It's the gamepocalypse, you can only save one game!

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
"evil Jack Thompson"? Isn't that just regular Jack Thompson? buh dum tish!

I'd save PacMan. I believe in remembering gaming history. Either that or an Unreal based game, since then you could grab the engine and go to town making new games.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
Torn between Kingdom Hearts 2 or Magic 2013. Those are so random but I am seriously torn between those two XD

jollybarracuda

Oct 7, 2011
Yup, Deus Ex. If society starts over and video games need a starting point for reference, it'd be absolutely bonkers not to have that reference point on one of the deepest and most intelligent games ever created. It would be almost beautiful.

Skin

Dec 28, 2011
AnotherAvatar said:
Skin said:
AnotherAvatar said:
Skin said:
Halo:CE

Good campaign, great co-op, best MP all time.
... No.

Just no.

I would rather have no games than just Halo.

Play Battlefield 3 for a day on PC and tell me Halo has the best multiplayer again.
u wot m8?

Different playstyles. One is a twitch shooter, the other is Halo. And CE was arguably the most balanced shooter of all time.

lulwut?

A 'twitch shooter'?

You sure you're not confused there champ. I'm pretty sure Battlefield has a lot more strategy going on than Halo. Mind you I haven't bothered to play CE because I no longer own a shitbox, but I did play the original release to death at parties with friends and from all my experiences having a single load out, one class, and no unlockable weapons, with the only single innovation (which is now about a decade old) being regenerating health and shields (which pretty much ruined the first person shooter genre, so yeah, cheers for that)... Well I'm pretty sure that that makes Halo the one that is light on strategy (as after 2 the strategy pretty much became 'get the sword!!!111', and before that it was just "stick him with the grenade!!!111").

I'd probably say Halo invented the 'twitch shooter', but I have to admit that I care so little about the genre I could be wrong. I do know that I blame it for the shitty state shooters are in today though, as it's retarded series was the precursor to this Call of Duty bullshit.

You know what though, quick way to settle this: Does Halo have mortars? No? How about anti-tank mines? No? So you mean the only tactics are "shoot guy, or rocket launch vehicle"? PFFBT, fuck that.

Mind you, if Halo was the only first person shooter you've played because you were a wee tot when it came out and it blew your mind then perhaps I could understand your confusion, but I really figured after a decade plus of the same shit you would have gotten it by now.
Were you swilling turpentine before you wrote this? Because 90% of what you wrote is nonsense and there is so much contradiction in your post it hurts. Not going to dignify it with a proper response, just letting it pass as the butthurt it is.

AnotherAvatar

Sep 18, 2011
Skin said:
AnotherAvatar said:
Skin said:
AnotherAvatar said:
Skin said:
Halo:CE

Good campaign, great co-op, best MP all time.
... No.

Just no.

I would rather have no games than just Halo.

Play Battlefield 3 for a day on PC and tell me Halo has the best multiplayer again.
u wot m8?

Different playstyles. One is a twitch shooter, the other is Halo. And CE was arguably the most balanced shooter of all time.

lulwut?

A 'twitch shooter'?

You sure you're not confused there champ. I'm pretty sure Battlefield has a lot more strategy going on than Halo. Mind you I haven't bothered to play CE because I no longer own a shitbox, but I did play the original release to death at parties with friends and from all my experiences having a single load out, one class, and no unlockable weapons, with the only single innovation (which is now about a decade old) being regenerating health and shields (which pretty much ruined the first person shooter genre, so yeah, cheers for that)... Well I'm pretty sure that that makes Halo the one that is light on strategy (as after 2 the strategy pretty much became 'get the sword!!!111', and before that it was just "stick him with the grenade!!!111").

I'd probably say Halo invented the 'twitch shooter', but I have to admit that I care so little about the genre I could be wrong. I do know that I blame it for the shitty state shooters are in today though, as it's retarded series was the precursor to this Call of Duty bullshit.

You know what though, quick way to settle this: Does Halo have mortars? No? How about anti-tank mines? No? So you mean the only tactics are "shoot guy, or rocket launch vehicle"? PFFBT, fuck that.

Mind you, if Halo was the only first person shooter you've played because you were a wee tot when it came out and it blew your mind then perhaps I could understand your confusion, but I really figured after a decade plus of the same shit you would have gotten it by now.
Were you swilling turpentine before you wrote this? Because 90% of what you wrote is nonsense and there is so much contradiction in your post it hurts. Not going to dignify it with a proper response, just letting it pass as the butthurt it is.
Do I need to simplify things for the Halo fan? Shocker!

I'm saying your game's multiplayer which you tout so high is shallow as a kiddie pool with about as many options (walk in it, or walk in it).

I'm not "butthurt" (missed a space there, champ) that you want to save a shitty game, I'm just astonished.

But hey, if you're only argument back is "well that's stupid", then clearly you are the 'winnar!!!111'. Please, by all means, resume enjoying Microsoft laying down some soft-serve in your mouth.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
My first instinct is to say Earthbound, but as the only game? Hmm.

Alcamonic said:
I would say Minecraft. Simply because it's so much more than a game, it's very educational and improves your creative side.
I'll parrot this. With enough time, Minecraft will become everything else. Enough time, and patience, and people helping you build it, and you can make any game in Minecraft.

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
Save Mario or Zelda...something with really fundamental, basic, all-ages appeal that could start the cycle over again when released.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
He's right you know, Skin. Even just looking at consoles, Halo's Multiplayer is pretty bland compared to contemporaries such as Timesplitters and Perfect Dark. It's got vehicles, but that's about it.

AnotherAvatar said:
On that note, does Battlefield 3 have ships that move? Battleships that can lay down a massive barrage? up to 32 aircraft in the sky at the same time? Dive bombers? Heavy bombers that can carpet bomb a whole area? Submarines? Snow, Desert, Mountain, Beach AND ocean maps? Bots?

BF3's alright, I'll admit it, but it's not even the best battlefield, let alone the be-all-end-all of multiplayer either.

And 'butthurt' is usually spelled as one word, though it works either way.

AnotherAvatar

Sep 18, 2011
Squilookle said:
He's right you know, Skin. Even just looking at consoles, Halo's Multiplayer is pretty bland compared to contemporaries such as Timesplitters and Perfect Dark. It's got vehicles, but that's about it.

AnotherAvatar said:
On that note, does Battlefield 3 have ships that move? Battleships that can lay down a massive barrage? up to 32 aircraft in the sky at the same time? Dive bombers? Heavy bombers that can carpet bomb a whole area? Submarines? Snow, Desert, Mountain, Beach AND ocean maps? Bots?

BF3's alright, I'll admit it, but it's not even the best battlefield, let alone the be-all-end-all of multiplayer either.

Well, yeah, I didn't say it was. Hell I don't even like it quite as much as I liked BC2 just because I feel like the destructible environments aren't as strategic as they were. I was simply using a contemporary game that the console lover may have played.

By the way, are you talking about 2142 or another BF? What I've played of 2142 I've loved an absurd amount. I mean you get to pilot what is basically a Metal Gear!

miketehmage

Jul 22, 2009
League of legends, and I'm all set. I'm assuming that when all of this is over we can make new games though.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
AnotherAvatar said:
Squilookle said:

AnotherAvatar said:

Well, yeah, I didn't say it was. Hell I don't even like it quite as much as I liked BC2 just because I feel like the destructible environments aren't as strategic as they were. I was simply using a contemporary game that the console lover may have played.

By the way, are you talking about 2142 or another BF? What I've played of 2142 I've loved an absurd amount. I mean you get to pilot what is basically a Metal Gear!
Fair enough- I hear a lot of people preferred BC2 over BF3 for that reason, too. The one I was describing though was the original BF1942- such insane variety and balanced gameplay, and 64 players to boot. By far the best dogfighting in the series too, though BF3 easily comes the closest to matching it.

AnotherAvatar

Sep 18, 2011
Squilookle said:
AnotherAvatar said:
Squilookle said:

AnotherAvatar said:

Fair enough- I hear a lot of people preferred BC2 over BF3 for that reason, too. The one I was describing though was the original BF1942- such insane variety and balanced gameplay, and 64 players to boot. By far the best dogfighting in the series too, though BF3 easily comes the closest to matching it.

That looks pretty damn fun. I think I played a bit of it on PS3, but that doesn't count at all. I'll have to grab this for my PC and give it a go.

Sir Pootis

Aug 4, 2012
Katamari, any of the games. When reproducing games, people need to know there was more than bland shooters.

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
AnotherAvatar said:
xmbts said:
AnotherAvatar said:
Skin said:
So can you two take the wall of text debate to PM or something? >.>
If you look at the last two posts I think both of us finished. I know I'm certainly done.

Respect your concern for your thread however.
Nothing against either of you just know how things can escalate. xD

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Batman: Arkham City or LA Noir.

Strictly speaking, those are two games I gravitate towards playing when I'm messed up so I'd hate to lose them.

Though, maybe Midnight Club: LA, just because my four year old nephew loves it to death.