's a blatant rip-off.
Oh yeah, they obviously got the idea from 40K but it's not enough of a copy to be sueable, gigantic power armoured marines weren't exactly a new concept by the time Starcraft was made.

Edit: and my point was that you can't really sue for 'military dudes in futuristic power armour'

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
scumofsociety said:
Oh yeah, they obviously got the idea from 40K but it's not enough of a copy to be sueable, gigantic power armoured marines weren't exactly a new concept by the time Starcraft was made.

Edit: and my point was that you can't really sue for 'military dudes in futuristic power armour'
Well it would be bad enough if it was just the Terran forces.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyranids
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/4/40/Tyranid_Trygon.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eldar_%28Warhammer_40,000%29

But I agree. Which is why i said if games workshop couldn't sue, nor can Blizz.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Ghengis John said:

The insectoid alien isn't exactly unique, starship troopers film (& I assume descriptions from the book), aliens etc
Technologically advanced aliens are pretty much a staple, although I do remember once seeing a design with a Protoss helmet and I was totally 'shit, that does look like an eldar helmet' and the Eldar are very original design visually.
The addition of a large brutal warlike race could be orks...or klingons, or loxans or chewbaccans (whatever they are called).

But yeah, I agree, there are enough stylistic and other similarities to say that starcraft was certainly inspired by 40K on many levels.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
scumofsociety said:
Ghengis John said:

The insectoid alien isn't exactly unique, starship troopers film (& I assume descriptions from the book), aliens etc
Technologically advanced aliens are pretty much a staple, although I do remember once seeing a design with a Protoss helmet and I was totally 'shit, that does look like an eldar helmet' and the Eldar are very original design visually.
The addition of a large brutal warlike race could be orks...or klingons, or loxans or chewbaccans (whatever they are called).

But yeah, I agree, there are enough stylistic and other similarities to say that starcraft was certainly inspired by 40K on many levels.
I'm betting Starship Troopers by Robert A. Heinlein could sue and win though. Hell without it, Starcraft and Warhammer 40,000 would lose a big part of it's franchise. Until someone eventually got the idea for them that is.

But that's another story, so let's leave it at that. Just my two cents.

Jark212 said:

In the name of the Emperor, this heresy will be cleansed...
This be the works of Slaneesh! To me my brothers! We will fight them at the front! *Draws Demon Hammer.
"BY THE BLOOD OF SANGUINIUS AND FOR THE EMPEROR!"

Focusing on this stupid and shameful parody, I hope they get their asses sued by Blizzard!

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
sunburst313 said:
Keep BoneCraft in mind while watching this [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0rqtc0Bfv0] video. It gets pretty creepy.

You got something on your face.
Paintin' the target.
LOLOLOL it's not just what he says, but the voice... the voice hahahahaha

crazypsyko666

I AM A GOD
Apr 8, 2010
Armored Prayer said:
I have a feeling Bobby Kotick's entitled ass is on the prowl for a new Maserati.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
scumofsociety said:
The addition of a large brutal warlike race could be orks...or klingons, or loxans or chewbaccans (whatever they are called)..
Hey, look at my avatar. I'm just gonna give you credit for knowing about Luxans. Thumbs up.

Also, Wookies.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Eh. There's probably more people playing these games than you'd think.

Most likely, the forums seem empty because while there's people playing the game, they're too embarrassed to admit it. Or something along those lines, anyway. XD

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Ghengis John said:
Hey, look at my avatar. I'm just gonna give you credit for knowing about Luxans. Thumbs up.

Also, Wookies.
Oh yeah, I didn't notice that. He's the little wierd thing that hung around on Moya being sleazy IIRC, can't remember its name though. Can't believe I forgot wookies.

Nouw said:
I'm betting Starship Troopers by Robert A. Heinlein could sue and win though. Hell without it, Starcraft and Warhammer 40,000 would lose a big part of it's franchise. Until someone eventually got the idea for them that is.
I've never read the book but I guess the film got it's cues from that, right? To be fair to GW the original Tyranids were more original and the MKII Tyranids certainly weren't taken from starship troopers. They were shit however. I reckon GW would get away with it though, I don't think you can stop people coming up with images based on descriptions in a novel.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Aylaine said:
I may play this game. It might be a mini WarCraft I can play with adult humor thrown in! xD

Also, elves... ;3
Just make sure you cast your Blessing of Protection.

On another note, this looks hilarious as all shit, and did anyone else have a good belly laugh with that one Elf that I swear was having her ear jerked off?

Also, in the spirit of things, I like this: its kinda like Porky's for video games. Harmless, mildly self indulgent crap that uses sex. Different strokes though.

SIXVI06-M

Jan 7, 2011
Tankichi said:
HAHAHAHA! this is just epic. I wonder how many quests will be to screw a boar rather then kill it.

Also Captcha was "thumbs up" Seems awkward at this moment in time.
Also "Catch a mysterious disease" quests come to mind.

SIXVI06-M

Jan 7, 2011
ThrobbingEgo said:
Armored Prayer said:

Well actually - Tolkein would probably have first dibs - but whoever conceived the idea of orcs and elves before it made it to popular fantasy fiction and onwards.

At the end of the day, it would be like suing over the discovery of water :p

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
SIXVI06-M said:
ThrobbingEgo said:
Armored Prayer said:

Well actually - Tolkein would probably have first dibs - but whoever conceived the idea of orcs and elves before it made it to popular fantasy fiction and onwards.

Wouldn't it be more like the usage of water? Ah well still ridiculous both ways.
scumofsociety said:
Ghengis John said:

Also, Wookies.
Oh yeah, I didn't notice that. He's the little wierd thing that hung around on Moya being sleazy IIRC, can't remember its name though. Can't believe I forgot wookies.

Nouw said:
I've never read the book but I guess the film got it's cues from that, right? To be fair to GW the original Tyranids were more original and the MKII Tyranids certainly weren't taken from starship troopers. They were shit however. I reckon GW would get away with it though, I don't think you can stop people coming up with images based on descriptions in a novel.
Oh no, not the insectoid-bug armies. I meant the Space Marines themselves!

Pyode

Jul 1, 2009
Gordon_4 said:
Just make sure you cast your Blessing of Protection.
Don't be a fool, enchant your tool.

Anyway, looks mildly funny. And hey, it's not like they are trying to be anything they're not. It's just stupid raunchy comedy and that's exactly what they are marketing it as. I personally wouldn't pay one penny for it, but to each his own.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Nouw said:
SIXVI06-M said:
ThrobbingEgo said:
Armored Prayer said:

Wouldn't it be more like the usage of water? Ah well still ridiculous both ways.
scumofsociety said:
Ghengis John said:

Also, Wookies.

Nouw said:
Oh no, not the insectoid-bug armies. I meant the Space Marines themselves!
Indeed you are correct sir, in fact I believe that Heinlein's Starship Troopers (a magnificent book) is listed as Trope Codifier on TV Tropes. He also helped popularize the almost mandatory power armour worn by said Space Marines.

RelexCryo

Oct 21, 2008
The Elf's hips should be wider. The head to hip ratio seems a little off. Otherwise, I think they should make warcraft and starcraft knockoffs two seperate things, or at least include females from both. Imagine a secret cloaked ghost brothel.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
*sepressed snicker*

wow...of course, thanks Internet...

Novania said:
Hang on let me dig out my facepalm pics....okay i guess this will do

*massively suppressed laugh* LOL love it

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
Armored Prayer said:
Could they get sued for this? I have a feeling Blizzard might not like this.
In some jurisdictions, probably. Labeling your fantasy/sci-fi PC game Bonecraft is a pretty clear reference to both of Blizzard's franchises, and when used for a thematically similar product exploits (and potentially damages) their goodwill. Considering the publicity it would give this game, I think Blizzard will abstain from it. They did act against that whole "World of Whorecraft" business a few years ago though (which I remember having some of the most absurdly hilarious dialogue ever written, saw a censored clip on a gaming site and one line had me positively floored for 5 minutes).

OT: Well, the whole thing seems a bit silly to me, and I wouldn't expect much in way of high quality story and gameplay, but I'm of course perfectly fine with there being something for every taste.