It's Shark Week post stuff about sharks.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Sharks are hundreds of millions of years old, and haven't had to evolve into something else, because sharks are just good at being shark. Lots of weird creatures have come and gone, with unusual body shapes, but the sharks tend to look like fairly conventional fishes and that works better.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Stuff about sharks, stuff about sharks...

*Scampers away into the night.*

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Sharks have like 5 sets of teeth, fully formed, hidden in their neck, waiting to replace the ones actually in their mouth in case they break or come off. Sometimes nature puts all 100 points in one stat.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
You know given the ambiguity of the syntax of that criteria, Its interesting that what you got seems to be entirely sharks about to eat Pikachu, but it could also have read as wanting a Pikachu who ate sharks.

Now I'm positive that this circumstance is utterly unique and given the guy doing it is - like Valerie Taylor above - someone who has been in the water and around sharks and oceanic predators for four decades, and that four minute clip does not do justice to what he could say about his experiences with them.

But there is something I find very uplifting about seeing someone reach out and pat such an apex predator and it react with what I perceive to be as contentment. I'd never dare to do it myself, as much as it would be amazing for me.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
But there is something I find very uplifting about seeing someone reach out and pat such an apex predator and it react with what I perceive to be as contentment. I'd never dare to do it myself, as much as it would be amazing for me.
The thing is that sharks don't often seem to perceive humans as prey once they know what we are. An attack will most often consist of a shark biting once and then swimming away; they wouldn't do that with their usual hunting targets. It's just that their eyesight is so poor that they can't tell our shape apart from something like a seal from below.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009