King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
"It's Not Like I Reich You Or Anything"

Inb4, "it's not a dating sim, baka gaijin."

Read Full Article

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
"The Greatest Title I Have Ever Written", indeed. Hooolyyyyy balls.

Cory's a bit too good at drawing anime Nazis.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
That should never be a thing, but sadly one day it probably will be...

Also, future Suchong is still a meatbag, how cute.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
It really does disturb me that "Hitler chic" is a thing. Historically, the holocaust was a rather recent event and some countries still have jackbooted assholes still stomping around proclaiming the superiority of the white "race." It's one thing to fetishise behaviour centuries after it's ended (as with the example of Roman culture) and another entirely to fetishise behaviour while there are still people alive who lived through the horror involved.

But then again, Americans have been re-enacting the Civil War since about two weeks after the last shots were fired, so who am I to judge?

Imperioratorex Caprae said:

And Erin still doesn't think it's weird that Suchong is alive, because she's clueless. Or believes in the power of skittles.

Zombie Badger

Dec 4, 2007
Zachary Amaranth said:
But then again, Americans have been re-enacting the Civil War since about two weeks after the last shots were fired, so who am I to judge?
Hell, many Americans glorify the side that fought for the right to own black people and hang their flag outside their houses.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
Next up, My Little Third Reich, where the Nazi 6 discover that friendship and genocide go hand in hand.
Well, you need friendship to overcome the treacherous ways of the...OW! OW! WHY IS MY HAND HITTING ME? OW!

I bet this exists somewhere, though.

Ingjald

Nov 17, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Next up, My Little Third Reich, where the Nazi 6 discover that friendship and genocide go hand in hand.
In the Rainbow Factory....

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010

But yeah, people are getting are playing fast and loose with their Nazis...there's an argument over how soon is too soon, but I'm thinking this is too soon.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States

Well, there's a neat reason for that. xD

I wonder how his Rat Clan is doing in that time. :/
Zachary Amaranth said:
It really does disturb me that "Hitler chic" is a thing. Historically, the holocaust was a rather recent event and some countries still have jackbooted assholes still stomping around proclaiming the superiority of the white "race." It's one thing to fetishise behaviour centuries after it's ended (as with the example of Roman culture) and another entirely to fetishise behaviour while there are still people alive who lived through the horror involved.

And Erin still doesn't think it's weird that Suchong is alive, because she's clueless. Or believes in the power of skittles.
Skittles have lots of power. They are made by mass murdering rainbows. xD

Also, good point about Civil War re-enactors. As the saying goes, "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks."

But that's why we have pillows.
;p

It should be noted that Japan was kind of on Germany's side in the war, kind of. Plus, I doubt they dwell too much on exactly why the Nazis are so hatted. At least, I hope they don't know all the details. <-<

Robyrt

Aug 1, 2008
It's not enough to kill a lot of people and look cool. You also need to be cooler than your opponents. This is why Egypt stopped being cool as soon as the Romans arrived, and anyone from the Middle East or Central Asia is never cool. Mongols, Ottomans, Persians - all had the bad fortune to be matched up against "good guy" Europeans.

wAriot

Jan 18, 2013
Japan has some weird idea of what the nazis and Hitler were.

Great game though (Daiteikoku, for anyone interested).

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Robyrt said:
It's not enough to kill a lot of people and look cool. You also need to be cooler than your opponents. This is why Egypt stopped being cool as soon as the Romans arrived, and anyone from the Middle East or Central Asia is never cool. Mongols, Ottomans, Persians - all had the bad fortune to be matched up against "good guy" Europeans.
Pffft. The Mongols were WAY cooler than the Europeans. It has nothing to do with how cool they were in comparison to Europe, they just had their empire fall apart and eaten by other nations.

Kaimax

Jul 25, 2012
wAriot said:
Japan has some weird idea of what the nazis and Hitler were.

Great game though (Daiteikoku, for anyone interested).

All Hail our Idol... lol

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Robyrt said:
I wonder though if the Mongols hadn't just left Europe to its own devices and continued on after decimating Bulgaria, conquering Russia (whoever said a land war in Asia was a bad idea didn't meet the Mongols) and coming back to Bulgaria to put down rebellion, what things would look like then?
I'm pretty sure the Mongols looked cool considering the amount of damage and destruction they carved across the whole of Asia and eastern Europe. I've always been curious exactly what made them say "Oh lets just chill out for a while" and were never really heard from again in the historical theater.

Imp Emissary said:
It should be noted that Japan was kind of on Germany's side in the war, kind of. Plus, I doubt they dwell too much on exactly why the Nazis are so hatted. At least, I hope they don't know all the details. <-<
I feel personally Japan just sided with the people they thought were going to win but had no shits to give on their personal politics, just an excuse to attempt to be the biggest dick in the room. And they had a damn good opening shot on Pearl Harbor. I may not agree with their choice of "allies" or their methods but you gotta respect the balls it takes to plan and execute such an attack. I know there were other political and economic pressures, but they picked the biggest target, and delivered the world's loudest bitchslap with effective ease. They only failed because they missed the US carriers and didn't follow up with any coordinated strikes on other military targets. I guess their egos made them think they'd already won and when the US mobilized into the Pacific, Japan realized it wasn't going to be that easy. Still they held their own damn well for a long time.
Even Germany had a great start to the war, but made too many mistakes by having way too many fronts to attack and defend. Pissing off Russia wasn't smart either.
I have an appreciation for bold tactics, even if I am disgusted with the social practices of the Germans.

But back OT, I'll never understand people who identify with the Nazi ideals. Its so ludicrous.

flaviok79

Feb 22, 2011
This strip is really something great. Cory and Grey show glimpses of being up there in quality with Bill Watterson in several of their strips.

Alterego-X

Nov 22, 2009
The Wooster said:
Inb4, "it's not a dating sim, baka gaijin."
It can be a dating sim if you say that this particular one in the comic strip is one. After all, there is such a genre as dating sims. Love Plus, Kimikiss, etc. Some of them even have visual novel-esque dialogue panels like shown.

The problem is when their name is used interchargibly with pure visual novels, like Katawa Shoujo or Fate/Stay Night, which either have little to do with romance, or at least portray it in the form of romantic literature, rather than a simulation of dates.