It's the gamepocalypse, you can only save one game!

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
DJ_DEnM said:
I want to say Borderlands 2, but I don't want future generations to think all games were cel-shaded shooters.

I have to agree with OP And say Wind Waker.
This is my exact opinion. Wind Waker is such a great game and it's art style ages quite well. My favorite in the series for sure. But ya currently my favorite game is Borderlands 2.

Serinanth

Apr 29, 2009
Alcamonic said:
I would say Minecraft. Simply because it's so much more than a game, it's very educational and improves your creative side.
Agreed, as long as we can mod it. Vanilla is nice an all but with mods you can make Minecraft into anything you want, along with making it purdy to look at.

But for something more conventional I would go with Civ IV, replay value and Leonard Nimoy.

personaitor

Aug 25, 2010
I would hands down pick Bastion.

Not only would it's flawless storytelling create legends as to what the other games could have been, it also appeals to a large demographic. It can be childishly easy, or ball-wrenchingly hard. Depending on what the player wants.

It would be the best legacy game to hand down.

NinjaSniperAssassin

Sep 19, 2012
It would have to:

-be fun (obvs)
-be easy to pick up and play
-have tons of varied gameplay
-have an engaging story
-cater to different playstyles
-have tons of replay value

so I'd have to go with Skyrim. It's not my favorite game (Bioshock, Borderlands 1 and 2, Persona 3 and 4, Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando and Resident Evil 4 top it), but it has all the qualities I mentioned in greater quantities than any other game I've played.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
Well there are 2 schools of thought on this. I could pick MY favorite game, or I could pick the game that will be the ONLY game left for EVERYONE.

Luckily the compromise is easy: Tetris

Anyone can play it, most people can get its appeal even if they find it personally boring. If we had to show one game to people 200 years from now as an example of how we wasted our time, I would rather it be Tetris than a game like Borderlands 2 whose pop culture and meme references were stale over a year before the game was released.

Not that future generations can't learn all they need to know about us from gazing at Moxxie's tits, but unless Tetris pieces are falling into her cleavage its not much of a game.

On that note I got a great idea for Borderlands 2 DLC...

karcentric

Dec 28, 2011
Alcamonic said:
I would say Minecraft. Simply because it's so much more than a game, it's very educational and improves your creative side.
Agreed, it would hold a lot of appeal, and it's easy to get into if you've never played a game before as well.

It's one of those games that's only as good as your imagination allows it to be.

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
Fallout 3 or Quake 2. I'd have a really hard time choosing, but I'd lean towards Fallout 3, since the modding community is more developed and the game far less dated (although Quake 2 is in my top 5 games of all time).

Azeal

Sep 19, 2012
Super Metroid.

Puzzles, Platforming, Shooter, Adventure, teensy-bit RPG (although mostly just in the form of upgrades), and fun as hell.

Other acceptable candidates are successive 2d sidescrolling Metroid games (as those have all been pretty solid; the 3d ones are all over the place though).

For troll value? hmmmmmmmm
IWTBTG (I want to be the guy, google it). Fuck you future, fuck you. Now only the koreans will be able to master the difficult lost art of gaming.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Team Fortress 2. Jack Thompson can't destroy the internet, so it'll still be playable.

But for good measure, I'll launch several weather balloons moments before Jack Thompson detonates his device; carrying every great game ever made on as many platforms possible, and then safely coming down to Earth once the device finishes detonation. With those precautions, I could focus all my effort on defeating dastardly Jack.

S_SienZ

Jan 26, 2011
WoW or Maple Story. If there's gonna be only 1 game left in the world might as well be the biggest time sinks.

DrDuckman

Jun 25, 2012
Gonna say Skyrim, not because it's the best game ever or anything, but simply because it's massively expansive, and with mods its the game most likely to provide the most variety, even if it's the only game left in the world.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
I would have to go with either League of Legends(assuming everyone can still play just that) or more likely Skyrim. I love me some Skyrim

That said the best choice would probably be Garry's mod.

Iori Branford

Jan 4, 2008
Doom 1. Not just rock-solid time-tested single and multi play, but ease of modding and open source code that an individual or small team can manage. Altogether that's more than enough seeds for new games and a new gaming scene.