It's MAHVEL BABEYH!!!....

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
In arcade 1up form! Hopefully, with all of the rights issues dealt with, we may have a possible MvC4. Dare to to dream....dare to dream. This is prophetic since I just bought Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 on PS4.

Last edited:

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
I got mvc3 cause it had Amaterasu and okami is one of my fav games ever made but I didn't like the gameplay and went back to blazblue after 3 weeks, this was back in like 2011/12 I think, never looked back haha.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Regarding the video, I am wondering is Capcom is gonna release a collection like they did with Street Fighter for Consoles.

And includes MvC 2.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
I remember when I was a kid. My parents took me to Sportstime USA, an arcade that was in Westchester, NY.

And while I was in my Mecca, I remembered trying to formulate my route of attack to when I heard a sound from an attract trailer that I never heard before.

"ICE BEAM".

I distinctly remember wondering why someone was yelling for Ice Cream, so I looked. And I saw this

I remembered fighting back tears. Thinking "No one told me".

All the playground power battles, all the boasts, it was there. It was playable. And I did not leave that cabinet.

I'm not a fan of team fighting. I like one on one affairs (but I love Skullgirls, so everyone has wiggle room).

But those games were magic to me. Especially because back in the 90's it was still dorky to like Comic books.

I just want these games to come to the Switch. And Possibly Capcom vs SNK. It was such a large part of my childhood.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
But those games were magic to me. Especially because back in the 90's it was still dorky to like Comic books.
I know you grew up in a rough in yourarea, because you told us on a different forum on the old site. But here in Detroit and cities around it, most people seem to be cool comics. The more popular and well-known ones at least. you still had some people that looked out on that type of stuff, but there were people out there to appreciate a comic books regardless if they were in cartoons or video games. As far as I know in school, you can like most comics fine. Though you still had those asshole kids that would rip on you for watching or liking power rangers, sailor Moon, and sometimes the Powerpuff girls. the schools I went to why the Powerpuff girls well enough, but you had some boys that I would say they were only watch the show for Buttercup.

I was five when that X-Men game first came out. Saw it at my local arcade.

Last edited:

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
It's pretty damn cool thing, those games are cool but I guess if I were to fork out the cash for one of those machines I think would go for something like Metal Slug, Garou Mark of The Wolves or The Last Blade 2, since those are the games I'd personally consider worth it, I mean either that or Light Gun games since those are harder to emulate.

But yes, it's cool that Disney & Capcom managed to get their heads out of their asses and made that happen.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Just an update, but the cabinet came out earlier on December 4th.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Metal Slug, Garou Mark of The Wolves or The Last Blade 2, since those are the games I'd personally consider worth it, I mean either that or Light Gun games since those are harder to emulate.
Who knows. One day, SNK might make a deal with 1Up.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Was just reminded of this old flash animation. So juvenile. So stupid. Yet so good. Don't really have anything further to add.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
As a member of the Arcade Master Race and owner of the actual cabinet I poo-poo this tiny pathetic cabinet and everything it stands for. clearly designed for peasants.

tenor (76).gif
(believe it or not, they actually do talk like this on the arcade forums.)

Who knows. One day, SNK might make a deal with 1Up.
Hard to say. They already put out that Bartop and controller. I don't think they'd turn down what is essentially free money. They've ported SNK games to pretty much everything else, it's just a question of how much 1up is willing to pay for the license. Wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Metal Slug, SS and KOF cabinets in 2021. The timing would be good with the new KOF coming out.