It's Not a Game, But I'll Play It, Anyway

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007

It's the most hands-off version of Dungeons and Dragons you're ever likely to (not actually) play.

Read Full Article

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
That's still more of a game then Progress Quest. [http://progressquest.com/]

Then again, its sort of the point with Progress Quest, isn't it?

Macar

Jun 16, 2009
I dont know wht people play this stuff, sounds like every facebook game I've ever tried

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
They all seem to be the same, just to diffetent degrees. Although, I will agree its better than Farmville, if, for just at least it isnt farmville

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
Damn you to hell for linking to Cute Overload. It's like TV Tropes, only REEAAAALLLLLLLLLLY CUTE!

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Never understood the appeal of a game you don't play, myself.
That said, I think making a game a gargantuan clusterfuss ruins the fun too.

It's all about the desgin, in the end.

Vitor Goncalves

Mar 22, 2010
I agree with you its better then farmville because it doesnt bombard you with notifications from your neighbors. I might give it a shot.

EDIT: actually it does bombard it if you accept. And I just tried it and don't think waiting 8 minutes for updates is my thing, probably because I tried RPG's and MMO's before and even adventure books.

Lazarus Long

Nov 20, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
or whether or not your barbarian can use a Wand of Ephemeral Light.
Of course he/she can. Those are those little stick things you stab into wizards' ears, right?

I get a big, fuzzy, rose-tinted cheating-at-Lone-Wolf vibe off of this. Almost fuzzy enough to make me spend time on Facebook. Almost.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
it's a fact that facebook has wasted billions of other company's dollars and this article is why.

GET OFF FACEBOOK AT WORK! Damn people.

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
The only Facebook game I play, and enjoy playing is Warstorm sort of a rip-off of The Warlords....or The Warlords is a rip-off of Warstorm I have no idea I played both and The Warlords got be stuck mid-way through facing some tough stuff I wasn't expecting. Its a fantasy card-game similar to that lovely card smack-habit called "Magic, The Gathering" except without all that futzing with Land cards. I don't know why, but I keep going back to that over Team Fortress 2 which is starting to startle me....

...anyways point is some Facebook time-wasters can actually be OK....it just depends on what you like personally.....

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
That's still more of a game then Progress Quest. [http://progressquest.com/]

Then again, its sort of the point with Progress Quest, isn't it?
My precise thoughts, although I couldn't remember Progress Quest's name. So, ^^

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
my friends and I played some of this app about a year ago (maybe a little less), but in the end, we just found that the ability to not worry about it led us to not play it. Like you said, if you leave for a few days and come back, it'll all still be there..

Well it becomes easier and easier to not return.

It's a passing fancy for sure.

heyheysg

Jul 13, 2009
It's actually more of a 'Tweet' version of a fantasy story.

Instead of reading a book or a several page long story thread. This tells you the story of a fantasy hero in short spurts.

Some rolls now and then would be nice

Silver_Shade

Mar 3, 2010
The Random One said:
I hate to pop in and not add anything to the discussion, but what is your avitar from? It looks familiar, and it drives me a little crazier every time I see it. So, I thought I'd finally ask.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Susan Arendt said:

It's the most hands-off version of Dungeons and Dragons you're ever likely to (not actually) play.

Read Full Article
NO! SUSAN! YOU GOT TO GET OFF THE GAME NOW OUR YOU WILL NEVER GET OFF IT FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!