It's the gamepocalypse, you can only save one game!

Pharsalus

Jun 16, 2011
Mount and Blade, no hesitation. Even vanilla only it's awesome and more open ended than any other game I've ever played.

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
I would probably save either Deus Ex, or Zelda OoT. You've got to remember, the point of saving the one game isn't so you can play it. It's so you have a place to start from when rebuilding games as a whole. What better way to begin anew than with one of the deepest and most complex games ever made?

In the meantime, we hunt down Jack Thompson and recalibrate his device to permanently eliminate his balls.

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
Ah, shit. Why's it always up to me? I'M NOT GOOD AT MAKING SUCH DECISIONS!!!! GAAAAH!

Quick, HL2 and its affiliates! If we control the Source code, we can adapt it to any future games!
If not, we lose Valve's entire programming system. And that could be considerably bad, seeing as how they make considerably good games.

daydreamerdeluxe

Jun 26, 2009
I'd be leaning towards Pokemon, but I'm trying to work out which generation (not to mention that they're made in pairs... Damn you, Nintendo!) First gen in Kanto was the classic, and perhaps that should be preserved? But second gen had both Kanto & Johto, and was just so much improved. On the other hand, 3rd gen in Hoenn had more improvements, and still stood relatively well on it's own... Remakes are also tempting, but fuck any of the new ones from 4th gen onwards, they're acceptable as a continuation of a series, but not as the sole surviving game in existence.

So, solitaire.

Olrod

Feb 11, 2010
It's tough, either Final Fantasy VII, or Secret of Mana.

Or Wizball (The Atari ST version).

Or Dungeon Master (Atari ST version again).

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
Oblivion or Skyrim, sure they might not be the best games ever but they are definitely the games I have put the most hours in(200+ in Skyrim, probably more in Oblivion) and I can just keep playing them.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
None, if all games but one were to be destroyed, I would rather all of them burn so we can just start over.

Mistermixmaster

Aug 4, 2009
At the same instant I finished reading this thread topic, one game popped in my head.

The game I will save? If you haven't played this, you don't like good great wonderful and amazing games!

[sub][sub][sub]I'm totally not a fanboy *cough*[/sub][/sub][/sub]

solemnwar

Sep 19, 2010
Dragon Age: Origins

Yep. That game has the most playthroughs of all my games. And I'm often itching to go back to it but then I feel guilty over my other games...

Studsmack

Sep 28, 2012
Mangles69 said:
It makes sense to choose a game that is massive, has many options/choices, numerous different replays, loads of DLC added to it....so I'm going to choose Fallout: New Vegas.

Having just one game forever, means I would want it to last right?
Agreed, but let us clarify that we'd like to save Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition.

Although, I'd actually feel more obliged to save Civilization V with the Gods and Kings expansion. Endless replayability and strategy!

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and XCOM: Enemy Unknown

shrimpcel

Sep 5, 2011
Half-Life 2. Let them wonder at would could possibly have happened before (and make lame prequels that will never be as good as the real Half-Life).

IrradiatedFish

Sep 24, 2010
Oh no... I can't possibly choose just one. I'd have trouble even narrowing down to 10 for so many reasons. Let alone that whatever game I chose would likely be extremely selfish, and not necessarily appealing to a wide demographic, but I wouldn't even know where to start in terms of what would objectively be the best game to chose as the "last" game.

I almost posted a massive list of games I like, but I suppose that defeats the purpose of this thread in that only "1" could remain.

Kiatta

Jul 17, 2012
solemnwar said:
Dragon Age: Origins

Yep. That game has the most playthroughs of all my games. And I'm often itching to go back to it but then I feel guilty over my other games...
Seconded. It's sad, really.

Though I would be miserable without the Fallout games, too. :(

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Persona 4,
because if one video game could save the earth from the gamepocolypse, it would have to be a game that uses the POWER OF FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

jackinmydaniels

Jul 12, 2012
I'm going to be original here and say...Max Payne 3. Why? Because I like it and couldn't care less what anybody else thinks.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Sid Meier's Alpha Centuri. It is the best 4X game, turn based strategy and I need to play it right now.

themechanic

Aug 30, 2012
Halo 2, accessible but incredibly deep multiplayer. Along with a fun story, and well designed campaign levels.

Kal-Adam

May 7, 2010
Probably Star Wars: Battlefront 2, since it's the game I've put the most time into without ever getting tired of it.