It's official, Devil May Cry fans are the worst fans ever

DioWallachia

Sep 9, 2011
GrimHeaper said:
JellySlimerMan said:
GrimHeaper said:
Another video pointing out flaws.
and the part 1 so you don't complain about him being a hater.
Why would i care about a person being a hater if the argument is solid? So i am the kind of person that jumps to the conclusion that everything is either Black or White/With Us or Against Us? What kind of idiot would judge someone's argument depending of who says it, instead of the argument itself?
Are you new to the internet? And judging from your response you didn't even watch the videos.
I think that he was refering to YOU mentioning the part of "so you dont complain about him being a hater" sort of like:

You: "This proves to YOU that he is not a hater"

Him: "Why are you telling me this? you think I will just call him a hater out of the blue?"

Glad you will.
I keep finding these kind of video's and they don't often repeat the same points that often.
Here is some ammo for you when you get around to it.
OG dante says he doesn't like people that talk more than him, he would hate Donte.
Donte is also weaker and has less variety than old dante in combat.
People saying he looks the same who are blind
http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/dmc1.jpg
SO MUCH AMMO and I didn't even post all of it.
Not even DMC2 gives me that much ammo.
And DMC2 is horrible.
Of course there are people that say judge it as it's own game and rag on the old ones while they are at it.
Saying the old games are easy anyway, but if that was the case why are they justifying them making it even easier for a bigger audience? It's so so terrible.
Nice. Kinda wished that there wasnt a sudden lag spike when clicking the spoiler tag. It will be useful in the future when dictating of the journalism in gaming is more biased than ever, now that everyone is convinced that we are entitled monsters out to destroy art.

All thanks to IGN of all people., and the ME3 fiasco. But who knows? maybe this cancer appeared much much early.

GrimHeaper

Jun 1, 2010
DioWallachia said:
GrimHeaper said:
JellySlimerMan said:
GrimHeaper said:
Another video pointing out flaws.
and the part 1 so you don't complain about him being a hater.
Why would i care about a person being a hater if the argument is solid? So i am the kind of person that jumps to the conclusion that everything is either Black or White/With Us or Against Us? What kind of idiot would judge someone's argument depending of who says it, instead of the argument itself?
Are you new to the internet? And judging from your response you didn't even watch the videos.
I think that he was refering to YOU mentioning the part of "so you dont complain about him being a hater" sort of like:

You: "This proves to YOU that he is not a hater"

Him: "Why are you telling me this? you think I will just call him a hater out of the blue?"

Glad you will.
I keep finding these kind of video's and they don't often repeat the same points that often.
Here is some ammo for you when you get around to it.
OG dante says he doesn't like people that talk more than him, he would hate Donte.
Donte is also weaker and has less variety than old dante in combat.
People saying he looks the same who are blind
http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/dmc1.jpg
SO MUCH AMMO and I didn't even post all of it.
Not even DMC2 gives me that much ammo.
And DMC2 is horrible.
Of course there are people that say judge it as it's own game and rag on the old ones while they are at it.
Saying the old games are easy anyway, but if that was the case why are they justifying them making it even easier for a bigger audience? It's so so terrible.
Nice. Kinda wished that there wasnt a sudden lag spike when clicking the spoiler tag. It will be useful in the future when dictating of the journalism in gaming is more biased than ever, now that everyone is convinced that we are entitled monsters out to destroy art.

All thanks to IGN of all people., and the ME3 fiasco. But who knows? maybe this cancer appeared much much early.
I left out quite a few GamingBrit and AlarmHat also bring good points to the table.
Though it worries me when people actually tell me DmC can be compared to Shakespeare.
Oh so very very much and I hate Shakespeare.
I also split it in half for you.

infamousxavier

Nov 27, 2011
Nearly everyone I have had this argument have said that I am just 'too dull/stupid' to understand the full complexity of their argument, and they're dead wrong. I get why people don't like the ending, I just personally don't view their reasons as my own and disagree with them. Because of this, I get called an idiot by the very people who got mad when people said they were too emotional and I find it's quite hypocritical of them. I am not trying to say you are wrong about the ending. I am trying to say that your opinion of the ending does not extend to everyone and the fact that most 'fans' who jump up and down about the ending make it sound like everyone who played the ending has that specific view.
Well, I am one of the people who hate Mass Effect 3's ending but, also let me state that I hated Mass Effect 2 and ALL of Mass Effect 3. But, I for one will not call someone who says that they liked the ending or the series itself an idiot. Although if you said that from Mass Effect 2 &3 had good storytelling I would have a object to you and we would have a nice little discussion. What you find hypocritical about those who hate ending I find the same flaws on those who defend it, especially when I point out a plot hole or I question the idiotic decisions of both EA& and Bioware's writing team. I have gotten told that I am butthurt,you just wanted a happy ending, get over it it's been x months, etc.

As for those who are jumping up or down about it well at least they are making some noise about it and making it seems that the majority of the fans dislike it probaly they are right. I mean I have seen more videos, parodies, articles written on how bad the ME3 is. Hell even Weird Al did a short bit on the ME3 ending sucking, it's obvious a good portion of the fans think negatively of the ending. Hell, I can google Mass Effect 3's ending doesn't suck and I can find more articles bashing it rather then defending it. But, to be honest I could be wrong I mean its extremely hard to defend a flawed piece of narrative when you got so many people who can rebutt your argument and probably with facts.

Then, when viewing their actions such as demanding a completely new ending, something which they have NO RIGHT to do, I feel misrepresented.
Actually I agree with you but that will only pertain to if you read a piece of fanfiction or watch an indie movie. When you are putting out a PRODUCT to be SOLD to consumers you are at the mercy of the audience period. Look at movies and focus groups there is a lot of movies who has had their ending changed because the test audiences did not like them. Look at music in which the artist's has NO say on their music due to SOMEONE else telling them how to do it. Bioware/EA spouting out the 'artistic integrity' line nearly made me die of laughter at such a blatant lie.

I actually believe that the reviewers opinion being likened to being formed in a vaccum is actually a good thing. This way their opinion is not swung by any outside influence and their opinion is entirely their own. This is why the Mass Effect ending blew up, because one after another people started looking towards the internet for other peoples opinions and then had their opinion changed. I know a guy who still hasn't played the game, yet tells people it's shit because he watched youtube clips. In fact, I've read a lot of people on this very site that they have not played the game and refuse to do so because of the internet. THEY aren't playing a game because their opinion was negatively affected due to the rage that came from the internet. I am seriously surprised when I read a thread and see someone say, "I played ME3 just last week, and it was actually ok" because I'm surprised that the internet hasn't stomped all over their opinion and changed it.
What is wrong about changing one's own opinion?Are we allowed to only to have that one and only opinion and that's it. As for those people who refuse to play the game because of the internet, so what? People universally avoid Superman 64 because of all the negativity that the game gets from reviewers word of mouth,etc. If you KNEW that Superman 64 was a bad game and your friend wanted to play it, would you tell him to ignore the criticism and drop x amount of money on the game? I wouldn't cause if my friend did it and found out that everyone is right he is going to come right back to me with some hate filled words.

TheBestPieEver

Dec 13, 2011
I wanted to make a civil argument on why the new DMC is an above average hack and slash but a step down in every aspect when compared to the godlike quality of DMC 3. But now that I see the thread and I see that somehow the ending of Mass Effect 3 made it here I am too afraid to do so.